MKS Ecoboost

timmm55

http://jalopnik.com/351839/2009-lincoln-mk...tted-on-the-101

While it doesn't look any different to me, in the comments below someone who heard it said it made a nice rumble.

Why would it look much different?

I don't see a vent, but, being a mule, they may not want to give anything away....but then again, wouldn't they want to test the vents?

I was reading some of the comments on the bottom of the article, they were talking about the tape with cutouts for the sensors, actually, I think it's a white car with black tape over it, look at the trunk lid, unless it's matte paint, it's not glossy like normal black/paint would be.

Edited by rmc523

• 2 weeks later...
Why would it look much different?

I don't expect it to look different, but I thought it was cool that it "rumbled"......sound is important! I drove a Pontiac Solstice, it sure didn't sound like a sports car should, if you shift by sound(too quiet!!)

I love starting my Mustang in a garage...even a big parking garage.....it rumbles and burbles....sounds great! It's the audio version of potential :happy feet:

just me? But why would they camo a car that has already been released in its full glory in final trim????? maybe too lazy to remove the camo?

Eh, there could be some little tweaks to the fascias and what not that they want to hide. I guess they also want to keep it disguised in case there is a catastrophic failure during testing. Don't think they'd want one of the earliest pictures of the production MKS being a burning test vehicle on the side of the road. :lol:

Eh, there could be some little tweaks to the fascias and what not that they want to hide. I guess they also want to keep it disguised in case there is a catastrophic failure during testing. Don't think they'd want one of the earliest pictures of the production MKS being a burning test vehicle on the side of the road. :lol:

ok, that makes sense to me....however, does that imply they are still tweeking cosmetic fascias or is this perhaps a performance model with said "tweeks"?

I don't expect it to look different, but I thought it was cool that it "rumbled"......sound is important! I drove a Pontiac Solstice, it sure didn't sound like a sports car should, if you shift by sound(too quiet!!)

I love starting my Mustang in a garage...even a big parking garage.....it rumbles and burbles....sounds great! It's the audio version of potential :happy feet:

I see.....I know I love the distinct sound of Mustang driving by. With Mustangs, you don't even need to look to know it's a Mustang. I also loved it when we had one when our Expy was in the shop.

I'd assume it'd perform similarly to the EcoBoost Taurus in that video vs. the STS.

Edited by rmc523

ok, that makes sense to me....however, does that imply they are still tweeking cosmetic fascias or is this perhaps a performance model with said "tweeks"?

Well, if this is an EcoBoost model, it's possible it could have some slight cosmetic upgrades.....I don't know if it's been confirmed, but we all (at least I have) assumed that, for example, the EB model would get fender vents. Possibly some bigger exhaust pipes as well?