I am setting on the fence on whether to purchas a 2008 GM. I am just waiting to see if Ford will offer a larger rebate greater then $5,500 on the GM. Since this is a buyer market Does anyone think they will up the rebate?? :shades:

i think Ford plans on to keep producing the GM untill summer of 2009 or 2010. I would think they would offer good rebates then but i think $5500 is a darn good deal, plus 60,000 mile powertrain warrenty.

i think Ford plans on to keep producing the GM untill summer of 2009 or 2010. I would think they would offer good rebates then but i think $5500 is a darn good deal, plus 60,000 mile powertrain warrenty.

2012. Much longer than 2009 or 2010. And that's just what they've told us so far. Half of Mercury car sales are GM's. Don't expect it to go away until Mercury itself does.

2012. Much longer than 2009 or 2010. And that's just what they've told us so far. Half of Mercury car sales are GM's. Don't expect it to go away until Mercury itself does.

As Lincoln becomes the volume brand, Mercury will become much less important. It probably won't go until you say. Did they tell you that all three models will stay?

I am setting on the fence on whether to purchas a 2008 GM. I am just waiting to see if Ford will offer a larger rebate greater then $5,500 on the GM. Since this is a buyer market Does anyone think they will up the rebate?? :shades:

The Mercury website recently increased the listed rebate amount $6,500. I think the rebate amount got up to $7,000 last year, but by then the pickins' were pretty slim at the dealerships. I would say that now is a good time to buy.

The Mercury website recently increased the listed rebate amount $6,500. I think the rebate amount got up to $7,000 last year, but by then the pickins' were pretty slim at the dealerships. I would say that now is a good time to buy.

Good point there. Don't wait until STAP reaches MY production end. Your choice will be exactly whats on the lot.

But certainly if their reaching $6500... sheesh that puts a fully loaded GM in the all options for free category.

Be happy your not up in Canada. There they really get ripped but good on prices.

I don't snicker at what you say. I do snicker at what you drive. :hysterical:

I told him that months ago, even asked him to order a Panther and would follow it thru for him...was declined cause they were too expensive and better deal if you buy used...and he still doesn't have one.

The Panther (I was there when it first rolled out the door in '78) is still the best full size, RWD car on the road. !

It needs some better shocks so that it doesn't feel like your living room couch riding down the road, but still an incredible car. Put some aftermarket Air Lift assist springs on it and you can haul a lot of bags of cement in that huge trunk !

I told him that months ago, even asked him to order a Panther and would follow it thru for him...was declined cause they were too expensive and better deal if you buy used...and he still doesn't have one.

I have no idea who or what you are talking about, but it definitely was not me. :blink:

Edited by Armada Master