Meet the production Ford Kuga

P71_CrownVic

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
It's beautiful, I love it... 2 questions.

1) When do we get it?

2) Will it be a victim of the half-assed powertrain introduction syndrome?

I think 2012, IIRC, is when we'll be getting it.

And your second question, I hope not.

Getting back to the vehicle this thread is about...

The Kuga is a pretty attractive compact CUV and very much in the current very curvy, very sleek design mould of nearly all compact CUVs on the market...minus, of course, the Escape. Yet the Escape is the #2 or 3 seller. While I think the Kuga is sleek and attractive and if brought to the US would perform well in the market, I still think there is a place for the more "rugged" looking compact CUV, and that's a niche the Escape really has to itself.

Actually, I would think that a slightly "rougher" Escape and a more "refined" Kuga could probably be marketed and sold right next to each other in the same showroom. They would each appeal to different consumers. Heck, bring over the similar looking EuroFocus and you could call the Kuga the "Focus X" thereby keeping the name in line with Taurus and Taurus X.

Scott

I do believe that there could be a market for both, which could support the Kuga-to-Mercury argument, so that both will have a product.

As far as calling it Focus X, I don't know about that, since the Taurus X will be dying soon anyways...thus, Focus X would be the only 'family member' possessing that name.