Toyota's latest TV adds!

8A4RE

I liked the commercials Ford used to run showing them carrying Chevys and Dodges up "cinder-block mountain"

I remember seeing those ads as a kid back in the 80's and thinking they were so cool.....it made me think the the guy who created the Bigfoot monster truck chose a Ford because they were the strongest trucks out there. Still seeing so many 70's & 80's Ford trucks on the road makes me believe I was right.

Ford had an F-150 ad where they crushed it themselves with bulldozers to show the strength of the frame. You know Mother Toyota would never to that!!!

They would rather crush an F-150 as well and say its weak because it couldn't stand the bulldozer's weight and abuse

Edited by JohnnyChingas

I better not see one of these stupid ads destroying a Mustang!

The GM's seem all seem to be Oldmobiles

I wonder why Ford never made commercials for their trucks using ad footage of the Tundra Catapult ad....all the worker's trucks in the background were Fords of different model years!

What would Toyota have to compare to a Mustang if they did destroy one? NOTHING!!

I believe there's an old GMC Sierra and an S-10 in some of the ads as well.

I'd love to see a Ford "behind the scenes of the Tundra catapult" ad. That'd be hilarious!

fellas.....the word you are looking for is "Ad", as in short for "Advertisement"

Most are using "Add" as in "additional".....

We now return to the Toyota "bash-a-thon" , I liked the commercials Ford used to run showing them carrying Chevys and Dodges up "cinder-block mountain", and hell, Ford had an F-150 ad where they crushed it themselves with bulldozers to show the strength of the frame. You know Mother Toyota would never to that!!!

I'd like to see a new version of these ads.

I remember seeing those ads as a kid back in the 80's and thinking they were so cool.....it made me think the the guy who created the Bigfoot monster truck chose a Ford because they were the strongest trucks out there. Still seeing so many 70's & 80's Ford trucks on the road makes me believe I was right.

They would rather crush an F-150 as well and say its weak because it couldn't stand the bulldozer's weight and abuse

That reminds me of the Titan frame ad with the train pulling it against a post with a chain. That ad doesn't show you anything because if your smart enough, you'd know that in that situation the truck's frame would only be as strong as the piece of chain they used.

Thats just funny. Maybe Farley will steal it and have people destroying imports because they want a new Ford. Then would you have a problem with it?

A "better" idea is as follows:

Mr. and Mrs. Toyota owner pull into the local Ford lot in their Toyota boring-mobile, the car is bland, and they look like they are starring in a 50's black and white TV program....while the world around them is colorful and vibrant...and they have tired, bored looks on their faces and their life appears to be as boring as the car they drove up in...as they look at the new lineup of Fords, they begin to smile and as the ad closes, they are as vibrant and colorful as the world around them while they drive off in their new Ford.

We didn't destroy any cars, didn't give people the notion that it ok to defraud your insurance company, the only thing accomplished was bringing some color back into a couple that had a boring life in their import company boring-mobile.

I actually really like that idea. Maybe you should go work for the Ford marketing department?

If I could get an application, I would apply in a second....but I would be happy if Ford marketing just took my idea and ran with it, I don't want a dime.....well....how 'bout putting a leather interior upgrade in my Fusion.

I was at a party with about 8 people and this commercial came on and a few laughed that Toyota would show them wrecking their Toyotas instead of trading them in. I was astonished that they thought that and argued that that wasn't the case, that they were all domestics with the badges taken off. Toyota was implying get rid of your big 3 POS and buy our nice Toyotas. They disagreed with me and said Toyota would not do that and it was 8 against me. 10 minutes later it aired another one, the guy dropping the steel beam on the old GMC pick-up. I told them to pay attention and they all agreed it wasn't a Toyota. About an hour later the one with the rock on the Explorer came on and they started getting pissed that Toymota would be that way. So I won the argument but then got wondering, how does mainstream America with little Auto savy view these ads? You gotta wonder.

I was at a party with about 8 people and this commercial came on and a few laughed that Toyota would show them wrecking their Toyotas instead of trading them in. I was astonished that they thought that and argued that that wasn't the case, that they were all domestics with the badges taken off. Toyota was implying get rid of your big 3 POS and buy our nice Toyotas. They disagreed with me and said Toyota would not do that and it was 8 against me. 10 minutes later it aired another one, the guy dropping the steel beam on the old GMC pick-up. I told them to pay attention and they all agreed it wasn't a Toyota. About an hour later the one with the rock on the Explorer came on and they started getting pissed that Toymota would be that way. So I won the argument but then got wondering, how does mainstream America with little Auto savy view these ads? You gotta wonder.

Most people probably don't even notice, like the people at your party. They probably wouldn't recognize that they're American vehicles like your friends didn't.

I don't know if any of you remember a Ford ad back in the 70's with Bill Cosby? Well, he was atanding in a freshly made body and explained why they were going to tear it apart with an air chisel. To check the seams and welds and the strength of the steel. I could just see them do that same ad today. First, let's use this air chisel on this F-150. Now let's use this can opener on this Tundra.

I don't know if any of you remember a Ford ad back in the 70's with Bill Cosby? Well, he was atanding in a freshly made body and explained why they were going to tear it apart with an air chisel. To check the seams and welds and the strength of the steel. I could just see them do that same ad today. First, let's use this air chisel on this F-150. Now let's use this can opener on this Tundra.

Sorry, I wasn't alive then, LOL.

That would be a funny ad though.

I know this little movie clip doesn't go that far back to the 1970's (1982: Bill Cosby Himself) but I thought I'd post it because the look on his face is hilarious!

th_BillCosby.gif

fellas.....the word you are looking for is "Ad", as in short for "Advertisement"

Most are using "Add" as in "additional".....

We now return to the Toyota "bash-a-thon" , I liked the commercials Ford used to run showing them carrying Chevys and Dodges up "cinder-block mountain", and hell, Ford had an F-150 ad where they crushed it themselves with bulldozers to show the strength of the frame. You know Mother Toyota would never to that!!!

Actually, Ford has a new version of this commercial here in Chicago. They flash back to an 80's F-150 running up hill with a full size Chevy sitting sideways on the bed. That commercial gave me chills back then, the new one is just as good.

Edited by 8A4RE

Actually, Ford has a new version of this commercial here in Chicago. They flash back to an 80's F-150 running up hill with a full size Chevy sitting sideways on the bed. That commercial gave me chills back then, the new one is just as good.

Do you know if it's on youtube?

Quote from this article:

"Every scene that's described in the (Toyota) ads is a crime," Johnston said.

So the message is Toyota Motor Co. supports criminal acts by producing multiple national commercials showing their customers committing these crimes.

Toyota is loosing it.

Quote from this article:

So the message is Toyota Motor Co. supports criminal acts by producing multiple national commercials showing their customers committing these crimes.

Toyota is loosing it.

Either they're losing it or they're brainwashing everybody.

There is actually subliminal messages in each Toyota ad. The most common message is 'All hail Toyota!!'

:drool::drool::drool::drool: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

That's playing here in Cleveland too, it's a good commercial.

I would just do an ad like I see on the road in real life so many times. Two people in American cars on the side of the road after a fender bender talking on cell phones and a lady trapped in a civic waiting for the fire department to cut her out reading 'and grandma though she was going to keep her legs her whole life, buy a Ford'. Or one with all the hopped up civic crashes with the commercial reading 'if you don't want your teenagers to die a horribly painful death, buy a Ford' You know, something like that...

Or maybe just show a 'five star' fit hitting an F150 in an offset crash with obvious obliteration of the honda, saying 'five-stars is a false sense of security with some automakers-buy a Ford'...

Or just have someone pull an ATV up a ramp on a Tundra and let it crush down backwards, and the group of guys standing around go 'what a piece of shi-' like the VW ads. for something a little less intense... :) Even just showing the truck breaking in a whole bunch of stress tests, but put the duct tape on the emblem and paint them all Mary Kay pink, and hire the 'Mac' guy to drive them.

Even GM has the balls to make fun of itself, in the new Malibu ads with the 'invisible car' they were using their own last-gen cars.

The bank robbery scene the bad guys were in a Olds Cutlass (same as the Malibu).