According to some bonehead who drives crown vic. P71, please help me out here. You know I'm having a tough time finding pricing on a new Crown Vic. In fact, if you'll visit the Ford website you'll notice that the crown vic is not even on there. Gee I wonder why? Could it be that it's because they quit selling it at dealerships to the general public because nobody would buy the damn thing? Yes I'm sure that was the reason given by Ford sometime back.

By default therefore I guess the only big loser here is you. I could buy a loaded F250 and have them add stuff not even on the list and it would still be easier than buying the not even available Crown Vic. I'll tell you what. Go on down to your local Ford dealer and buy a crown vic off the lot, and it has to be cheaper and more reliable than a Fusion. Take your ruby slippers with you so you can't get back home.

I know that the CVs are fleet only.

And I am not a loser because I would -NEVER- buy a CV new.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:hysterical: You coulda thrown in Rangers in place of Fusions and I'd have agreed with you....but now ya gone and one it..,...BTW where are some 300K, 400K, or "gasp"... 500K+ mile Fusions and what were their 75+ MPH rear end collision scores again?? :hysterical:

I know. Throwing the Fusion in there had to be a joke.

That blackhorse fella is one funny guy!

That's the problem. Not enough people would buy them new at retail. Used CV sales don't help Ford much. Used CV sales at low prices don't even help the dealers much either.

Why would any right minded person spend 15K when they don't have to?

And I could care less about the dealer.

Edited by P71_CrownVic

Only Panther I could see buying new would be a new GMQ...$17,995 for a fullsize, RWD, V8, American styled sedan brand spankin' new is a LOT of car for the money I don't care what the Panther haters say.

I also want to throw in, that when while the CVs where still in retail sales, they never got near the rebates that the GMQs did/do. I think the only rebates I EVER saw on the hood of a new CV were a $1,000 bucks....versus $5K+ rebates for the GMQ??

Why would any right minded person spend 15K when they don't have to?

And I could care less about the dealer.

Your choice if you are a cheap ass and don't want to buy new. A lot of people do because they get a better warranty. Frankly you should be thanking them because if they didn't buy new there would be no used ones for you to buy. Oh wait, there are no new ones to buy either because nobody buys the damn things except some small remote group of losers. LOL

Enjoy it while you can buddy. In 6 to 8 years there won't be a crown vic on the road that isn't a used up heap that you will have to sink money into to keep running. Come talk to us about reliability versus a brand new Fusion then ok.

Oh wait, there are no new ones to buy either because nobody buys the damn things except some small remote group of losers. LOL

Nice to see what you think of your local Police Department.

Enjoy it while you can buddy. In 6 to 8 years there won't be a crown vic on the road that isn't a used up heap that you will have to sink money into to keep running. Come talk to us about reliability versus a brand new Fusion then ok.

In 6-8 years my Panther will still be on the road...good luck doing that in a Fusion. In fact, just the thought of a Fusion lasting as long as a Panther has made my side split open from laughter.

You should really go into stand-up comedy.

The CV is a good car for police use in the US. But there is a big but involved today. Since the writing is on the wall that they will be going away, departments in the areas around me seem to be going to the competition.

There have been a few agencies that have been using the FWD Chevy Impala for about 5 or 6 years. They seem to be satisfied with the performance they deliver. One big advantage a local Sheriffs dept sees with the Impala is lower operating cost due to better fuel economy. This is vey important today. I am seeing some other agencies trying out the Impala lately.

There has been a big increase lately in the use of the Dodge Charger. I know of 3 agencies who have stopped purchasing new CVs for their fleets and instead are purchasing Chargers. They seem to be happy with them, and those that have been in use 18 to 24 months seem to be holding up. An item of interest for the Chargers is that some are equipped with a V6 for better fuel economy. There is the rare 08 Taurus in several agencies, but they seem to be used by process servers mostly.

Over the years agencies around here have used a wide range of vehicles, from the Chrysler K cars in the 80s (yes, K cars for highway cruiser duty!) to Ford Rangers (for local patrol duty) to the odd Grand Marquis. The CV can and will be replaced - the question is what will Ford have to replace it.

Most Impalas I see are used most in urban environments. The NC State Highway Patrol bought a fleet of Impalas back in '02. From what I've seen, that was the last big order for the Impala by the state. Its been said that the Impalas just don't satisfy many law agencies, especially for traffic duty. They don't hold up as well in severe use so its reported. The state now buys Tahoes for the highway patrol when not buying Crown Vics or Dodge Chargers.

When GM decided to pull the plug on the Caprice, they did so to boost their truck production. I'm sure that was profitable for them, but it did considerable damage to their law enforcement business. Most don't buy Tahoes because they are heavy, more likely to flip over and are the worst for gas mileage. The Impala is not at all designed with police usage in mind. That's why I'm sure that Dodge has, by far, hurt Chevy worse than Ford. GM just doesn't make an ideal police vehicle any more.

What car can the US Police force be reliant on other than a Crown Vic?

http://www.carsurvey.org/viewcomments_review_67417.html

LMAO I loved this one.

I've also got a '99 Crown Vic police interceptor. Sprayed it all black, its got the black steel wheels with center caps. Looks like an FBI car heh. I'm still in high school and its great knowing I've got the fastest and coolest car in the parking lot

LMAO, I can just see this loser swaggering out to his wannabe cop car after class and thinking "Dude my car is soooo cool." He probably literally sprayed it, as in cans of black spray paint. This has got to be P71. LOL

I wonder if this fool knows he's the biggest joke in the school.

LMAO I loved this one.

LMAO, I can just see this loser swaggering out to his wannabe cop car after class and thinking "Dude my car is soooo cool." He probably literally sprayed it, as in cans of black spray paint. This has got to be P71. LOL

Makes you wonder where he goes to school if a '99 Crown Vic is the fastest and coolest car in the parking lot -- Sierra Leone? Democratic Republic of Congo? Baltimore??

LMAO I loved this one.

:hysterical:

What is New York using as a yellow Taxi cab these days? Just interested to see what Ford have used as a replacement. I hope it's not YOTA filling it's boots with mores sales of Fords market that they have given up on?

http://jscms.jrn.columbia.edu/cns/2006-05-02/white-crownvic

asset_small.jpgasset_small.jpg

It's a shame Ford can't come up with something iconic like Londons black cab for New York.

http://www.retrotogo.com/2007/12/buy-a-london-bl.html

Black%20Cab.jpg

Birmingham City Council and as part of the 'Don't Choke Britain Events' the company handed over the keys of the first cab to Ruth Watts, Secretary of the Birmingham Taxi Cooperative, and one of Birmingham's female cab drivers.

The cab is the first officially licensed cab in Birmingham to run on Liquefied Petroleum Gas fuel. The award wining K Series engine with LPG conversion is 50% quieter than current taxi diesel engines and reduces CO2 by 29%, NOx levels by 95% and particulate emissions by 92% compared to the current diesel taxis in Birmingham. Conversions will be supported by the Energy Savings Trust, a government agency established to approve and provide grants for such conversions. LPG taxis provide benefits to pedestrians, taxi passengers and taxi operators and the environment in general.

Edited by Ford Jellymoulds

When I was in San Francisco last week on vacation, I saw a number of Toyota Camry's and Sienna's as cabs. The only Ford vehicles I saw as cabs were Crown Vics, and a lot of Grand Marquis as well.

It's all academic anyways - Ford is going to lose that market when they drop the Panther either way.

When I was in San Francisco last week on vacation, I saw a number of Toyota Camry's and Sienna's as cabs. The only Ford vehicles I saw as cabs were Crown Vics, and a lot of Grand Marquis as well.

It's all academic anyways - Ford is going to lose that market when they drop the Panther either way.

Does that really surprise anyone in San Francisco? That whole town is the epicenter of the "We hate America and all that it stands for." crowd. To that end I could easily see them rejecting an American made taxi cab in favor the cramped back seat you would get from a Camry. LOL

The CV is a good car for police use in the US. But there is a big but involved today. Since the writing is on the wall that they will be going away, departments in the areas around me seem to be going to the competition.

There have been a few agencies that have been using the FWD Chevy Impala for about 5 or 6 years. They seem to be satisfied with the performance they deliver. One big advantage a local Sheriffs dept sees with the Impala is lower operating cost due to better fuel economy. This is vey important today. I am seeing some other agencies trying out the Impala lately.

There has been a big increase lately in the use of the Dodge Charger. I know of 3 agencies who have stopped purchasing new CVs for their fleets and instead are purchasing Chargers. They seem to be happy with them, and those that have been in use 18 to 24 months seem to be holding up. An item of interest for the Chargers is that some are equipped with a V6 for better fuel economy. There is the rare 08 Taurus in several agencies, but they seem to be used by process servers mostly.

Over the years agencies around here have used a wide range of vehicles, from the Chrysler K cars in the 80s (yes, K cars for highway cruiser duty!) to Ford Rangers (for local patrol duty) to the odd Grand Marquis. The CV can and will be replaced - the question is what will Ford have to replace it.

I've been told by another poster here that an entire (fairly large) police department (Broward Sherriff's Office, BSO) will be switching to all Chargers over the next few years.

I also saw a Charger taxi cab today, it was a very strange sight. So, it looks like the Charger will be looked at by both police and taxi operators.