CLEVELAND LAYOFF'S

fordspeed

WELL UNION BROTHERS AND SISTERS HERE'S THE SCOOP IN CLEVELAND!!! PLANT#2 GOING TO ONE SHIFT ASAP PROABLY 2-3 WEEKS!! PLANT#1 POSTPONED TILL JAN OF 09!!!! CASTING PLANT GETTING RID OF 2 CORE LINE COMBINE 0 AND 1 CLEANING LINE 7 MOLD LINE GONE 2 COOLER GONE AND CLEANERS GONE ALL SUPPOSED TO BE DONE BY APRIL 1(HOW IRIONIC?) ALL IN ALL BETWEEN 250-300 PEOPLE ON THE STREETS NO INVERSE( TO LONG WONT DO A YEAR ONLY 6 MTHS)!!! THE RUMOR IS 100 PEOPLE GOING TO AVON LAKE!!! I WAS TOLD BY A UNION PERSON AND A COMPANY PERSON!!!! THE COMPANY HAD A SITE WIDE MAN. MEETING YESTERDAY FROM 5-6 PM ASK ANY SUP AND THEY TELL U THAT ITS NOT LOOKING GOOD FOR BROOKPARK!!!!

WELL UNION BROTHERS AND SISTERS HERE'S THE SCOOP IN CLEVELAND!!! PLANT#2 GOING TO ONE SHIFT ASAP PROABLY 2-3 WEEKS!! PLANT#1 POSTPONED TILL JAN OF 09!!!! CASTING PLANT GETTING RID OF 2 CORE LINE COMBINE 0 AND 1 CLEANING LINE 7 MOLD LINE GONE 2 COOLER GONE AND CLEANERS GONE ALL SUPPOSED TO BE DONE BY APRIL 1(HOW IRIONIC?) ALL IN ALL BETWEEN 250-300 PEOPLE ON THE STREETS NO INVERSE( TO LONG WONT DO A YEAR ONLY 6 MTHS)!!! THE RUMOR IS 100 PEOPLE GOING TO AVON LAKE!!! I WAS TOLD BY A UNION PERSON AND A COMPANY PERSON!!!! THE COMPANY HAD A SITE WIDE MAN. MEETING YESTERDAY FROM 5-6 PM ASK ANY SUP AND THEY TELL U THAT ITS NOT LOOKING GOOD FOR BROOKPARK!!!!

We were to some were coming to Avon but not 100 we don't have that many TFT's and vacancies, I beleave the number was 22. Maybe someone else can shed some light!

Edited by Furious1Auto

We were to some were coming to Avon but not 100 we don't have that many TFT's and vacancies, I beleave the number was 22. Maybe someone else can shed some light!

Per Nick at the last union meeting, there are approximately 146 or so (not sure of EXACT number) that have the RIGHT to return home. There was a req put in for so many (20 odd people) but Walton Hills may also put in a req and that could change things. Just because someone has the right to return to basic unit does not mean that they will take advantage of the offer. There are also 46 or so people at Sandusky that have RTBU rights back to OHAP. I'm sure that the union will keep us informed of what is taking place with the RTBUs.

Per Nick at the last union meeting, there are approximately 146 or so (not sure of EXACT number) that have the RIGHT to return home. There was a req put in for so many (20 odd people) but Walton Hills may also put in a req and that could change things. Just because someone has the right to return to basic unit does not mean that they will take advantage of the offer. There are also 46 or so people at Sandusky that have RTBU rights back to OHAP. I'm sure that the union will keep us informed of what is taking place with the RTBUs.

How many TFT's do we have working currently?

It came out Today that Job 1 for Plant #1 is moved ahead to August 1st and full production on October 11th. So where you got your info from is not true. You also stated they are combining 0 and 1 cleaning line. There is no "1" cleaning line its gone it used to be the 3.0 vulcan block line. The numbers you quoted are bullshit. Avon don't need 100 people.

Edited by gary112

That sucks seen it coming 6 months ago thats why i balied. Now we need to vote out these IMTS here in Lima that will create about 30 openings. Good luck to all my friends in cleveland..

99% of us here at Lima wish you all wouldn't have balied.(bailed is the word I think you meant to use) Nobody here wants the work ethic

or attitude that we all know is present in Cleveland. Lima has built its reputation on quality, production, and a good working relationship between

union and management. If we get too many stubborn Clevelandites in here we will end up in the same position as the plant you balied from!!!!

99% of us here at Lima wish you all wouldn't have balied.(bailed is the word I think you meant to use) Nobody here wants the work ethic

or attitude that we all know is present in Cleveland. Lima has built its reputation on quality, production, and a good working relationship between

union and management. If we get too many stubborn Clevelandites in here we will end up in the same position as the plant you balied from!!!!

Let me guess "Our local is the strongest is the country" "Brookpark is way better than this place" "We have a real local" and "I cant wait to get back to brookpark! Is that about right? They were held captive in Lorain for almost 2 years so by working with them I have heard them all, and have seen the work ethic (or lack there of ) first hand! I don't want to chactorize their whole work force but several I worked with shared the same attitude!

Edited by Furious1Auto

WELL GARY112 THEN WHY AT THE UNION MEETING DID GUY HAMLITON TELL ME AND 10 OTHER PEOPLE HE HAD NO START UP MONEY!! AND HIS WORDS WERE HOPEFULLY NEXT YEAR PLANT 1 WILL OPEN AND I HAD 4 SUPERVISORS TELL ME AT THERE MEETING THAT JAN ALLMAN TOLD THEM PLANT 2 NIGHT SHIFT MUST GO ASAP AND THAT PLANT 1 HAS BEEN "DELAYED TILL JAN OF 09" GARY UR THE ONLY ONE SAYING AUG CALL ACROSS THE STREET TO THE UNION HALL ASK ANY UNION OFFICAL THE WILL TELL YOU THE SAME!! IN THE CASTING PLANT ALL COMMITTEE PEOPLE ARE SAYING THAT TO!!!!! AS FOR AVON THATS WHAT I HEARD WAS 100 PEOPLE 50 AT A TIME!!! I KNOW THE WORK ETHIC OF SOME BROOKPARK PEOPLE SUCK BUT NOT ALL OF US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HOPE YOUR RIGHT AND IT ONLY 22 BUT I TALK TO AN OLD FRIEND FROM AVON HE SAID AROUND 50-75 DONT KNOW BUT I HOPE IT'S ONLY 22!!!! :happy feet:

And you represent the voice of 99 percent of the employees? You are a true idiot by your statements you have made here. Its obvious you don't know anything about the Cleveland plants. So go back to your little plant in the middle of a corn feild and suck some more ass.

WELL GARY112 THEN WHY AT THE UNION MEETING DID GUY HAMLITON TELL ME AND 10 OTHER PEOPLE HE HAD NO START UP MONEY!! AND HIS WORDS WERE HOPEFULLY NEXT YEAR PLANT 1 WILL OPEN AND I HAD 4 SUPERVISORS TELL ME AT THERE MEETING THAT JAN ALLMAN TOLD THEM PLANT 2 NIGHT SHIFT MUST GO ASAP AND THAT PLANT 1 HAS BEEN "DELAYED TILL JAN OF 09" GARY UR THE ONLY ONE SAYING AUG CALL ACROSS THE STREET TO THE UNION HALL ASK ANY UNION OFFICAL THE WILL TELL YOU THE SAME!! IN THE CASTING PLANT ALL COMMITTEE PEOPLE ARE SAYING THAT TO!!!!! AS FOR AVON THATS WHAT I HEARD WAS 100 PEOPLE 50 AT A TIME!!! I KNOW THE WORK ETHIC OF SOME BROOKPARK PEOPLE SUCK BUT NOT ALL OF US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HOPE YOUR RIGHT AND IT ONLY 22 BUT I TALK TO AN OLD FRIEND FROM AVON HE SAID AROUND 50-75 DONT KNOW BUT I HOPE IT'S ONLY 22!!!! :happy feet:

Ford management had a meeting yesterday and it was confirmed. Job 1 August 1st for pant 1. Ask any one. A flyer will be out today or tomorrow.

You are taking about the work ethics and attitude of the Cleveland workers. Have you ever work at any of the Cleveland Plants or are you just making judgment about a couple of thousand people by the way a few are? I don’t care where you work, either at Ford or any other work place. You are going to have lazy asses every where. From working in the Cleveland Plants for 10 years and I see the different work ethics there are. Most of the workers in Cleveland do care about quality and production. If you have a problem with the Cleveland Workers in Lima, it must be the same thing that happened in Cleveland when they brought in workers from Avon Lake. ( ALFs ) They came here with a attitude, not all but quite a few. I see some of them every day working hard at getting out of work. (Maybe the AWOL rules will take care of some of the problem.) And not long after they were brought to Cleveland there was a layoff and a bunch of Cleveland workers were forced, yes forced, to go to Lorain. And the Lorain workers, not all but quite a few, treated some of the Cleveland workers like sh**. How are the workers who came to Lima being treated. Did they cop a attitude after they got there because of their treatment? The ones I know who went to Lima seem to like it there. I can’t judge Lima workers from what I hear from just a few. Just like I can’t judge Avon workers from the few bad ones that I see. So don’t label a whole site because of just a few. If you haven’t worked here, you don’t really know.

You are taking about the work ethics and attitude of the Cleveland workers. Have you ever work at any of the Cleveland Plants or are you just making judgment about a couple of thousand people by the way a few are? I don’t care where you work, either at Ford or any other work place. You are going to have lazy asses every where. From working in the Cleveland Plants for 10 years and I see the different work ethics there are. Most of the workers in Cleveland do care about quality and production. If you have a problem with the Cleveland Workers in Lima, it must be the same thing that happened in Cleveland when they brought in workers from Avon Lake. ( ALFs ) They came here with a attitude, not all but quite a few. I see some of them every day working hard at getting out of work. (Maybe the AWOL rules will take care of some of the problem.) And not long after they were brought to Cleveland there was a layoff and a bunch of Cleveland workers were forced, yes forced, to go to Lorain. And the Lorain workers, not all but quite a few, treated some of the Cleveland workers like sh**. How are the workers who came to Lima being treated. Did they cop a attitude after they got there because of their treatment? The ones I know who went to Lima seem to like it there. I can’t judge Lima workers from what I hear from just a few. Just like I can’t judge Avon workers from the few bad ones that I see. So don’t label a whole site because of just a few. If you haven’t worked here, you don’t really know.

Fair enough, us workers from Lorain also encountered the same welcoming mat (or lack there of ) when we consolidated at Avon!

Lima assmblyman thanks for the correction on Bail. ill proof read a little better from here on out. Sorry 99% of you dont want us but your going to get more transfers. its just the way it is. as far as work ethic i work as hard as anybody in Lima. I even helped get some quality things taken care of when I got here. You have the same type of workers here as in cleveland. Lima just calls them special needs people. so before you run your mouth think a little. your local union staff is a little to friendly with management and IMTS are not the answer. Vote NO on IMTS do not give production jobs away.

Lima assmblyman thanks for the correction on Bail. ill proof read a little better from here on out. Sorry 99% of you dont want us but your going to get more transfers. its just the way it is. as far as work ethic i work as hard as anybody in Lima. I even helped get some quality things taken care of when I got here. You have the same type of workers here as in cleveland. Lima just calls them special needs people. so before you run your mouth think a little. your local union staff is a little to friendly with management and IMTS are not the answer. Vote NO on IMTS do not give production jobs away.

If I get laidoff Ill go to Lima and bump you. I know i have time on 90% of the Lima plant and Im bringing all my time homeboy.

But read the natl contract cleveland not lima gets additional work throughout the contract, enough said.

The 3.5 is going in F150, explorer,Van,Flex and Mustang along with 70-100K going in the Falcon in australia. I forgot to mention the escape and Crown Vic replas ement in fact all the Lincoln's are getting it.

And dont forget the Taurus, Mazda 6, new Ranger.

When these are ready plant 1 will be up full speed on 3 shifts by 010.

If I get laidoff Ill go to Lima and bump you. I know i have time on 90% of the Lima plant and Im bringing all my time homeboy.

But read the natl contract cleveland not lima gets additional work throughout the contract, enough said.

The 3.5 is going in F150, explorer,Van,Flex and Mustang along with 70-100K going in the Falcon in australia. I forgot to mention the escape and Crown Vic replas ement in fact all the Lincoln's are getting it.

you must be jan allman's new little boy-you say anything that she wants said that will make her look good-she is the only one that she cares about-she will walk over anyone/lie about anything to get to the glass house-all future work is up in the air-no one is guaranteed anything.

you must be jan allman's new little boy-you say anything that she wants said that will make her look good-she is the only one that she cares about-she will walk over anyone/lie about anything to get to the glass house-all future work is up in the air-no one is guaranteed anything.

HAHAHA READ the contract if u can!!!! Plant 1 will receive future increments of V6 engines as the contract moves on. Notice the word WILL not MAYBE but WILL. READ IT!!!!!!!

Plant 2 will receive a new engine in 011. WILL not MAYBE. 2 engine plants are better then 1.

1 drop off for shipping cost is better then 2. 1 trip on the train is better then 2. 2 plants that can make the same blocks in case 1 breaks you can work OT on the other.

Read the contract. You started the name calling not brookpark. I dont wish to have lima close like u and your friends wish to have brookpark close.

Having said that Id rather work at Lima then brookpark because I prefer country livin. LOL

Edited by CSMJ

And you represent the voice of 99 percent of the employees? You are a true idiot by your statements you have made here. Its obvious you don't know anything about the Cleveland plants. So go back to your little plant in the middle of a corn feild and suck some more ass.

Corn feild, thats a good one. Good thing you dont get paid for spelling.

HAHAHA READ the contract if u can!!!! Plant 1 will receive future increments of V6 engines as the contract moves on. Notice the word WILL not MAYBE but WILL. READ IT!!!!!!!

Plant 2 will receive a new engine in 011. WILL not MAYBE. 2 engine plants are better then 1.

1 drop off for shipping cost is better then 2. 1 trip on the train is better then 2. 2 plants that can make the same blocks in case 1 breaks you can work OT on the other.

Read the contract. You started the name calling not brookpark. I dont wish to have lima close like u and your friends wish to have brookpark close.

Having said that Id rather work at Lima then brookpark because I prefer country livin. LOL

Your 3.5 program is 18 months behind schedule and millions over budget. You guys started that program 6 months before we did and ours is in place and millions under budget and we have been building and selling engines for almost a year. We just sent our staff engineers up there to get you running so don't count your chickens before their hatched! Who says there will be any future increments? Anything is possible. Four years is a very short time.

The market will dictate if and when there will be another increment of the program. Our last contract also stated there would be NO PLANT CLOSINGS. We all know how that went down........ Don't count your chickens before they have hatched....

Well Mr. CSMJ, (whats that stand for anyway, Cant Stop Milking my Johnson?) Unless you bring abut 500 of your "homeboys" with more than 30 years

you aren't bumping me out of nothing! I'd love to have your insight on all the new product and what Cleveland will be supplying, maybe you are Jan's boy!

BREAKING NEWS !!!!!

THE UNION PUT A LETTER TODAY AND ALL IS TENTATIVE DUE TO BUY-OUTS, BUT IT SAY'S YOU WILL HAVE TO HAVE 6/3/94 TO HOLD ENGINE 2 AND AROUND 5/99 TO HOLD SITE SOOO, IT ALSO SAID WE BE LAYING OFF TRADES SO THE COMPANY DONT HAVE "CHURN" AS THEY SAY. IT ASLO STATES " IF ANY CONTRACTOR'S ARE BROUGHT TRADES WILL BE FULLY UTLIZED FIRST WHY WOULD WE THINK ABOUT BRINGING IN CONTRACTOR'S OH I FORGOT THE COMPANY LIKES KICK-BACKS..

QUESTION, THEN WHY ARE CONTRACT CLEANERS BEING BROUGHT IN AND PROD. PEOPLE GET LAID OFF, I THINK THE UNION IS SELLING ALL OF US OUT JUST AS THEY DID FOR THE PACKAGE 50K FOR PROD.70K FOR TRADES ARE THEY SPLITTING UP OUR RANKS EVEN MORE WHAT A TRUE SHAME THIS UNION IS TURNING OUT TO BE. NOT TO MENTION THIS WORTHLESS NEW PRES. WE HAVE AS OUR OLD ONE BAILED ON US AND WENT TO DETROIT JUST WHEN THE GOING GETS TUFF NO BALLS FOR EITHER OF THEM WE TRULY NEED SOMEONE TO STAND UP FOR US AND STOP SELLING US OUT .PLANT ONE GAVE CLASSIF. UP AND WE WHERE TOLD TO VOTE AND NEVER PRINTED OR TOLD UNTIL AFTER THE FACT... LOSER OVER THERE ALSO. I KNOW WE HAVE TO BE COMPETIVE, BUT WHATS THE COST THE AMERICAN PEOPLE IN THE STREETS, THE PEOPLE THAT BUILT THIS COUNTRY AND UNION ARE TRULY ROLLING OVER IN THE GRAVES AT THIS MESS WE CALL AMERICA, AND THE UNITED AUTO WORKERS. THE NEW NAME FOR UAW SHOULD BE " YOU ARE WORTHLESS' BELIEVE ME THE GLASS ARE NOT FEELING A TO BIG EFFECT ON THOSE LOSING THEIR JOB'S AND HAVING TO PICK UP YOUR FAMILY AND MOVE, BUT HEY THEY SAY "FAMILY IS WHAT MAKES A GOOD UNION" TELL YOUR FAMILY THEY HAVE TO PICK AND MOVE OUT OF STATE AS YOUR LOCATION BRINGS IN "CONTRACT WORKERS FOR 9 BUCKS A HOUR TO DO YOUR CLEANING JOBS AND DOCK JOBS... GOOD LUCK TO US ALL WE ARE ALL IN THE SAME SHIP NO MATTER WHAT THE CONTRACT SAID YOU ARE GETTING.. REMEMBER THE WORDS " MARKET DICTATES" WHAT A VERY VAGUE SAYING AS THEY WONT LET US SEE THE TRUE MARKET NUMBERS ANYMORE... THE FORD BIG SHOT CUT THE PLANE COMPANY DOWN AND I THINK WE ARE NEXT.. MORE THEN WHAT HAS ALREADY BEEN DONE, THINK THE 20% CLAUSE IN THE NEW CONTRACT RELATES TO NUMBERS OF PEOPLE OUT OF WORK ... :slap: :stop::drop:

FIRST OF ALL JACKASS I DON'T REPRESENT ANYONE BUT MYSELF!!! SECOND OF ALL I'M JUST SAYING WHAT I HEARD SO IF YOU WANT TO GET YOUR PANTIES IN A BUNCH OVER IT THEN SO BE IT!!!! THIS FORUM IS FOR US TO WRITE WHAT WE HEAR!!! SO SOME OF IT MUST BE TRUE BECAUSE YOU DIDNT ANSWER ANY OF THE QUESTIONS !!! I WAS TOLD JUST GO BACK TO MY CORN FIELD(THE RIGHT WAY TO SPELL IT) AS FOR PLANT 1 I ASKED MY COM. MAN AND HE SAID THEY(THE UNION) SAID JAN 09. GARY 112 I HAVE YET TO SEE YOU PUT ANYTHING GOOD ON THIS SITE SO WHY DON'T YOU TAKE UR VIEWS AND CRAM THEM IN UR ASS!!!!!!!!!!! FOR FUAW WELL SAID WELL SAID!!!!!!!! AS FOR THE VOLUME INCREASE IN PLANT 1 I GUESS FORD HAS NEVER BROKE THE CONTRACT BEFORE RIGHT LOL LOL :banghead: