Edge ST/facelift?

ds91776

In the Free Press today Mark Phelian (spelled wrong I am sure) says that Ford will show a sporty version of the edge with a new engine and a new transmission. Is this an Edge ST? Will it get an Ecoboost for 2009? Or is this an early intro to the 2010 Edge update? Its strange that I/we heard nothing about this introduction. Anybody have any comments

IMHO, sounds like a MY 2010 up-date. It's the new transmission that makes me think so, because it has to be one of the Ford/Getrag dual-clutch units. Up til now, the only F/G transmissions known for production were for the B-car, with the MKS getting a JV or Jatco transmission cobbled-up to handle extra torque, which is obviously not an optimal solution for performance or reliability.

But then again, I probably am completely wrong. Time will tell.

yes, Ford is showing something related to the Edge in Chicago - I do not know yet WHAT it will be.

but I would trust Phelan - he usually get the info from automakers themselves.

Igor

Are you going to Ford's embargoed Chicago Auto Show preview tomorrow night Igor?

They said they're showing something about a 'new crossover' IIRC.

yes, Ford is showing something related to the Edge in Chicago - I do not know yet WHAT it will be.

but I would trust Phelan - he usually get the info from automakers themselves.

Igor

I don't think we'll have a new powertrain in it. It'll have a body kit, 22s, and a sporty suspension, but I don't think a whole lot else.

Swizco

I don't think we'll have a new powertrain in it. It'll have a body kit, 22s, and a sporty suspension, but I don't think a whole lot else.

Swizco

unfortunately i believe that would be the case too....but without the 22's

although i would love to see a powertrain upgrade...isn't the Edge the #1 selling crossover? or close to it....if so Ford might be willing to make more options for it and maybe this new powertrain will be available standard on the MKX

In the Free Press today Mark Phelian (spelled wrong I am sure) says that Ford will show a sporty version of the edge with a new engine and a new transmission. Is this an Edge ST? Will it get an Ecoboost for 2009? Or is this an early intro to the 2010 Edge update? Its strange that I/we heard nothing about this introduction. Anybody have any comments

I'm excited to hear/see the news when it comes out.

Here's an Edge ST though, except a 2 door.

post-28332-1202091401_thumb.jpg

post-28332-1202091411_thumb.jpg