Why are you all obsessed with Toyota's?

TStag

Even if they are addressing the problem it should have never been put in to the launch of a new product!!!!!!! Once you lose the customer there lost!!

If someone bases a WHOLE car transaction on the design of a head unit their priorities border on distorted priorities....car is FANTASTIC but I bought X because of the stereo head-unit?????????

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If someone bases a WHOLE car transaction on the design of a head unit their priorities border on distorted priorities....car is FANTASTIC but I bought X because of the stereo head-unit?????????

Why its there reason, even if you think its distorted!! Why would anyone buy a new product with old tech in it??? 38k for a Edge or 38k for a Acaida I'll take the Acaida. The 38k comes from my dealership its what was on the last Edge I looked at.

Why would anyone buy a new product with old tech in it???

Sorry, but that's not "tech". It's just two different ways of presenting the controls to the driver (a monolithic brick or buttons poking through the bezel). The "tech" behind the controls is essentially the same in either case.

And just for the record, I don't like the brick either but not for "tech" reasons.

Edited by TomServo92

Why its there reason, even if you think its distorted!! Why would anyone buy a new product with old tech in it??? 38k for a Edge or 38k for a Acaida I'll take the Acaida. The 38k comes from my dealership its what was on the last Edge I looked at.

comes down to ones priorities...I would take an edge over an Acaida ( Al-caida?????) in a heartbeat evn if the head unit ( never seen one in an Acaida so I can't give an opinion )...and my taste obviously corresponds with what the public thinks a s well...and 38K????? Limited AWD with Nav and roof??????? in which case brick is GONE! And PS I think the Acaida is a nice design as well...just prefer the Edge from a design standpoint...once again MY taste

Yo mamma needs here eyes checked!

she never had he Bi-focals, it was dark, Black interior...it was braile....she drew the conclusion because the controls were roughly in the same position on the dash......and i for one LAUD Fords ergonomics....everything is pretty much in the same position as it was 10 years ago...GOOD ergonomics don't need revamps.

Edited by Deanh

an opinion for sure...doesn't bother me, infact from an ergonomic standpoint at least it is easier to use than some of the high tech, button bound, take your eyes off the road astheticlly "superior" bling in others dash's.....PLUS, a consumer can EASILY upgrade to an Eclipse, Pioneer, Alpine if they so desire, unlike the new "button thru " designs.....and PS I thought we were talking about exterior design?

Ok, when you said

NONE of the imports set the world of stylistic on its ear...if anything they are kings of bland.......

Give us some examples of the current Ford EXTERIOR designs here in the USA that are setting the stylist of the world on their ears!

Ok, when you said

NONE of the imports set the world of stylistic on its ear...if anything they are kings of bland.......

Give us some examples of the current Ford EXTERIOR designs here in the USA that are setting the stylist of the world on their ears!

never said they set the world on fire either...you just jumped the gun and went into an instant cheerleader attack.....Fusion IS getting long in the tooth....the whole segment right now is BLAH! Malibu probably the most inspiring...weven WITH a butt ugly rear end.....

not sure I agree, if anything NONE of the imports set the world of stylistic on its ear...if anything they are kings of bland....it is their reputation that moves their inventory. Fords ace up the sleeve may actually be the styling trends to come..ie Fiesta / verve...and TOTALLY dis-agree with your synopsis of the Edge...its sales screa "the public has spoken"...it IS an obvious stylistic sucess....Focus...wheres the bucket?

then your revised......

never said they set the world on fire either...you just jumped the gun and went into an instant cheerleader attack.....Fusion IS getting long in the tooth....the whole segment right now is BLAH! Malibu probably the most inspiring...weven WITH a butt ugly rear end.....

So did you mean to say..... even FORD is the king of bland?

Edited by guesswhoscomingtodinner

not trying to argue...but i DO have 20 years in the business so i DO have a tad more insight on certain topics...especially those pertaining DIRECTLY to my job.....not meaning to rip, just trying to educate, you are a tough student little Grasshopper.

I never changed my position on the other topic, and neither will you. We'll save that for the other thread though. ;) Allot of times my worst enemy on one topic is my best allie on another!

One item could be the "straw that breaks the camel's back".

I guess my decision making process is different. I bought a Fusion even though I didn't like the brick radio and the location of the HVAC control because I liked the overall package. In fact, I've never bought a car that I liked 100%. There was always something. The cars I decided not to buy are the ones that had many somethings.

It's worse than just cars and Ford. Too many Americans lately hate anything American, it's really sick if you think about that.

Ask a Toyota owner why he didn't buy an American car and half of them will say "I'll never buy any American car" and the other half will say "I did, my Camry was built in America." Toyota has the unique position of satisfying both America haters and "made in USA" buyers.

To one person the Camry/Tundra or whatever is from a Japanese company so it's perfect (regardless of it's problems) and others defend their treason by pointing out it happened to be assembled here (for marketing purposes only). If you provide them with hard facts that Ford or GM are building vehicles that are proven to be equal or better than their Toyota they get defensive which leads to some exagerated horror story about some American car they owned years ago.

Talk about style, if Ford built shit looking vehicles like the Yaris or Tundra they would be laughed off the lot, but Toyzilla gets another "pass."

It's worse than just cars and Ford. Too many Americans lately hate anything American, it's really sick if you think about that.

Ask a Toyota owner why he didn't buy an American car and half of them will say "I'll never buy any American car" and the other half will say "I did, my Camry was built in America." Toyota has the unique position of satisfying both America haters and "made in USA" buyers.

To one person the Camry/Tundra or whatever is from a Japanese company so it's perfect (regardless of it's problems) and others defend their treason by pointing out it happened to be assembled here (for marketing purposes only). If you provide them with hard facts that Ford or GM are building vehicles that are proven to be equal or better than their Toyota they get defensive which leads to some exagerated horror story about some American car they owned years ago.

Talk about style, if Ford built shit looking vehicles like the Yaris or Tundra they would be laughed off the lot, but Toyzilla gets another "pass."

Oh my...since I was last on here,the domestic crybabies have been soiling their little diapers again, because of the simple fact that Toyotas and Hondas still reign supreme and unless GM and Ford get their act together, they will always be far behind............. :baby::baby::baby:

Simple fact is...Toyotas and Hondas have higher quality..it's only now that the domestics are trying to catch up..........long way to go yet people.....why do you think that Toyota and Honda MAKE billions and the GMs and Fords LOSE billions? You tell me........... :yahoo::yahoo:

Again... another perfect example of why we have "Super-Delegates" that elect our Presidents instead of the general public.

"...treason..." :hysterical::banghead:

You need to get your facts stright.... :shades:

Edited by mettech

Oh my...since I was last on here,the domestic crybabies have been soiling their little diapers again, because of the simple fact that Toyotas and Hondas still reign supreme and unless GM and Ford get their act together, they will always be far behind............. :baby::baby::baby:

Simple fact is...Toyotas and Hondas have higher quality..it's only now that the domestics are trying to catch up..........long way to go yet people.....why do you think that Toyota and Honda MAKE billions and the GMs and Fords LOSE billions? You tell me........... :yahoo::yahoo:

Maybe you should read Consumer Report....Toyota no longer gets an automatic recommendation LOL. And there are 9 Fords on the recommended list. Toyota has been recycling their platforms for years, the cars are getting more and more boring. AND they've ditched ever car I thought was interesting: Supra, MR2, Celica.

Toyota's lack of recent quality and growth will bite them in the back.

Nothing "supreme" about Toyota. They made a (usually) good tin can. Reigns come to an end.....theirs will too. It's down hill from here!

Again... another perfect example of why we have "Super-Delegates" that elect our Presidents instead of the general public.

"...treason..." :hysterical::banghead:

You need to get your facts stright.... :shades:

Oh yea we have had outstanding presidents lately haven't we.

Glad you caught that, I threw that in for effect, would have disappointed had it slipped by.

But you missed the point.

I'm refering to Americans who will not buy American cars simply because they are built by Americans. The fact that domestic vehicles are often better than the foreign competition will not change their minds.

Plenty of car makers make rubbish cars yet you are all obsessed with Toyota and Chrysler. I know Toyota and Chrysler's are boring (and I wouldn't be seen dead in one) but this board seems to love talking Toyota and Chrysler. Why?

Fixed for accuracy. :reading:

Easy - those two companies are the biggest threat to Ford North America.

Chrysler? Huh? The only ones they're a threat to is their investors.

Maybe you should read Consumer Report....Toyota no longer gets an automatic recommendation LOL. And there are 9 Fords on the recommended list. Toyota has been recycling their platforms for years, the cars are getting more and more boring. AND they've ditched ever car I thought was interesting: Supra, MR2, Celica.

Toyota's lack of recent quality and growth will bite them in the back.

Nothing "supreme" about Toyota. They made a (usually) good tin can. Reigns come to an end.....theirs will too. It's down hill from here!

Ford is still behind, though not too far and hopefully not for long. What I keep hearing from people now is, "oh these surveys are only after 3 years of ownership - they last fine for a few years but they won't hold up over 15 years". Unfortunately it'll take 15 years to see one way or another -- and those kinds of opinions are based on cars from the mid 90's, which doesn't help much right now.

others defend their treason

Treason?? LOL!! Some of you cheerleaders kill me!!

Truer words have never been spoken but the cheerleaders will not listen. They will instead flame you! Hope you have your suit on!

Treason?? LOL!! Some of you cheerleaders kill me!!

Truer words have never been spoken but the cheerleaders will not listen. They will instead flame you! Hope you have your suit on!

I have toned it down a bit since tho..........I'll give the domestics a chance...they just have to prove it that they are making quality gains(both short term and long term) before I consider them......past bad experiences with domestic service departments that's all............

I like the Verve/Fiesta by the way......would maybe consider that.........and maybe an F150 as well.

I have toned it down a bit since tho..........I'll give the domestics a chance...they just have to prove it that they are making quality gains(both short term and long term) before I consider them......past bad experiences with domestic service departments that's all............

I like the Verve/Fiesta by the way......would maybe consider that.........and maybe an F150 as well.

Good to hear. That's all Ford asks, to be given a chance and to prove themselves. I think you'll be impressed in the changes FoMoCo has made already....but the future changes will be remarkable.

Good to hear. That's all Ford asks, to be given a chance and to prove themselves. I think you'll be impressed in the changes FoMoCo has made already....but the future changes will be remarkable.

Yeah I'm not as bad as some people think............gonna be at least a couple more years yet before I consider something new again....still like my Hondas, but I will be keeping an eye on domestics from the past few years to see how they turn out, so there is some hope yet.... :shades:

So I have toned it down, just so everyone knows, and now personally, I think that the domestics do deserve a fair opinion....sorry that I pissed off a lot of people here.... :beerchug: