Do we have any takers for buyouts?

fantasyfrank

Just wondering if we can get an idea plant by plant on how many people plan on taking the buyout. At ACH/Indy, most people I've talked to are not going to take the buyout...not even the "old timers". Anybody at any other plants have an idea on how many people are talking about leaving or staying?

At Sheldon Rd. we had a relative handful of pipefitters, millwrights and machine repair take the buyout. I myself turned it down at the last minute due to a divorce situation, and the fact that I would probably end up having to go back to work and am not ready to relocate out-of-state at this time. I think in total for trades about 6% of total will end up taking it, say around 6 total. Have no idea how many non-skilled bit, but we have only a relative handful of those guys left anyways, maybe 100-200 tops?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At Sheldon Rd. we had a relative handful of pipefitters, millwrights and machine repair take the buyout. I myself turned it down at the last minute due to a divorce situation, and the fact that I would probably end up having to go back to work and am not ready to relocate out-of-state at this time. I think in total for trades about 6% of total will end up taking it, say around 6 total. Have no idea how many non-skilled bit, but we have only a relative handful of those guys left anyways, maybe 100-200 tops?

Just curious...why does it have to be skilled and non-skilled. Each and every production worker arguably has skills. It would be nice if our brothers and sisters could refer to production members as production members!!

You chicken shit you....LOL...wait til I see you...oh, gonna have to wait til this TLO is over with. Hey John, how many signed up total at SRP ? any idea ?? Six trades total huh ?? A week ago it was only 9 but I heard 2 of you fitters were signing up late. PC said we got about 325-350 Ford ee's total. Any Valeo news yet ??

You chicken shit you....LOL...wait til I see you...oh, gonna have to wait til this TLO is over with. Hey John, how many signed up total at SRP ? any idea ?? Six trades total huh ?? A week ago it was only 9 but I heard 2 of you fitters were signing up late. PC said we got about 325-350 Ford ee's total. Any Valeo news yet ??

No Valeo news, doesn't look good, those froggies aren't budging on the wages. Was told today that we had a total of 30 takers for the packages, 20 production and 10 trades.

Union had another conference call today. Was told by the ST rep that 4300 or so took an offer. His breakdown was approximate (he should write things down) so don't hold me to the exact numbers. 3000 or so in Ford and the rest in ACH. Of these numbers 900 Ford trades and 300 or so in ACH. No breakdown of locations. I have to believe there will be some movement, even for the trades. Stay tuned for the next exciting episode.

Union had another conference call today. Was told by the ST rep that 4300 or so took an offer. His breakdown was approximate (he should write things down) so don't hold me to the exact numbers. 3000 or so in Ford and the rest in ACH. Of these numbers 900 Ford trades and 300 or so in ACH. No breakdown of locations. I have to believe there will be some movement, even for the trades. Stay tuned for the next exciting episode.

at wixom 4 trades and 22 production took the buy, after april 7 only skilled trades will be left at wixom, all left over production are being forced to aai or dtp

the local put out the word in the kansas city star of only 112 had signed to take one of the buy outs. that is along way from the 600 wanted.

Mike

Just started signing up at KCAP but only 8 signed up the first day. All of them were production.

Just wondering if we can get an idea plant by plant on how many people plan on taking the buyout. At ACH/Indy, most people I've talked to are not going to take the buyout...not even the "old timers". Anybody at any other plants have an idea on how many people are talking about leaving or staying?

Just thought I would refresh an existing thread, in order to see if someone had the TOTAL number on the recent buyout program. Here's an excerpt of a recent article:

Ford's buyout goal falls short

Last update: 9:22 p.m. EDT March 20, 2008

DEARBORN, Mich., Mar 20, 2008 (UPI via COMTEX) -- Ford Motor Co. has reportedly failed to entice thousands of its hourly workers to accept buyout offers.

The Detroit News reported that in a speech Wednesday, Ford Chief Executive Alan Mulally said there are "other levers" the automaker can pull to downsize its North American manufacturing operations.

"We have a lot of different mechanisms to keep right-sizing the place," Mulally said during a speech at the Morgan Stanley Global Automotive Conference in New York.

Although Mulally did not specify what Ford may do to further trim its work force, a source told the newspaper the company might offer targeted buyouts.

Ford had hoped between 8,000 and 10,000 hourly employees would sign up for one of the buyout packages it began offering a month ago, but as of last week only about 2,000 workers had taken the company up on its offer, the newspaper said.

Anyone got the TOTAL number?

Thanks.

Just thought I would refresh an existing thread, in order to see if someone had the TOTAL number on the recent buyout program. Here's an excerpt of a recent article:

Ford's buyout goal falls short

Last update: 9:22 p.m. EDT March 20, 2008

DEARBORN, Mich., Mar 20, 2008 (UPI via COMTEX) -- Ford Motor Co. has reportedly failed to entice thousands of its hourly workers to accept buyout offers.

The Detroit News reported that in a speech Wednesday, Ford Chief Executive Alan Mulally said there are "other levers" the automaker can pull to downsize its North American manufacturing operations.

"We have a lot of different mechanisms to keep right-sizing the place," Mulally said during a speech at the Morgan Stanley Global Automotive Conference in New York.

Although Mulally did not specify what Ford may do to further trim its work force, a source told the newspaper the company might offer targeted buyouts.

Ford had hoped between 8,000 and 10,000 hourly employees would sign up for one of the buyout packages it began offering a month ago, but as of last week only about 2,000 workers had taken the company up on its offer, the newspaper said.

Anyone got the TOTAL number?

Thanks.

Good info....I have one question though. What does a "targeted buyout" mean? Certain facilitys...certain age groups? Can anybody help?

Good info....I have one question though. What does a "targeted buyout" mean? Certain facilitys...certain age groups? Can anybody help?

Targeted means an offer made only to a certain classification, plant or to a certain group that is or has excess. For example, if we had 300 extra pipefitters, a targeted buyout with unique terms tailored to this groups needs could be made to attempt to eliminate the excess 300.

Targeted means an offer made only to a certain classification, plant or to a certain group that is or has excess. For example, if we had 300 extra pipefitters, a targeted buyout with unique terms tailored to this groups needs could be made to attempt to eliminate the excess 300.
Or we have 1000 people who lost their time back in the 70's...the same time that other people got back but for some reason we didn't, and here is your time to get to 28yrs to bridge you to 30yrs..could this be a "targeted buyout"? Hmmm???? :)

Or we have 1000 people who lost their time back in the 70's...the same time that other people got back but for some reason we didn't, and here is your time to get to 28yrs to bridge you to 30yrs..could this be a "targeted buyout"? Hmmm???? :)

Keep your eye's, fingers, arms legs and toe's crossed fatfrank. I really do not think that would be targeted. It would be have to be a whole open window period again for all in order to do that I think. Maybe not, but I don't know how that would be targeted. I think that would just be a regular offer.....too many to be targeted. hang in there....hopefully they will work something out. Hell if they give me 19 yrs I will go also!!