2009 Dodge Ram

wescoent

Heck no and the exhaust system never rots out from under it either. Why you could drive an F150 5 gazillion miles without doing a dimes worth of maintenance. The F150 5.4 V8 gets 75 mpg around town, . . full throttle. At Ford we don't offer dual exhaust and cool chrome extensions because were all better than that. We like boring,. . . ITS COOL!!! LOL Why I know a guy who once drove an F150 into a burning 3 alarm fire so he could save a baby alligator. Can you believe it didn't even blow a tire. Not even a scratch. My F150 handles like a sports car and gets all the hottest chicks. It's an 83 regular cab with an inline 6 and a faded blue paint job. Pure sex baby. Of course it never leaves the yard because blocks don't roll.

Note that this is how ridiculous you Ford guys sound in your desparate attempt to pin some kind of negative vibe on a Dodge truck that hasn't even hit the lots yet. Are you boys nervous or something?

actually, and i did not say anything about the Rambox rattling, i actually find it pretty cool besides it looks like crap on the side of your bed, i am not nervous at all about the new Ram, i actually think it will do better than what is out now but i am not nervous

you on the other hand, i think im a little nervous about being on the same forum as you

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That Ram is a sharp looking truck....the F150 refresh looks cobbled together, tacked on new front fascia on the '04 body.

Glad I have enough seniority to hang on after DTP loses a shift.

Before anyone flames me....remember how people said the Freestar was all new, pointed out all the individual changes, yet the thing looked like a Windstar? What happened to it?

The F150 looks like a facelifted '04.

That Ram is a sharp looking truck....the F150 refresh looks cobbled together, tacked on new front fascia on the '04 body.

Glad I have enough seniority to hang on after DTP loses a shift.

Before anyone flames me....remember how people said the Freestar was all new, pointed out all the individual changes, yet the thing looked like a Windstar? What happened to it?

That is your opinion....in my opinion, they BOTH look like a re-fresh job. I am curious of the coil spring suspension in the rear of the Dodge though, will the Heavy Duty versions of the Ram continue with leaf springs? I Don't care for the looks of the Dodge....but then again I don't get on a Dodge web blog and post disparaging remarks about it to see what kind of replies I will get...I already know what I would get.

That is your opinion....in my opinion, they BOTH look like a re-fresh job. I am curious of the coil spring suspension in the rear of the Dodge though, will the Heavy Duty versions of the Ram continue with leaf springs? I Don't care for the looks of the Dodge....but then again I don't get on a Dodge web blog and post disparaging remarks about it to see what kind of replies I will get...I already know what I would get.

common sense.....thank you

your opinion i will respect, the new F-150 is a refresh, but so is the new Ram

Edited by Ford-150

Heck no and the exhaust system never rots out from under it either. Why you could drive an F150 5 gazillion miles without doing a dimes worth of maintenance. The F150 5.4 V8 gets 75 mpg around town, . . full throttle. At Ford we don't offer dual exhaust and cool chrome extensions because were all better than that. We like boring,. . . ITS COOL!!! LOL Why I know a guy who once drove an F150 into a burning 3 alarm fire so he could save a baby alligator. Can you believe it didn't even blow a tire. Not even a scratch. My F150 handles like a sports car and gets all the hottest chicks. It's an 83 regular cab with an inline 6 and a faded blue paint job. Pure sex baby. Of course it never leaves the yard because blocks don't roll.

Note that this is how ridiculous you Ford guys sound in your desparate attempt to pin some kind of negative vibe on a Dodge truck that hasn't even hit the lots yet. Are you boys nervous or something?

The Dodge Ram is just another refresh like the F-150. Just be honest..you like the Ram refresh better than the F-150 refresh which is all opinion.

The Dodge Ram is just another refresh like the F-150. Just be honest..you like the Ram refresh better than the F-150 refresh which is all opinion.

Uh, I already said that a few times in this thread. Be it a refresh or all new or whatever. I couldn't care less about the semantics. The new look of the Dodge looks better to me than the new look of the F150. I've stated that now again for like the 4th or 5th time.

Uh, ok, whatever man. I'm sorry to disappoint you but I'm not a homophobic. Gay, straight, I don't care what a persons preference is.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled program. LOL Heck it's obvious man, the Dodge looks better. You can't win them all. Nothing against the F150 and all, it's a truely great truck. But from purely a "which one looks better" standpoint, the Dodge wins hands down in my book. Given that anything I would need a truck for both the Dodge and the F150 would be more than adequate I'd have to probably at this point go with the Dodge. And hey, I"ve always been an F150 man. But that new Dodge just flat out looks better, I love the storage boxes on the bed side and the interior is pretty nice. I'd have to go with that.

I believe that those storage boxes on the bed walls impede on bed space, but I'm basing that thought on pictures, so I could be wrong.

I believe that those storage boxes on the bed walls impede on bed space, but I'm basing that thought on pictures, so I could be wrong.

You really have to give those storage boxes some thought. Will your fenders rattle when you store stuff in them. Would it be easy for thief with screw driver to pry them up and get at your tools and other valuables? And in 0 degree temps like today would those locks freeze and be a pain to open like door locks before remote, or do they work off remote. Lots of questions to make sure it's not just a novelty. And how good a quality do they have. I imagine they are made out of plastic like bumper and not metal like fender. Will they creak like a plastic Corvette when you hit bumps? In other words, test drive it with stuff in it and live with it for awhile before buying. See how it works out.

As for Hemi, with $4.00 gas coming this summer, Chrysler does not advertise Hemi name much anymore, don't sell many of them anymore, and don't make many anymore. I doubt if Hemi engine will make up any more than 10% of Ram production. It's going to cost $80+ to fill that tank and probably way over $100 with reserve tank and most will go for smaller V8, especially commercial. I don't see many of the 345hp Hemi Rams on roads around here. Most have tamer V8.

Conversely, the 5.4 V8 Triton is a very popular engine on the F-150. It's the engine of choice.

You really have to give those storage boxes some thought. Will your fenders rattle when you store stuff in them. Would it be easy for thief with screw driver to pry them up and get at your tools and other valuables? And in 0 degree temps like today would those locks freeze and be a pain to open like door locks before remote, or do they work off remote. Lots of questions to make sure it's not just a novelty. And how good a quality do they have. I imagine they are made out of plastic like bumper and not metal like fender. Will they creak like a plastic Corvette when you hit bumps? In other words, test drive it with stuff in it and live with it for awhile before buying. See how it works out.

They will work a hell of a lot better than having to use a staircase to access the crap in the bed. Much easier to store things in the bed sides.

Great work Dodge!

They will work a hell of a lot better than having to use a staircase to access the crap in the bed. Much easier to store things in the bed sides.

Great work Dodge!

Dang, then why buy a pickup if a pickup bed is a pain for you. Maybe you forgot new F-150 has forty storage areas inside warm cab. Everything else you throw in truck bed. I thought that's what truck bed was for. And does Dodge Ram have step up step and step up ladder or do you have to jump up and down and break your ankle instead?

Yes but the difference is, the F150 is a refresh, the Freestar was supposed to be a "new" vehicle. Joe public took one look and said, no, that's just a refresh! Now if the had kept the Windstar name, I don't think it would have done any worse but, they would have saved a shitload of money it costed them to change the name.

Yes but the difference is, the F150 is a refresh, the Freestar was supposed to be a "new" vehicle. Joe public took one look and said, no, that's just a refresh! Now if the had kept the Windstar name, I don't think it would have done any worse but, they would have saved a shitload of money it costed them to change the name.

And then they tried to further confuse people a year later with the Freestyle.

I would imagine that the most important thing for the "plywood test" is that it fits between the wheel wells and I suspect it does. Probably where there is intrusion is inside up near the bed walls. Its probably similar in how a flairside (stepside) truck has a considerably narrow box, but still retains the same width from wheel well to wheel well. Of course, a tool box is going to do the same thing.

The Rambox is a good idea I think. It won't be for everyone, but some will definitely appreciate it. Plus, depending on the amount of storage capacity on both sides, it may do away with the necessity for some to buy a tool box behind the cab.

I would imagine that the most important thing for the "plywood test" is that it fits between the wheel wells and I suspect it does. Probably where there is intrusion is inside up near the bed walls. Its probably similar in how a flairside (stepside) truck has a considerably narrow box, but still retains the same width from wheel well to wheel well. Of course, a tool box is going to do the same thing.

The Rambox is a good idea I think. It won't be for everyone, but some will definitely appreciate it. Plus, depending on the amount of storage capacity on both sides, it may do away with the necessity for some to buy a tool box behind the cab.

That's where it appeared to take away from bed space (around the wheel wells), not the rest of the bed.

You guys as you get all misty eyed over this Rambox forget Ford offers very sophisticated cargo management system if you are into that kind of stuff. Add in anti sway technology for pulling trailer and guide adjustment for liming up ball and hitch and you have a very user friendly package. I really think Ford has all the bases covered on capability and can't think where they aren't.

And don't forget Rambox is only offered on one model, the crew cab, and nothing else. So if you don't want or need a Crew cab, you are out of luck on Rambox. On the other hand, you can get the cargo management system on the F-150 on about any model. I was looking through F-150 catalogue recently, and that cargo system was shown on super cab and crew cab. Very integrated, thorough system for guy who carries lots of tools and extra secure locks on them.