Dearborn truck plant..................wow

dtp.sinks

why is it that the COMPANY is promising the temps on the engine and frame line permanent jobs but ach brothers and sisters are not getting the oppertunity to flow back?????and all the CEVA people were told in a hand out that "most" will be offered a permanent job with Ford,in the same job they are presently doing....any one hear about this .....was going around on day shift today

Did you see that hand out? Here in Tulsa, we had our meetings today with Chuck Browning and crew to explain to us the benefits of an incomplete contract that they are trying to sell to us. At the meeting, he told us that there are temps in the Ford system holding spots for ACH people who want to flow back to Ford Plants. He also told our temps that they could get a chance to get a job at a Ford facility after everyone was placed He was meaning everyone including the temps at the assembly plants who would be given an opportunity to be hired as a Ford new hire after the openings were offered to all Ford and ACH people and not filled. Of course, there was nothing in writing stating this. :reading:

at dtp there are over 500 temps and or outsourced people that are supposed to be replaced but like I said the company is giving them promises hopefully the union steps in and stops it

If you get one of the flyers in your hand, please let us know. It sounds like the union, per Chuck Browning, will make sure every Ford employee at an ACH plant and also all in the JSP (or GEN) or on lay-off will be given opportunities to either flow-back or transfer to plants with temps holding spots for them presently.

when I goto work in the morning I will look for the hand out...also the flow back is bull shit these guys have been temps going on 5 years...they call them "super temps" and are getting special privledges, some have been temps in this building since it opened.. we even have super temps in preferred jobs like pmhv and team leaders

Wow...there is something definately wrong with that picture!!!! Thanks for your post, and keep us informed.

Yes, thanks for that info. We have Chuck Browning and crew here until Saturday night and Chuck is here until Sunday morning. I am very anxious to hear the explaination for your temp situation from him. We already surprised them today by having a copy of Monroe's contract first thing this morning to ask them about. We got it from our union brothers on this message board.

We have to help each other and we can by keeping everyone informed. We'll let you know how it goes tomorrow. We vote on our so-called new contract tomorrow and Saturday.

the UAW contract here says something about a national call back list, what about you all?? ever hear anything about that??

Yes. Supposedly there is one, or really several. For instance, for the employees who opt to take an educational buyout. After they finish their program, they will go on a "list" for 5 years and within that time they could be offered an opportunity for a position at a Ford plant before they could hire from the outside. They are allowed to turn down 2 opportunities but after the 3rd, they are taken off the "list".

Also, there is a "list" for employees that turn down their 3rd job offer while they are in JSP status. They quit receiving benefits and pay, but they will still stay on a "list" to get offers for jobs at Ford plants. The UAW supposedly keeps an eye on the company to make sure this is done correctly and that people aren't given offers that will be a hardship on them :hysterical: or just given two offers back to back just to kick them off the "list". :hysterical::finger:

I don't know if that is what you were asking but hopefully it helped.

Yes. Supposedly there is one, or really several. For instance, for the employees who opt to take an educational buyout. After they finish their program, they will go on a "list" for 5 years and within that time they could be offered an opportunity for a position at a Ford plant before they could hire from the outside. They are allowed to turn down 2 opportunities but after the 3rd, they are taken off the "list".

Also, there is a "list" for employees that turn down their 3rd job offer while they are in JSP status. They quit receiving benefits and pay, but they will still stay on a "list" to get offers for jobs at Ford plants. The UAW supposedly keeps an eye on the company to make sure this is done correctly and that people aren't given offers that will be a hardship on them :hysterical: or just given two offers back to back just to kick them off the "list". :hysterical::finger:

I don't know if that is what you were asking but hopefully it helped.

We were told you get 2 offers and then the income and benefits would be cut off but you would still get additional offers if they become available. We were told the offers would be Kansas City and Chicago. I assume they will be back to back as they are temps in both locations.

We were told you get 2 offers and then the income and benefits would be cut off but you would still get additional offers if they become available. We were told the offers would be Kansas City and Chicago. I assume they will be back to back as they are temps in both locations.

Are you meaning for a flow-back or maybe while you are in JSP? For both of those you were told what we were told. What else we were told was that as long as the jobs were in a posting and just put up around the plant, they are not considered one of your offers. You have to be specifically told that you are being offered a position personally, per Chuck Browning during our meetings with him yesterday in Tulsa.

I agree with you though about Kansas City and Chicago. Supposedly they have temps holding spots for the flowbacks from ach plants, especially Tulsa and Nashville. The offers for those plants will probably come pretty quick since we are at the top of the list for being placed and we know there are spots there.

Another side note, if they offer more than one plant to you at one time, it only counts as one strike.

why is it that the COMPANY is promising the temps on the engine and frame line permanent jobs but ach brothers and sisters are not getting the oppertunity to flow back?????and all the CEVA people were told in a hand out that "most" will be offered a permanent job with Ford,in the same job they are presently doing....any one hear about this .....was going around on day shift today

I heard today that they will not get rid of the temps until the buyouts are complete. If they don't get

enough buyouts to flow back everyone into a Ford plant, then they will get rid of the temps. With job one

coming up in June, they are not going to move everyone around and sacrifice the 09 launch. If Ford wants 20% of its work force to be two tier, than it does make sense to keep the temps until they know for sure that they have to get rid of them. Heck, I hope that the 500 temps stay, that will mean 500 more lower than me. Off course, that is only if the Ford workers at ACH plants are placed somewhere. That was the rumor today..

Here in Chicago we have a ton of TEMPS! I would say easily between 600-700!

Let's see, Ford is shooting for 12,000 buyouts.

Anyone know just how many temps are in the Ford system nationwide?

How many people are in the GEN/JSP nationwide?

If half of the Ford/ACH workers flowback, that's about 3,000 people.

Total GEN/JSP people + 3,000 flowbacks = Total openings needed at Ford plants. Right?

:reading:

Here in Chicago we have a ton of TEMPS! I would say easily between 600-700!

Let me guess temps cannot be bumped off of day shift and they are doing all of the so called "running jobs" AKA overloaded jobs so when they leave the regulsr workers will have to do them !! Am I right??????

Let me guess temps cannot be bumped off of day shift and they are doing all of the so called "running jobs" AKA overloaded jobs so when they leave the regulsr workers will have to do them !! Am I right??????

At Wayne Assy, the temps get the easy jobs and cry if they get loaned out to Trim. Waaaaaa!

I heard today that they will not get rid of the temps until the buyouts are complete. If they don't get

enough buyouts to flow back everyone into a Ford plant, then they will get rid of the temps. With job one

coming up in June, they are not going to move everyone around and sacrifice the 09 launch. If Ford wants 20% of its work force to be two tier, than it does make sense to keep the temps until they know for sure that they have to get rid of them. Heck, I hope that the 500 temps stay, that will mean 500 more lower than me. Off course, that is only if the Ford workers at ACH plants are placed somewhere. That was the rumor today..

500 lower than you? At Ohio Assembly our temps do whatever they want! They have been woking on days for about a year and we can not bump them. They come in late..... They all know or are related to someone who makes all the decisions. I have been trying for months to get on days. They even have their own job that they do every day. Someone told me to call the National Labor Relations Board... maybe I will like Tuesday! It makes me soooo mad I just don't understand it.

500 lower than you? At Ohio Assembly our temps do whatever they want! They have been woking on days for about a year and we can not bump them. They come in late..... They all know or are related to someone who makes all the decisions. I have been trying for months to get on days. They even have their own job that they do every day. Someone told me to call the National Labor Relations Board... maybe I will like Tuesday! It makes me soooo mad I just don't understand it.

It sounds just like Wayne Assy. We were told that the temps do not fall under our discipline system. And then it is still up to the foreman to write them up if they come in late.

• 3 weeks later...