Something the new F150 needs

ray101988

I just got done reading an article about how GM and Chrysler are coming out with hybrids for their trucks. Does anyone know if Ford has ANY plans at all for some sort of hybrid or any other way other than the Ecoboost engines to increase fuel economy?

Considering the way the Silverado hybrid has sold, I dont think its necessary.

I just got done reading an article about how GM and Chrysler are coming out with hybrids for their trucks. Does anyone know if Ford has ANY plans at all for some sort of hybrid or any other way other than the Ecoboost engines to increase fuel economy?

they would be, and obviously they know because they are pursuing the route, FAR better off with a small diesel.....practically the same mileage.... and GM's "hybrid" is a joke......they are just hoping people will fall for the trendy "hybrid" nomenclature......all about reality or perception

Ford did some development for a large hybrid, but most of the tech was shelved. That system used a charged nitrogen tank to provide thrust assistance to 35mphs and recharged slowly at highway speeds and faster when braking. The system weighed about 400 lbs.

For now Ford intends to use the 4.4ltr Diesel to gain economy in their large trucks. ETA 2013

Look for displacement on demand to be added around 2015. The hurricane engine series was designed with direct injection and displacement on demand in mind.

The 07 F150 MPG is 13/15-17/19 5.4 V8 (new/old figures)

The 07 Silverado Hybrid is 16/18-19/21

The difference is about 3mpg city, 2 mpg hwy

I couldn't find a 08 Silverado hybrid....only Tahoe.

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/hybrid_sbs.shtml

The 07 F150 MPG is 13/15-17/19 5.4 V8 (new/old figures)

The 07 Silverado Hybrid is 16/18-19/21

The difference is about 3mpg city, 2 mpg hwy

I couldn't find a 08 Silverado hybrid....only Tahoe.

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/hybrid_sbs.shtml

The article I read claims that the new Hemi Hybrid will get 25% better FE. Thats a bit concerning if it doesnt affect the engines performance.

Ford did some development for a large hybrid, but most of the tech was shelved. That system used a charged nitrogen tank to provide thrust assistance to 35mphs and recharged slowly at highway speeds and faster when braking. The system weighed about 400 lbs.

For now Ford intends to use the 4.4ltr Diesel to gain economy in their large trucks. ETA 2013

Look for displacement on demand to be added around 2015. The hurricane engine series was designed with direct injection and displacement on demand in mind.

The diesel was announced for 2010. Also 2015 for displacement on demend? Thats ridiculous. Almost all the competition already has that feature.

2015??? Dodge has had that since what? 03-04??