Ford Flex Minivan

Of course everyone knows that the Ford Freestar was just a re-styled Windstar but just out of curiosity, would anyone buy a new minivan if Ford offered one? Of course the chances of them ever creating another minivan are slim to none but looking back at the old Windstars of the past and the MY1999-2003, it made me think that if ford tried hard enough they could give those damn import vans a run for their money! For example, even though the new Dodge Caravan/Chrysler Town & Country is loaded with amazing features, it's ugly as hell! I mean the Windstar was much better looking and if Ford kept up with it they could've been on top right now. So technically what I'm trying to say here is that would anyone be interested in photo shopping a ford flex w/ a windstar or something or create one. I do not have Photoshop so I am unable to do so.

Thanks in Advance!

Of course everyone knows that the Ford Freestar was just a re-styled Windstar but just out of curiosity, would anyone buy a new minivan if Ford offered one? Of course the chances of them ever creating another minivan are slim to none but looking back at the old Windstars of the past and the MY1999-2003, it made me think that if ford tried hard enough they could give those damn import vans a run for their money! For example, even though the new Dodge Caravan/Chrysler Town & Country is loaded with amazing features, it's ugly as hell! I mean the Windstar was much better looking and if Ford kept up with it they could've been on top right now. So technically what I'm trying to say here is that would anyone be interested in photo shopping a ford flex w/ a windstar or something or create one. I do not have Photoshop so I am unable to do so.

Thanks in Advance!

As I said in another thread, you could try using MS Paint, that's all I use....it may take some time to get good at it, but the results can be pretty good.

I chopped it for ya! :hysterical:

ford-flex.jpg

:hysterical:

As Watchdevil implied, I don't believe Ford will be making anything that we would consider a "minivan" anytime soon. That is the Flex's purpose, but I can understand where you're coming from, Mike. There are some families that like having sliding rear doors and the functionality attributes of a minivan, but Ford does not see that there's enough of them to go after, especially in such an established, competitive market.

However, since you asked, I may try to cook up something.

• 3 weeks later...
I like it EXCEPT for that HATED 3 bar BIC razor grill. I cannot believe that the design team did that entire move. Let GM do it if they want.. YUK

If you don't like the 3-bar grille, what other type of grille would you suggest? The idea is to make the product distinctive, which is what the 3-bar is doing. I personally, like the 3-bra grille.

Here's 2 minivans based off the Ford Flex.

-

fordminivan1finsmallzc3.jpg

-

-

hybrid-version:

fordminivan1hybrsmallyh1.jpg

dubbed the Transit Connect in EU and on its way to the US. of course they use a small block diesel in EU, here it will probably have the 2.3L 4cyl or 3.0L v-6. definately FWD though, and more economical than the e-series.

I like it EXCEPT for that HATED 3 bar BIC razor grill. I cannot believe that the design team did that entire move. Let GM do it if they want.. YUK

there will be a number of customization options available for the Flex - I believe a different grille will be among them.

Igo

I don't think a traditional mini-van is the way to go with the Flex....that's the point: it's the anti-mini-van!

Anyway I thought the old vista roof (or VW windowed roof van) might be cool. I also learned how to easily chop in woodgrain: paste it in, resize for length/perspective, fade it out, erase it to where you don't want it and bingo....it's done! LOL A lot easier than how I was doing it. (Then I copied/pasted/feathered in the door grooves)

BTW If you don't like it, don't get bent outa shape....it's a photochop exercise.

flexwood.jpg

flexgr.jpg

flexwood2.jpg

Edited by timmm55