2008 Lincoln MKT Concept

I can't believe that Lincoln took the Flex to this, it looks so different. I really like it even tho its just a concept. Heres the link: http://jalopnik.com/344333/detroit-auto-sh...oln-mkt-concept

http://www.leftlanenews.com/lincoln-mkt.html

Theres more pictures for you to enjoy.

The front looks good. The interior --it's a concept, so it doesn't matter. The back, from the back view looks ok, however in a side profile, I dont like the rear end, the way it slopes down as it does, it should be more straight up and down, IMO. A mixture between Flex and this would be good, I'm thinking.

Edited by rmc523

What price range will this be in?

I can't remember exactly, it was probably here that I saw estimated prices, but the number $60,000 for loaded models is what I'm remembering, not sure about lower models. Don't quote me on that number though, because that's just a guess really.

Being that a fully loaded Navigator barely tips 60000.00 it will be more than likely be in between the MKX and Navigator price range. Think 43-52000.00ish, also remember it is a Lincoln version of the Flex. Probably about 6000 or so more than a fully loaded Flex.

Your numbers are probably closer to what the price will actually be than mine.

If the MKT goes into production, would that mean the MKR won't?

The MKT IS going into production - that was confirmed months ago. It may not look exactly like the concept but it will be close. The MKR won't arrive until the new global RWD platform gets here - at least 2 years.

Wow, thats along time. They need to get that MKR out now.

Got any spare RWD V8 sedan capable platforms lying around they can use? DEW98 was too expensive and couldn't use the modular V8s. They built the mustang platform as a one-off that couldn't be adapted to sedans. And nobody thought to work with the Aussies to share platforms before Mulally got here.

There's only so much you can do with limited money and resources. Patience.

Got any spare RWD V8 sedan capable platforms lying around they can use? DEW98 was too expensive and couldn't use the modular V8s. They built the mustang platform as a one-off that couldn't be adapted to sedans. And nobody thought to work with the Aussies to share platforms before Mulally got here.

There's only so much you can do with limited money and resources. Patience.

They do....and the best selling Lincoln ever is sitting on it currently....I can't say any names though.... :shades:

\

New MPG requirements may require new engines in the current Ford lineup.

I'm not convince that Ford will be able to survive with so many large SUV/CUV, sedans/wagons, and trucks. :reading:

New, more fuel efficient engines (EcoBoost and regular --see Escape's new engine, etc.) are already coming and paid for. Now it's just a matter of time before they spread out across the lineup.

• 1 month later...