RWD Confirmed for Ford and Lincoln

That's very true, I believe that's the case as well in different cities, abeit for different reasons.

I have an uncle who commute 150 miles round trip per day because he chooses NOT to live in a ghetto, and he demands a fullsize B-O-F RWD sedan to do it in. And if you live inside of Beltway 8 in Houston, you pretty much are in the ghetto...now even in some areas outside of the Beltway.

agreed 100%

The larger the city, the further from the core you need to live to be able to raise your kids in relative safety.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I spent 8 years driving 150k/yr working every part of California. went through three new powerstroke F-series, trading them in at 300k, and them still looking new despite being used as a work truck every day. hundreds of thousands of folks live as far away as Reno and work in the SF bay area each day. the Amtrak Capitols are packed since their introduction, I-80 between the bay bridge and Sacramento is a 100-mile slow-moving parking lot each weekday morning/evening, and getting worse. look south, you can easily find people driving 200 miles a day into and out of the southland. even here in the Ozarks there are folks driving to KC and St Louis several times a week.

where you live has a bit of traffic as well. a lot of people drive a hell of a lot every day,

as for my town car getting 25 in town? the DOT mileage figures aren't the end all, driving styles differ, terrain differs, driving needs differ. on trips the town car can get better than 30. I am not alone, lots of people report similar mileage, dual exhaust, a free flowing intake and stiffer tires cant hurt. I get less mileage from the Marauder, but I drive it faster, and the 3.55 gears affect it somewhat. 21/25 generally on summer fuel, about 1 mpg less in winter.

when I was driving a Taurus, it didn't get better mileage in similar conditions. for perhaps 1 mpg, I'll enjoy the ride in the TC.

I'm doing my tax prep right now, the TC logged 23,778 miles in 2007, and as best I can determine if I have all the receipts, it burned 828 gallons of 91 octane fuel. thats an average of 28.71 MPG combined city/hwy. typical commute is a little more HWY than city usually 90 miles a day. (45 each way, I live in the sticks) I'm sure the EPA does not test with 91 octane, but almost any OBDII vehicle with a working Knock sensor is capable of getting better mileage on better gas. even my 1 ton gas trucks get better mileage on premium.

just because you live one way does not mean everybody else is an idiot for not doing it your way.