Ok, I'm officially DONE!!! No More Focus For Me!!

apexpredator

I've been a die hard Ford fan since I was born. My father worked for Ford for 28 years I've owned a 2000 Focus and I currently own a 2004 focus with 50K on it. I actually like my car. My car has the 2.3L Duratec engine and while not as fast as some other cars that I've driven, it handles well and I don't mind that I get spanked by Hondas with regularity.

The new focus is a JOKE!! Fake chrome gills on the side, that hideous 3 bar chrome grill, and they dropped the Duratec? Is it just me or does someone over in Ford product research need to be beaten and sterilized? I can't be the only person who thinks this way though I know I'm often the most vocal.

Hey Ford it's time to go Euro Style. I know I know the C1 Platform Focus would cost 30 grand here. But hey, you don't have to go the opposit direction! The new focus is downright butt ugly!!! And why is it that Chevy, and Pontiac, and Saturn, and honda, and , and , and ad nausium can make a production performance car and we get stuck with the rental car special?

The SVT focus SOLD and even it was under powered!!!! Hell a 15K dollar base model VW Rabbit has as much horse power as an SVT Focus!!

Hey Ford, you need to come around REAL quick or you will have thousands and thousands of really pissed off customers.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I COULD NOT AGREE MORE!

Ford - Why did you do this to us Focus lovers and any potential Focus buyers?

What kind of (focus) groups did you take this design to? 3 year olds? Animals? Rocks?

This is one of the most vile design mistakes in recent history.

I am a Ford buyer for many, many years. My first car was a Ford. Currently have two in my driveway and my wife has a 2007 Focus SES that she loves and I do too. But after seeing the new Focus at the dealership she and I both looked at each other and said "that's the last Focus we will ever buy"! And Ford - you know we are not the exception - read the blogs and look at your sales trends. Your design and go ahead teams are killing your future. You have some Edsels in the recent line-ups and the new Focus brings it to a head. Stop this madness or you will be a very miner player in the auto industry future.

Yes Ford gave current Focus owners the finger. But be careful on these forums, there are some FORD firemen that will show up soon to hose you down for bitchin about the new thing that is wearing a Focus badge.

Edited by MKII

MKII.

I'm not sure what you are talking about. Do you care to elaborate?

The only firemen that Ford needs is one to hose down the flames on all the hate mail they are going to get from Focus Fanatics everywhere. I saw the vehicles at SEMA this year and while they did some cool aftermarket stuff it was like pouring perfume on a pig! That car is just FUGLY!!

I want the name of the guy who designed the body on this car so that we can black ball him! His family should shun him! He should be an outcast from society!

Obviously if I didn't love my Foci so much it wouldn't piss me off so much when they screw it up so terribly!

Don't complain untill you drive one as you will see the new Focus is far supieor to the previous model. Features , interior ,quietness ,ride and handling ,fuel effiency and so much more .Styling is way improved over last years. Some people just cannot accept change. Believe me this new Focus is no comparison to the old car.

Don't complain untill you drive one as you will see the new Focus is far supieor to the previous model. Features , interior ,quietness ,ride and handling ,fuel effiency and so much more .Styling is way improved over last years. Some people just cannot accept change. Believe me this new Focus is no comparison to the old car.

That was my question, did you guys actually drive one and check out the new features. I considered tradeing in my Fusion for one. Check it out before you pass judgement. I love my fusion but the Focus is built here and I like the ambient lighting and the SYNC system plus their reporting 35 MPG!

apexpredator Posted Yesterday, 02:24 PM

MKII.

I'm not sure what you are talking about. Do you care to elaborate?

smsfordman is one of those Ford firemen.

I've driven the 08 Coupe. My 04 Hatch back handles better and is quicker. Yes the new Focus is quieter, has the Synk, and has arguably better seats. However, you can wrap a bag of shit with a red bow and it still won't be a Christmas present.

You cannot distract people away from a bad design by adding toys to it! Hey smsfordman if you work for Ford you should be ashamed of yourself for sticking up for this piece of crap!

You have neutered the Focus! The new focus has more body roll, slower acceleration, and less responsive steering than the last generation. Why would you ass clowns put the 2.0 Duratec in instead of the 2.3? And answer me this, why can MAZDA the company that we OWN bring a C1 chassis vehicle to the US for a reasonable price when WE cannot? The Mazda 3 is a significantly better car than the Focus and is light years ahead in respect to styling.

Face it, there is a good portion of the Focus buying public that will just refuse to buy them now. If I was going to pay $16K for a car I would go to a VW Dealership and and get a Manual Transmission VW Rabbit. At least that will have 170 HP, Four wheel disk brakes, traction control, 6 Airbags, and a great handling!

Whoever designed the new Focus has either been Neutered or is an alternate lifestyler. In either case someone with some balls please kick the crap out of whoever it is that designed the new Focus and design the next one! Personally the new focus makes me want to take a crap on it's hood.

Nuetered - indeed, Bold - not at all.

It's as if they are NOT designing cars that will also appeal to MEN. That to me is what most the asian cars are - cars mostly for women. Ford is more and more forcing men to buy trucks and now with the Ranger on the way out and more competition than ever in trucks that seems to be giving up on more and more men and to me that sounds like a stupid plan indeed.

Welcome to last years' Auto Shows.

Seen it a billion times, fans scream when a car changes, then after a year 'I'm used to it'. Ask many Mustangers about the 1994 SN95, it was called 'sushi-stang'. Same with 2005, 'I hate retro', now the s197 is all over the Stang mags.

Point is that Ford has to sell to more than loud fanatics who hate change and refuse to spend more than 16K for a new car. And no way does the strippo Rabbit, with its gas hogging 5 cyl motor beat the Focus.

VW is already planning to 'Americanize' their cars, so looks like the Euro designs are highly overrated.

Oh, and the #1 reason Mazda can bring the C1? It is made in Japan with non union labor!

Oh, and why not ask people who actaully bought an 08? Seems like they like them, from other forums and posts.

Edited by 630land

I've driven both.

Oh, and the Rabbit kills the focus on all measures. It's better looking now, and yes, the 5 Cyl doesn't get as good of fuel economy as the 4 cyl that is in the Focus, but at least it has some nads! Oh, and how hard is it for for Ford to put rear disk brakes on a freakin car as standard equipment? Is it REALLY that much more expensive if they do it to ALL of them? I can't believe that!

Oh, and when the Rabbit gets the 2.0 Turbo Diesel and starts getting 45 miles per gallon and STILL has 140HP and gobs of torque, then what will you say? Eh?

The Rabbit still has better handeling, tons more power, better safety features (6 air bags STANDARD), more comfortable, and KILLS every Ford on the planet in resale value (yes you cannot even think about trying to fight me on that one).

Why is it that I owe twice as much for my 2004 Focus than what I can sell it for?

All I know is my daughter (25 yrs old) is VERY interested in the new Focus. Thinks it's "cute". Her 2003 Focus will be paid off in Feb 08 so she is already car shopping. Her friends want her to get one with SYNC so they can all play with it. Personally I like the new Focus too. Maybe not "cute" in my book, but a good looking little car. If I trade in my 2005 Focus ST I want a SES in blue and I would for sure have the chrome part of the fender vents painted body color (leaving the little black mesh-type stuff there). Throw some decent looking wheels on it and it'd be fine. Starting to see em out on the road around here. They kinda grow on ya in an odd way.

If I trade in my 2005 Focus ST I want a SES in blue and I would for sure have the chrome part of the fender vents painted body color (leaving the little black mesh-type stuff there). Throw some decent looking wheels on it and it'd be fine. Starting to see em out on the road around here. They kinda grow on ya in an odd way.

How's this

290485723.jpg

286481991.jpg

• 3 months later...
I've driven the 08 Coupe. My 04 Hatch back handles better and is quicker. Yes the new Focus is quieter, has the Synk, and has arguably better seats. However, you can wrap a bag of shit with a red bow and it still won't be a Christmas present.

You cannot distract people away from a bad design by adding toys to it! Hey smsfordman if you work for Ford you should be ashamed of yourself for sticking up for this piece of crap!

You have neutered the Focus! The new focus has more body roll, slower acceleration, and less responsive steering than the last generation. Why would you ass clowns put the 2.0 Duratec in instead of the 2.3? And answer me this, why can MAZDA the company that we OWN bring a C1 chassis vehicle to the US for a reasonable price when WE cannot? The Mazda 3 is a significantly better car than the Focus and is light years ahead in respect to styling.

Face it, there is a good portion of the Focus buying public that will just refuse to buy them now. If I was going to pay $16K for a car I would go to a VW Dealership and and get a Manual Transmission VW Rabbit. At least that will have 170 HP, Four wheel disk brakes, traction control, 6 Airbags, and a great handling!

Whoever designed the new Focus has either been Neutered or is an alternate lifestyler. In either case someone with some balls please kick the crap out of whoever it is that designed the new Focus and design the next one! Personally the new focus makes me want to take a crap on it's hood.

tomorrow sales reports come out and will show third stright months of healthy sales gains for the 08 focus. despite that its not the euro focus, ford would probably tell you they are happy with the sales figures considering the little investment they could put into it.

tomorrow sales reports come out and will show third stright months of healthy sales gains for the 08 focus. despite that its not the euro focus, ford would probably tell you they are happy with the sales figures considering the little investment they could put into it.

It is also funny that some troll on here made the assertion that Ford does not have even one car that out sells the Toyo Prius. Then I posted last months sales figures showing the Focus did out of the box, he then tried to change the subject. The Focus is a nicer car than the previous model, and the new toys are helping move them quickly!

It is also funny that some troll on here made the assertion that Ford does not have even one car that out sells the Toyo Prius. Then I posted last months sales figures showing the Focus did out of the box, he then tried to change the subject. The Focus is a nicer car than the previous model, and the new toys are helping move them quickly!

The wife and I love our new Focus. So much in fact that we went and ordered another for me to have as a daily driver. The gas mileage is so much better than my Mustang!