R T O NUMBERS (SCAM)

dunkin

NOW the latest scam is plant R T O NUMBERS , many plants in michigan are working some trades overtime sat sun and 7 12s but they say their rto numbers do not permit openings for gen (jsp) tradesmen . just another company scam to prevent openings for trades!!!!!!

NOW the latest scam is plant R T O NUMBERS , many plants in michigan are working some trades overtime sat sun and 7 12s but they say their rto numbers do not permit openings for gen (jsp) tradesmen . just another company scam to prevent openings for trades!!!!!!

This may sound dumb to you ....what does RTO stand for? I have 32 years and don't recall ever hearing that acronym.

Or, they are putting Electricians on that transferred as production people.

*cough* *cough* *DTP* *Livonia* *cough* *cough*

Any idea what plant(s) they transferred from ? I didnt think that you EL's needed to go as production. Maybe these 2 have someone looking out for them if you know what I mean.

I hear they came from the maumee Plant and it was after the flowback and before the new CBA was completed. They did not give up their trade, but were asked if they wanted to go as production. thye got there and then they needed electricians. They were signed up to flow as electricians from the original list, but were never moved.

I hear they came from the maumee Plant and it was after the flowback and before the new CBA was completed. They did not give up their trade, but were asked if they wanted to go as production. thye got there and then they needed electricians. They were signed up to flow as electricians from the original list, but were never moved.

I also heard that they were from Maumee, but I was told that they gave up their trade to flow as production, and were recalled to Electrician before Flowback was completed, thus taking two spots that should have been filled by Electricians still waiting on the list. Even if it happened they way you described, they should have remained on production until ALL Electricians on the list for Zone1 were placed.

Either way, it doesn't matter. The "Good 'Ol Boy" system will cover it up. It will be like it never happened.

I also heard that they were from Maumee, but I was told that they gave up their trade to flow as production, and were recalled to Electrician before Flowback was completed, thus taking two spots that should have been filled by Electricians still waiting on the list. Even if it happened they way you described, they should have remained on production until ALL Electricians on the list for Zone1 were placed.

Either way, it doesn't matter. The "Good 'Ol Boy" system will cover it up. It will be like it never happened.

Edited by whereswaldo

I am being told that they did not give up their trade.....the old list was done Sept. 1st!!

Why would you say good ol boys??? They came from maumee who would they know at Livonia to do this?

I really don't know what there seniority was, but wasn't the electrician list exhausted?

but wasn't the electrician list exhausted?

The list was not exhausted. There were approx. 20 Electricians left for Zone1. I was number 7.

In order to flow as a production worker you must give your trade up. If you give your trade up, no matter what the date, you go to the back of the line. Somehow they got a "fast pass" to the front, leapfrogging the rest of the ACH/GEN Electricians. Even if it didn't go to a flowback EL, why wasn't the positions posted at the GEN locations?

The list was not exhausted. There were approx. 20 Electricians left for Zone1. I was number 7.

In order to flow as a production worker you must give your trade up. If you give your trade up, no matter what the date, you go to the back of the line. Somehow they got a "fast pass" to the front, leapfrogging the rest of the ACH/GEN Electricians. Even if it didn't go to a flowback EL, why wasn't the positions posted at the GEN locations?

Are you currently working or are you currently in GEN (JSP)?

Doesnt matter. If he was working so was the Maumee guy. He should have went b-4 any production was brought back to a trade(EL)

Hey waldfk it does matter....he/she came from a closed plant and did not give up their trade. I am not saying I agree or disagree but there was no violation. The I-Union did not want to let anyone give up their trade. They needed people at these other locations and they agree to go and work on the line. They were signed up for a transfer as a tradesperson but none was available. So instead of sitting in GEN they volunteered to work as production. The maumee guys were not working they were in GEN and again this was in between the flowback and contract...flowback was done Sept. 1st contract was not ratified until Nov.!

Hey waldfk it does matter....he/she came from a closed plant and did not give up their trade. I am not saying I agree or disagree but there was no violation. The I-Union did not want to let anyone give up their trade. They needed people at these other locations and they agree to go and work on the line. They were signed up for a transfer as a tradesperson but none was available. So instead of sitting in GEN they volunteered to work as production. The maumee guys were not working they were in GEN and again this was in between the flowback and contract...flowback was done Sept. 1st contract was not ratified until Nov.!

Edited by whereswaldo

So, in other words, they gave up their trade to work production. They should have not been allowed to go back, and should have been advised of that. I wonder if the fact that one is a woman played into that decision. :shades:

At the very least, before they were allowed to go back to their trade, there should have been a rec posted at all GEN pools of the need for two Electricians. At the most, the next two Electricians on the flowback list should have been offered the positions.

Your definition/attitude is the "Good 'Ol Boy" view. Of course, considering the source, I am not surprised.

So, in other words, they gave up their trade to work production. They should have not been allowed to go back, and should have been advised of that. I wonder if the fact that one is a woman played into that decision. :shades:

At the very least, before they were allowed to go back to their trade, there should have been a rec posted at all GEN pools of the need for two Electricians. At the most, the next two Electricians on the flowback list should have been offered the positions.

Your definition/attitude is the "Good 'Ol Boy" view. Of course, considering the source, I am not surprised.

What do you mean considering the source asshole....

The flowback expired, so there was no next on the flowback list!! As far as posting it at the facilities that have GEN, I didn't say I agree or disagree with that decision, but either way we were told they did not give up their trade. I don't know what their seniority is, so maybe they did go in line of flowback???? Maybe someone told them that they didn't have to give up their seniority thinking that they were not going to put anyone on until after the agreement...I don't know, but whenever there is something you do not agree with you assume that there is something shady going on or somebody is against you and what you stand for. Maybe you have paranoid schizophrenia. :eek5: You should probably get that checked out!! Good luck with that.

Both Electricians were woman. They were not asked to go to production. They signed up for the postings for production voluntarily, one RTBU at AAI & the other production at DTP. They were working as Elec. at that time. Not in JSP. We were told trades that went to production would be placed back to their trade by Seniority. Not put to the back of the line. We have two Elec. that were in JSP & still are when these Elec. were taken from production and put back to their trade.

Terry, If there was even a hint of transparency to the entire process along with other issues, you's people wouldnt get such a backlash. You give the good ole rah rah rah at same time as you's people grind members under your boot heel. Like he said, Terry, condsider the source .....asshole !

Why are you calling me Terry asshole?

What are you talking about transparency?? Did they post in all ACH plants what number those wishing to leave were and again...what part of the flowback was done Sept 1st did you get? What do you mean by "you's people" you fkin pig!

Edited by Captain723

There were a number of trades from KCAP that gave up their trade and transferred to KCAP as production. They are still on the line and no way to get them back in their trade until all GEN/JSP/Flowback are placed. I feel extremely sorry for them. I hope their reps in St. Louis explained this all to them before they transferred to KCAP.