Meet the production Ford Kuga

P71_CrownVic

kuga.jpg

We got our first look at the Ford Kuga in concept form at September's Frankfurt Motor Show and it looks like the production model won't be straying very far, stylewise. The Kuga should land in European Ford dealerships in spring 2008 powered by a variety of engines, including Ford's latest 2.0L turbodiesel. With the Escape bearing much more of a resemblance to Ford's truck lineup, if the team in Dearborn really wants the Mercury Mariner to be more upscale they would bring this design over as its replacement. Hell, just make this the new Escape and forget about Mercury. The Kuga will probably debut at the Geneva Motor Show in March alongside the Fiesta/Verve.

AB

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What that jackass who wrote that article doesn't realize is that Ford wanted to bring it over as Lincoln, but it never happened due to currency issues.

Seems like there is more and more group think going on in the automotive press that everything FOE does is automatically better then FNA can do.

I'd like to see FOE redesign the F-series, and see how bad they fuck it up.

Or the Mustang.

Heck, I wouldn't want to drive a FoE midsize or compact either.

I had a Contour SE, and while it was fun to drive, I recall riding over a particularly rough patch of interstate in a friend's car and being surprised both at how quiet and how smoothly it covered those bumps.

That vehicle

Wait for it......

A Mitsubishi Montero.

That's right, my Contour, which was an absolute blast to drive through twisty stuff rode worse than this thing:

DSCF2163.jpg

Or the Mustang.

Yeah I know...

_Ford-Mustang-Giugiaro-Concept-1.jpg

Don't let any yuropean near FNA, they just "don't get it", FNA is all about mediocrity.

427Concept.jpg

While you're at it, remove Horbory from NA design too.

Ford NA was much better when it wasn't influenced by yuropean design standards

_1996-Lincoln-Sentinel.jpg

Edited by pcsario

While you're at it, remove Horbory from NA design too.

1) It's Horbury.

2) Horbury didn't design the 427, some other Brit did.

3) From the U.S. declaration of independence:

For imposing Taxes on us without our Consent:

Imposing vehicles on the NA market without it's 'consent' is foolish. Vehicles designed and built in Europe with no input from U.S. consumers and U.S. engineers should not be, must not be sold here. It is the equivalent of 'taxation without representation.' It makes no sense whatsoever, and only someone blinded to the differences between these two vehicle markets could possibly believe otherwise.

1) It's Horbury.

Horbury and the 427 dude were both trained in the yurocrappy, non-american design school.

:ohsnap:

That Mustang wasn't done in NA either.

:ohsnap:

"Bububu Yuropeans can't design Mustangs bububu ItalDesign is not European like that Ford division bububu"

I guess the Verve, Mondeo, etc. are also lookers in & out "only because of luck" :rolleyes:

Edited by pcsario

Imposing vehicles on the NA market without it's 'consent' is foolish. Vehicles designed and built in Europe with no input from U.S. consumers and U.S. engineers should not be, must not be sold here. It is the equivalent of 'taxation without representation.' It makes no sense whatsoever, and only someone blinded to the differences between these two vehicle markets could possibly believe otherwise.

Absolutely its working pretty good for Ford N.A. as it stands, and the future is looking real rosie as well. :hysterical:

"Bububu Yuropeans can't design Mustangs bububu ItalDesign is not European like that Ford division bububu"

I guess the Verve is also a looker "because of luck and because FNA is involved with its development" :rolleyes:

I don't you can use the term "Designed" when referring to the new Mustang. all they did was take a 30-35 year old Mustang, round the corners a bit and call it "retro".

No, Danup, see that's where you're wrong. The Kuga should be manufactured in Europe, and Ford should import 12k of them a month and sell them at losses all over the U.S. while they mothball the line at KC.

That's what a smart person would do, at least.

No, Ford NA should of gotten on track with the project from the beginning, Set up assembly domestically or Mexico.

What that jackass who wrote that article doesn't realize is that Ford wanted to bring it over as Lincoln, but it never happened due to currency issues.

Seems like there is more and more group think going on in the automotive press that everything FOE does is automatically better then FNA can do.

:hysterical: yes its like a facking virus running thru the automotive press.

Ford N.A. is by far the best truck company , no doubt about it. And very good with designing raw road eating cars such as the Mustang.

:hysterical: yes its like a facking virus running thru the automotive press.

Ford N.A. is by far the best truck company , no doubt about it. And very good with designing raw road eating cars such as the Mustang.

"Raw, road eating cars"...with an ancient SRA. :hytserical:

That shows how backwards Ford NA really is. Their lumbering SUVs get IRS while their ONLY car that is even close to a drivers car, gets a SRA. :finger:

"Raw, road eating cars"...with an ancient SRA. :hytserical:

That shows how backwards Ford NA really is. Their lumbering SUVs get IRS while their ONLY car that is even close to a drivers car, gets a SRA. :finger:

Don't you know? It wasn't a cost-cutting move... it's because the fans DEMANDED IT! :hysterical:

They demanded IRS not be even optional!