F-150 Pre-Game Super Bowl ad

rmc523

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope you aren't talking about the F150. its pretty much the consensus that you will not find a better truck interior.

I'm talking about the commercial itself...That you won't find them talking about interior quality, since they are targeting the tough/butch/worker crowd which is more concerned about what the truck is capable of, not the toys inside.

No, I'm not saying that the interior lacks quality, since it's the benchmark in it's class for it.

I'm talking about the commercial itself...That you won't find them talking about interior quality, since they are targeting the tough/butch/worker crowd which is more concerned about what the truck is capable of, not the toys inside.

No, I'm not saying that the interior lacks quality, since it's the benchmark in it's class for it.

Sorry, got it now :).

Looks like the hired the same ad agency that does those over the top Tundra commercials.............

Nice try but in the Ford commercials they say "Actual demonstration", whereas in the Tundra commercials, they gotta add disclaimers in the bottom stating otherwise ;)

Nice try but in the Ford commercials they say "Actual demonstration", whereas in the Tundra commercials, they gotta add disclaimers in the bottom stating otherwise ;)

Those little disclaimers are so funny. lol. :hysterical:

Ford should run a comercial that says "Unlike some brands, our commercials aren't staged." or maybe "unlike some brands our tailgates don't fail off." :hysterical:

Edited by ray101988

Nothing wrong with the Toyota tailgates, I'm sure their engineers in Japan fully tested them with their weight (lack thereof) and it passed THEIR tests...Now, for the Americans and how we abuse things, we can't have tailgates made out of tin :)

I saw a few of those commercials on the Ford site...pretty interesting overall, and I'm sure it grabs the attention of the intended viewing audience. Keyword is rugged and tough...you won't find anything in there about interior quality, or other luxuries :)

Wasn't the Tundra designed here in the States?

Like catching a semi trailer (or whatever it was) that was pushed off a cliff? :redcard:

ok. That one by Toyota is silly, but tell me that doesn't impress the average Joe. They will think "wow, the Tundra is a brute, did you see it tug the diesel container out of the canyon". The F-150 swinging by tow hooks or swerving through cones doesn't compute to Brawn. We all know the importance of shock placement and frame strength but the general public is more wow'd by large in your face items. Like large I beams swinging or an oversized teeter totter ;)

Ford needs to copy the Toyota maneur bag commercial but stop when they reach the payload Toyota was was showing and say "most trucks stop here" then continue to load the F-150 bed until it reaches the max payload and say "the F-150 has the most payload capacity of any 1/2 ton truck". Then consumers can see what the extra 600lbs(or whatever it is) actually equates to and can apply it in real life situations. That too might help explain to people why the bed is so deep, so it can haul more goods.

And therein lies the Tundra's first problem....................

Exactly, because the T100 was one of the most successful Toyotas of all time, and besides, why would you want to do something so stupid as to design and engineer a vehicle in the country where it is primarily used. And by 'primarily', I mean hardly sold anywhere else.

Edited by RichardJensen

Ford needs to copy the Toyota maneur bag commercial but stop when they reach the payload Toyota was was showing and say "most trucks stop here" then continue to load the F-150 bed until it reaches the max payload and say "the F-150 has the most payload capacity of any 1/2 ton truck". Then consumers can see what the extra 600lbs(or whatever it is) actually equates to and can apply it in real life situations. That too might help explain to people why the bed is so deep, so it can haul more goods.

Ford does not, as a general rule, refer to other truck companies in their ads. It's the privilege of the front runner to publicly (but not privately) ignore the competition.

The Ford response to the 'ton of manure' commercial was the "big honking leaf springs" commercial which touted Ford's 3950lb payload package.

The Ford response to the trailering commercials was the one where Mike Rowe goes up to the camera and says, "Now how are you going to drive two trucks at once?" That one, I believe did mention the Chevy by name (or at least showed two Chevys in the background).

Actually, I think that Toyota's real life demonstrations of the Tundra's capabilities spurred Ford's agency to an "anything you can do I can do better" approach which stresses the numerous areas where Ford is superior to Toyota (basically everything but hp/torque, and that only if you ignore the HD special editions which, IMO, you should).

ok. That one by Toyota is silly, but tell me that doesn't impress the average Joe. They will think "wow, the Tundra is a brute, did you see it tug the diesel container out of the canyon". The F-150 swinging by tow hooks or swerving through cones doesn't compute to Brawn. We all know the importance of shock placement and frame strength but the general public is more wow'd by large in your face items. Like large I beams swinging or an oversized teeter totter ;)

Ford does not, as a general rule, refer to other truck companies in their ads. It's the privilege of the front runner to publicly (but not privately) ignore the competition.

The Ford response to the 'ton of manure' commercial was the "big honking leaf springs" commercial which touted Ford's 3950lb payload package.

The Ford response to the trailering commercials was the one where Mike Rowe goes up to the camera and says, "Now how are you going to drive two trucks at once?" That one, I believe did mention the Chevy by name (or at least showed two Chevys in the background).

Actually, I think that Toyota's real life demonstrations of the Tundra's capabilities spurred Ford's agency to an "anything you can do I can do better" approach which stresses the numerous areas where Ford is superior to Toyota (basically everything but hp/torque, and that only if you ignore the HD special editions which, IMO, you should).

I was going to say, I though Ford did some commercials like that.

I'd like to see more though.

Exactly, because the T100 was one of the most successful Toyotas of all time, and besides, why would you want to do something so stupid as to design and engineer a vehicle in the country where it is primarily used. And by 'primarily', I mean hardly sold anywhere else.

Is it sold anywhere else?

Yeah. You can get mostly SDs around the world, but I think for the most part they're previous generation stock built at Cuautitlan with old tooling.

I'm confused....I was talking about Tundras, asking if they're sold around the world, are you talking about Tundras as well? You said SDs, you mean Super Duties right? Sorry if there was confusion.

Nice idea for a commercial. Of course, only a retard will tow that much in ANY 1/2 ton......................

Actually, I think that Toyota's real life demonstrations of the Tundra's capabilities spurred Ford's agency to an "anything you can do I can do better" approach

I thought and said the same thing above. I dont really remember seeing F-150 ads like the swinging centrifuge one until the over the top Tundra ones.

Here is another super bowl Audi ad, l have got say that l would prefer an F-150 to any bland boring Audi every time.

http://www.truthinengineering.com/exclusive-preview/

That R8 is a beautiful supercar! Nothing Ford makes can compare to it! NOTHING!