Toyota, we have a problem............

Ford??-LOL!

Ok, Toyota, we have a problem!! A big one!! WTF is this crap below???

post-29236-1200203721_thumb.jpg

Here is how it should be done!

post-29236-1200203699_thumb.jpg

or maybe this one

post-29236-1200203602_thumb.jpg

Its back to the drawing board in Tokyo!! 2009 Tundra MUST be updated to match these twin threats! God help Toyota if these 2 launch out the gate without any quality issues!! The good news for Toyota is that these 2 trucks will launch later in the year. Tundra sales will keep on climbing until then. The bad news is that once these two trucks hit that market and assuming there are no quality issues, its a wrap for the Tundra! The 2009 Tundra must have at least a redesigned interior!!

And thats not even the nice F150 interior...by the way, this is a Ford site, you should maybe write memos to Toyota elsewhere.

That is the Platinum model, btw, so yes it is the nice one, except it doesn't have a nav system.

I don't think that's the nice Tundra interior either (not that it makes a difference) :hysterical: The only difference I can think of is the floor shifter.

Stupid me, should have been more clear. I meant the nav. It makes things look that much better.

I agree. The new nav system (w/ an 8" screen) also gets rid of some of the buttons as well. It cleans things up. I haven't seen a "close up" of the nav model though, I'm going based on a 'distance' picture.

I agree. The new nav system (w/ an 8" screen) also gets rid of some of the buttons as well. It cleans things up. I haven't seen a "close up" of the nav model though, I'm going based on a 'distance' picture.

Watch thee jalopnik video...its at one of the newer links. The go through the nav.

Got it. yeah it is the next gen.

I figured it was with all the things it did in the video demo. I'm getting tired, so I think I'll go soon. Tata (JLR haha!) for now.

I'd say 143 posts and knocking a few people down the post chain is good enough for one day, wouldn't you?

Edited by rmc523

Ok, Toyota, we have a problem!! A big one!! WTF is this crap below???

post-29236-1200203721_thumb.jpg

Here is how it should be done!

post-29236-1200203699_thumb.jpg

or maybe this one

post-29236-1200203602_thumb.jpg

Its back to the drawing board in Tokyo!! 2009 Tundra MUST be updated to match these twin threats! God help Toyota if these 2 launch out the gate without any quality issues!! The good news for Toyota is that these 2 trucks will launch later in the year. Tundra sales will keep on climbing until then. The bad news is that once these two trucks hit that market and assuming there are no quality issues, its a wrap for the Tundra! The 2009 Tundra must have at least a redesigned interior!!

Shouldn't you be posting this on a TOYOTA FAN SITE? Most of us here agree that the Tundra is a terrible product.

i agree fully toyota truck interior looks like a design job from 15 years ago....dodge and ford have finally figured it out...its not what you think we want it is what WE want (detroit arrogance)...these new trucks are so vastly superior to the toyota it is not even funny...any body who thinks toyota is as of today a superior vehicle is just a moron...ive waited years for ford,dodge and chevy to finally wake up and quit pushing crap down our throats we did not want...finally detroit gets it.......

i agree fully toyota truck interior looks like a design job from 15 years ago....dodge and ford have finally figured it out...its not what you think we want it is what WE want (detroit arrogance)...these new trucks are so vastly superior to the toyota it is not even funny...any body who thinks toyota is as of today a superior vehicle is just a moron...ive waited years for ford,dodge and chevy to finally wake up and quit pushing crap down our throats we did not want...finally detroit gets it.......

Maybe now the days of "Build it and they will buy it" are over.

The forthcoming F-150 looks asstastic...with enough buttons on the dash to pilot the space shuttle. Of course, fugly doesn't mean that does not mean Ford won't still sell a cazillion of them a year.

Now the new Ram looks great inside and out, and is the real contender that will keep the Blundra out of the top three. :shades:

I have a freind who had a "nav" system in his car...the sreen was waaay to bright when night driving.