2009 Dodge Ram

wescoent

"it may do away with the necessity for some to buy a tool box behind the cab."

I doubt that. And bed boxes down the sides of the beds are not in great demand. IMHO, they have spent a great amount of time to develope something to differentiate their product that has no marketplace demand. The added toolboxes can be removed. The Rambox cannot. It's a permanent handicap, and once the consumers of this truck toy come to that realization it will be discontinued.

Not with the way people use trucks today (Minivans and Family Sedans).

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Rambox I think is intended to be utility-minded, but not at the expense of compromised bed space. I don't think you're going to find a lot of service companies using the Ram box as a substitute for a heavy-duty tool box. However, I think it can represent more than just a football or basketball storage. Trucks have a wide range of usage. I have a Ram Sport. I don't like dents and scratches (although I have a couple here and there) but I do use it for work as well as for family/recreation. Half-ton trucks are like that.

I think a lot of folks have a misunderstanding about how trucks are used. If you saw me tomorrow driving my truck, you might assume that it was just used for a family/personal vehicle. For tomorrow, you might would be right. However, the next day, I might be hauling work materials 200 miles away that would be cumbersome in a car trunk. Trucks can be flexible use. They still aren't any better on gas mileage, but more justifiable because they now offer both car-like comfort with traditional truck-like capability.

Now as for the Rambox, I wouldn't be too comfortable with the idea of storing anything of value in there much, unless it was as durable and secure as a car trunk. If it was, then its definitely functional, because obviously trucks don't have trunks.

Yes but the difference is, the F150 is a refresh, the Freestar was supposed to be a "new" vehicle. Joe public took one look and said, no, that's just a refresh! Now if the had kept the Windstar name, I don't think it would have done any worse but, they would have saved a shitload of money it costed them to change the name.

Sorry, but I don't see the difference. Ford is NOT calling the '09 F150, "refreshed", or "restyled". They are calling it the "all new" 2009 F150, something it clearly is NOT. They called the Freestar "all new", something it, clearly, was NOT.

Again, the "all new" Freestar, that looked like a Windstar, flopped, so why would the "all new" F150, that looks like a 2004 with an upside down Super Duty fascia and JC Whitney shiny bits, do any better?

Sorry, but I don't see the difference. Ford is NOT calling the '09 F150, "refreshed", or "restyled". They are calling it the "all new" 2009 F150, something it clearly is NOT. They called the Freestar "all new", something it, clearly, was NOT.

Again, the "all new" Freestar, that looked like a Windstar, flopped, so why would the "all new" F150, that looks like a 2004 with an upside down Super Duty fascia and JC Whitney shiny bits, do any better?

Well, it is all new: every body panel has been changed, the engines have received updates (and will be followed by new engines), the frame has been upgraded and is all new, the interior is all new. How could this truck not be considered all new. While it may look similar to it's current bretheren, it is truly different, in every, way shape, form, etc.

It's all new!!! :rant:

Looks a lot like the last one. :mellow:

It's not, every body panel is new!!!! It has an all new engine!!! It's all new!!!! :rant::rant:

Hmm. Sure looks a lot like the last one.

DA***T IT'S NOTHING LIKE THE LAST ONE!!!!! IT . . IS . . ALL. . NEW!!!!

You'd think they'd make it look a little more different than the last one though.

choke.jpg

Edited by BlackHorse

It's all new!!! :rant:

Looks a lot like the last one. :mellow:

It's not, every body panel is new!!!! It has an all new engine!!! It's all new!!!! :rant::rant:

Hmm. Sure looks a lot like the last one.

DA***T IT'S NOTHING LIKE THE LAST ONE!!!!! IT . . IS . . ALL. . NEW!!!!

You'd think they'd make it look a little more different than the last one though.

choke.jpg

lol....the last couple of weeks you really haven't had much constructive material to add....

your posts just sort of waste space.

lol....the last couple of weeks you really haven't had much constructive material to add....

your posts just sort of waste space.

There is nothing "constructive" about this entire forum. Not from you or anyone else around here.

It is all either :cheerleader: or :rant: for the most part.

It's a car forum. It doesn't accomplish anything. It's just a place where car guys talk about cars. Nothing more. It lends nothing constructive to anything.

PS, Its obvious you're just mad because I joked on your sacred cow, the F150. Who cares, get a life.

Edited by BlackHorse

Well, it is all new: every body panel has been changed, the engines have received updates (and will be followed by new engines), the frame has been upgraded and is all new, the interior is all new. How could this truck not be considered all new. While it may look similar to it's current bretheren, it is truly different, in every, way shape, form, etc.

Have you seen it, up close? Have you driven it? I have...and it looks far too much like the current model to be called "all new".

Those same arguments were made for the Freestar..it's all new, every part was changed, etc. Still, it looked like the vehicle it replaced.

If you want to see just HOW similar the '09 is to the '04..look at a lower optioned truck, not the chrome festooned "platinum" edition..it looks like the same truck, with the Super Duty style front fascia and a different tailgate.

If you want to see just HOW similar the '09 is to the '04..look at a lower optioned truck, not the chrome festooned "platinum" edition..it looks like the same truck, with the Super Duty style front fascia and a different tailgate.

And how many people buy the low option XL work truck? I agree, the F150 does look similar to the old one, but not the same. The truth is though, the Ram looks very much like the last model as well. People will buy the truck. There have been many useful changes made.

And how many people buy the low option XL work truck? I agree, the F150 does look similar to the old one, but not the same. The truth is though, the Ram looks very much like the last model as well. People will buy the truck. There have been many useful changes made.

I wasn't referring to bottom of the line work trucks...more middle level XLT, like most people buy. The trucks without all the shiny side cladding.

There is nothing "constructive" about this entire forum. Not from you or anyone else around here.

It is all either :cheerleader: or :rant: for the most part.

It's a car forum. It doesn't accomplish anything. It's just a place where car guys talk about cars. Nothing more. It lends nothing constructive to anything.

PS, Its obvious you're just mad because I joked on your sacred cow, the F150. Who cares, get a life.

im not mad....if you did it the other way around i still would have said your a monkeys ass for doing something like that, oh and yeah maybe you should look at the threads when there is information about a vehicle posted instead of your shit that you always post....your becoming more like P71 everyday...like he just made another damn stupid post but i guess ill stay out of that one...

look you can make up excuses as to why i said that but in reality that post was just a waste of your time and a waste of our time to read

the fact of the matter is this thread is about the Ram not the fucking F-150....thats why it wasn't constructive at all

yes the new Ram looks better than the F-150, now that being said, i want to know more about the new suspension that the Ram has not how the Ram is going to bcome the best pickup ever cause the F-150 looks like crap, grow up

Edited by Ford-150

im not mad....if you did it the other way around i still would have said your a monkeys ass for doing something like that, oh and yeah maybe you should look at the threads when there is information about a vehicle posted instead of your shit that you always post....your becoming more like P71 everyday...like he just made another damn stupid post but i guess ill stay out of that one...

look you can make up excuses as to why i said that but in reality that post was just a waste of your time and a waste of our time to read

the fact of the matter is this thread is about the Ram not the fucking F-150....thats why it wasn't constructive at all

yes the new Ram looks better than the F-150, now that being said, i want to know more about the new suspension that the Ram has not how the Ram is going to bcome the best pickup ever cause the F-150 looks like crap, grow up

If it bothers you that much, feel free to use your ignore option and spare the fucking high horse routine.

If it bothers you that much, feel free to use your ignore option and spare the fucking high horse routine.

hmm....that can apply to you to, but wait you like doing this....it brings some excitement to your life

hmm i guess i kinda do too...

Edited by Ford-150

I wasn't referring to bottom of the line work trucks...more middle level XLT, like most people buy. The trucks without all the shiny side cladding.

It will look different enough for most people. The Change in the early 90s was enough and this will be as well. Truck buyers care about ability as well as look, and in the eyes of many, the F150 has both.

The one before, the current, and the newly introduced, KICKS ALL THE OTHER TRUCKS ASSES!!!!!!!!!!!!! Here's FORD, doing what they do, to the other trucks :finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::hysterical::hysterical:

BOSSED

:hysterical:

They will soon be able to BOSS people around too!! :hysterical::hysterical:

Sorry, your login name made me think of it. Welcome to BOF!

Edited by rmc523

:hysterical:

They will soon be able to BOSS people around too!! :hysterical::hysterical:

Sorry, your login name made me think of it. Welcome to BOF!

Hey rmc523, thanks for the welcome. It's driving me crazy waiting for FORD to release the BOSS to public! If its as good as some are reporting, it's gonna be AWESOME!!!! :happy feet: :happy feet:

Ford is a little late to the game with a Hemi fighter. Here Chrysler is saying that the Hemi's days are numbered and Ford still hasn't got their engine out on the market yet. I will say this though...a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. Even if the Boss is as great as they say, its not here yet. If I were buying a half-ton next year, I'd likely go Ram Hemi again.

Ford is a little late to the game with a Hemi fighter. Here Chrysler is saying that the Hemi's days are numbered and Ford still hasn't got their engine out on the market yet. I will say this though...a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. Even if the Boss is as great as they say, its not here yet. If I were buying a half-ton next year, I'd likely go Ram Hemi again.

It'd be cool if they had a way to have the BOSS be the most fuel efficient V8 in a truck.