Ok, I'm officially DONE!!! No More Focus For Me!!

apexpredator

New Focus blows, all right, blows all the 'poor sales' predictions into the water. And many satisfied customers with no major quality problems. Also, the wagon buyers were moslty fleets like Com Ed, or Orkin, so the Estate car from Eur would be in the same situation. AMerica doesnt sit and sip cafe all day like French and obsess over car handling quirks, so not many REAL car buyers would have cared if C1 came in 05.

My Focus is now 10 years old with almost 90K miles, this was the first year of progduction so I expected problems or at the least some problems. However, I still drive this car daily. And, from how I see it the car has worked very well. I have made several 800-1000 mile trip with it and it performs well enough considering it is an economy car.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know you guys are discussing the looks & performance of the Focus but I thought I would add my .02. We do not own a Focus but my son was riding in the back seat of a Focus & the driver lost control of the car when he hit a patch of black ice. He hit a utility pole, breaking the pole in half & the Focus caught fire. All 3 kids riding in this car excaped without injury. My son is 17, weighs 230lbs. & is over 6 ft. He received the worst of the deal by being in the backseat, he was hit in the face with the air bag. A small cut to the cheek. The 2 young men in the front seat walked away without a scratch. Now IMO it may not look like a sport car or drive race car but that vehicle saved 3 young men from having serious injuries or even worse ending their lives. His parents must have agreed because they just purchased another Focus to replace the one they were in. Here is a couple of pics.

post-35249-1233835261_thumb.jpg

post-35249-1233835281_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I used to have a 99 ZX2, a sporty looking 2 door. When a deer finished her off, I bought a Ranger instead as I did not like the looks of the Focus. I prefer 2 doors and in my opinion the ZX3 hatchbacks look like they were rear ended and had their taillights kicked up over their waist line. Sorry no offense to anyone, I just don't like the way they look from the back. So when Ford announced a Focus Coupe, my interest was peaked. Employee pricing and 0% financing proved to much to pass up and I bought one a few weeks ago. Too new to give a reliability report, but I like this car. With the leather seats (heated!!!) it is actually comfortable for a compact car. When I turn my head to look out the side window, I'm not staring at a door pillar. I like the body lines of the Coupe and it reminds me of my old ZX2, but with more headroom.

BTW while I am a Ford fan, I am not an apologist for them. Just ask me about the wheel bearings on my 02 Explorer.

• 1 month later...
Yes Ford gave current Focus owners the finger. But be careful on these forums, there are some FORD firemen that will show up soon to hose you down for bitchin about the new thing that is wearing a Focus badge.

I am a fireman, and I will never buy a Ford vehicle again after the crap I have had to deal with. My Focus (2006) is a piece of shit, really. The amount of things that have gone wrong (first it was coolant leaking out, then electrical problem, then the airconditioner, now my transmission with a few smaller things in between). I used to work at Ford before I switched to the department and know how things are on the line, but the crap that has happened (only have 74,000 km on the car) so far has convinced me Ford products are lemons. I've had others on the job ask me about their vehicles because of problems they have had and now I'm convinced that FORD makes crap vehicles, not just the Focus.

I'm out, switching to Toyota now.

Why Toyota? Because every time my car had to stay in the shop I had to get a rental car, and they have all been Toyota's, and none of them had any problems with them.

Edited by scuzzi

I am a fireman, and I will never buy a Ford vehicle again after the crap I have had to deal with. My Focus (2006) is a piece of shit, really. The amount of things that have gone wrong (first it was coolant leaking out, then electrical problem, then the airconditioner, now my transmission with a few smaller things in between). I used to work at Ford before I switched to the department and know how things are on the line, but the crap that has happened (only have 74,000 km on the car) so far has convinced me Ford products are lemons. I've had others on the job ask me about their vehicles because of problems they have had and now I'm convinced that FORD makes crap vehicles, not just the Focus.

Why Toyota? Because every time my car had to stay in the shop I had to get a rental car, and they have all been Toyota's, and none of them had any problems with them.

Scuzzi...it def sounds like you got a bad one there and there is no excuse for having to put up with that....but your assumption that the Toyotas are superior based on having it for a few days or weeks is flawed...Toyota has problems as well....I wish you luck on your next car, whatever it is....I had a 2000 Focus SE and it was reliable and rock solid til the day I traded it for my current ride, a 2006 Fusion SE. The dealership kept my Focus for their loaner fleet and finally put it out to auction when she hit 200K and the front wheel bearings were shot. I kick myself for not keeping it longer, it would have made a great car for my daughter now that she is 16.

• 4 weeks later...
Scuzzi...it def sounds like you got a bad one there and there is no excuse for having to put up with that....but your assumption that the Toyotas are superior based on having it for a few days or weeks is flawed...Toyota has problems as well....I wish you luck on your next car, whatever it is....I had a 2000 Focus SE and it was reliable and rock solid til the day I traded it for my current ride, a 2006 Fusion SE. The dealership kept my Focus for their loaner fleet and finally put it out to auction when she hit 200K and the front wheel bearings were shot. I kick myself for not keeping it longer, it would have made a great car for my daughter now that she is 16.

offer me a good price and I'll sell you mine. Its in the shop again getting the transmission fixed (for the second time). It really pissed me off coming home and all of a sudden the car seemed to just 'pop' out of gear, especially since its an automatic. I'm on the highway and it was like I threw it into neutral and was just revving the engine. Car was in three weeks ago to get this problem fixed and its still not fixed. Its also annoying to have people say how good the quality is and then say that I should know that when the vehicle went through its model change I should know the quality isn't all there.

I live in Brampton, Ontario, Canada. Feel free to give me a price in canadian $'s for this vehicle.

offer me a good price and I'll sell you mine. Its in the shop again getting the transmission fixed (for the second time). It really pissed me off coming home and all of a sudden the car seemed to just 'pop' out of gear, especially since its an automatic. I'm on the highway and it was like I threw it into neutral and was just revving the engine. Car was in three weeks ago to get this problem fixed and its still not fixed. Its also annoying to have people say how good the quality is and then say that I should know that when the vehicle went through its model change I should know the quality isn't all there.

I live in Brampton, Ontario, Canada. Feel free to give me a price in canadian $'s for this vehicle.

Scuzzi,

I am not doubting your difficulty with your Focus...all I am saying is Toyota has problems too....do yourself a favor and dump that car and get something else...I would be doing that if I had the problems you are experiencing...and I wouldn't buy your car due to the problems you are having with it coupled by the fact that I can get the same car here and not have to travel to Ontario to come and get it.

From your other post:

""I bought a 2005 Focus. I've had a crap load of problems with it, both with the car and the dealership that sold it to me. I used to work at Ford and because of that I ended up buying my Focus. I'm not impressed at all with it or how the dealership was (with warranty problems etc). Because of this bad experience I'm not likely at all to even bother with taking it for a test drive. I agree with the original title of this post... that's it for me.

Problems:

1) electrical (warranty)

2) heating (warranty)

3) tires (warranty but told I had to buy new ones which cost quite a bit)

4) moulding (how it was made)

5) antenna snapped off

It just keeps adding up... no more for me""

So is it an 05 or an 06? You've posted two different model years... Just curious. You apparently have a 'lemon' and or a really bad dealership. By all means if your car is so terrible, get another. It doesn't change the fact that thousands and thousands of cars have absolutely no problems. My 08 is still ABSOLUTELY perfect at 20k miles. I have several aquaintances with well over 100k with NOTHING more than normal maintainance from virtually all model years. I am truly sorry you have a bad car and a bad dealership experience. Good luck with your Toyota.

Edited by YT90SC

• 1 month later...

Ripping on the '08 is so 2 years ago, get the F over it. Ford is spending 500 Mil to update Wayne Assy plant to make the next generation. To say "no more" is a bit much, just because of the chrome trim on the 2008, which is now gone.

To expect the 2000 New Edge look to never go away is also unrealistic. Move on!