GMC Denali XT concept

rmc523

http://www.leftlanenews.com/gmc-denali-xt-concept.html

Well, there it is, to be show at Chicago.

I like it. The only things I don't like are the vent type things under the taillights, the strange exhaust, the non-centered license plate, the one reverse light, and the oversized GMC emblem on the tailgate, so basically the rear needs a little work IMO, but other than that I like it.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/gmc-denali-xt-concept.html

Well, there it is, to be show at Chicago.

I like it. The only things I don't like are the vent type things under the taillights, the strange exhaust, the non-centered license plate, the one reverse light, and the oversized GMC emblem on the tailgate, so basically the rear needs a little work IMO, but other than that I like it.

I honestly had my doubts at first, but, I have to say-- it looks pretty nifty. Could do with a little more car-like shape, though. I know GMC is known for trucks, but a shape more in-line with the Acadia might be a more fitting look.

I honestly had my doubts at first, but, I have to say-- it looks pretty nifty. Could do with a little more car-like shape, though. I know GMC is known for trucks, but a shape more in-line with the Acadia might be a more fitting look.

As you mentioned, GMC is known for it's trucks, and thus the trucky styling. I like what I see except for the few things I listed above. I'd leave the design as it is, except for making it production friendly of course.

Ford wanted to, they could do similar thanks to Falcon based engineering modules.

There's a lot more available to North American engineering departments now.

I like the idea of GM's DI V8 coupled to a dual mode hybrid, I can see this idea spreading

across some of the less fuel efficient models.

Looks good but I wonder what the dimensions of the bed are. If it is Subaru Baja useless then this thing is doomed. If it has a practical and useful bed size then this could really take off. That'd be nice...

A bit of info for you:

This flex-fuel, direct-injected hybrid setup is rated at 326 horsepower, which on the rear-wheel-drive Denali allows for towing capacity of 3,500 lbs and 1,100 pounds of payload capacity. The unit-body trucklet has a 55-inch long by 47.5-inch wide bed in the back. For those times when you need to haul longer stuff, the XT inherits the MidGate setup from the bigger Chevy Avalanche, HUMMER H2 SUT and Cadillac Escalade.

Looks good but I wonder what the dimensions of the bed are. If it is Subaru Baja useless then this thing is doomed. If it has a practical and useful bed size then this could really take off. That'd be nice...

A bit of info for you:

As your quote says, I thought it had the midgate type thing.

GM has taken a page out of the Ridgeline's book if you ask me.........

what a copy that is....... :hysterical::hysterical:

So much for the Ridgeline being inferior................GM's gonna try it out as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :headscratch:

Except it's 1,000,000,000,000,000 times better looking.

I think being a Honda (inexperienced in building trucks) had something to do with Ridgeline's lackluster sales, I think this will do better based on looks alone, also being from GMC, known for trucks, will help as well.

Once again GM is light years ahead of Ford NA when it comes to exterior design in both concept and production vehicles.

They're on a roll, meanwhile Ford is becoming the next Chrysler.

Just a few one hit wonders surrounded by so-so designs.

Yes, except once Ford has finished globalizing it's production and design methods, it will be able to have a whole lineup of "hits" and/or great cars and trucks.

An example of this is Verve/Fiesta. That effort will soon spread to the rest of the lineup.

i dont like it. it looks like a fat chick sat on a Ridgeline. the towing and payload specs are about the same as my Ranger though, so at least there is hope of some utility when they put some more attractive sheetmetal on it.

As I've said before, I like it, but to each his own.

Well, comparing this beast to the Baja, the bed's bigger here, the engine will likely be more suited to truck applications (the high-strung 2.5L Turbo boxer from the Baja turbo was usable, but, still wasn't well suited to the vehicle) and the mid-gate makes it that much more useful. I think it will do much better than the SSR while being a better vehicle overall. Given that the Camaro plant will likely have lots of spare capacity, they'll be glad to have this to build there too.

Well, comparing this beast to the Baja, the bed's bigger here, the engine will likely be more suited to truck applications (the high-strung 2.5L Turbo boxer from the Baja turbo was usable, but, still wasn't well suited to the vehicle) and the mid-gate makes it that much more useful. I think it will do much better than the SSR while being a better vehicle overall. Given that the Camaro plant will likely have lots of spare capacity, they'll be glad to have this to build there too.

I too think it will do substantially better than the SSR. I think there were several problems with the SSR: 1) it had a carpeted bed, and thus couldn't really be used as a truck, and 2) it was a 2 door 2 seater which is not very practical these days, granted it wasnt supposed to be a very practical truck but still. I do believe that in certain applications, a convertible truck (a proper truck of course) could sell well.

Edited by rmc523