2009 Explorer dates

06/23/2008 2009 Explorer USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) Opens

07/17/2008 2009 Explorer Scheduling Begins

08/18/2008 2009 Explorer Job #1 Production Start

Sweet. That fits my timeline to buy one then. Can I use X plan when ordering or do I have to take from dealer stock? Is there an order guide out yet for the 09's? Thanks Ice for the dates.

The dealer was giving me a great deal on an 06 today but I want a AWD/4WD. So no deal today.

Gib

Sweet. That fits my timeline to buy one then. Can I use X plan when ordering or do I have to take from dealer stock? Is there an order guide out yet for the 09's? Thanks Ice for the dates.

The dealer was giving me a great deal on an 06 today but I want a AWD/4WD. So no deal today.

Gib

You should be able to order under the X Plan without any problem. Explorer sales have been tracking down for several years now so there's little chance of sales restrictions.

Traditionally the official vehicle order guides are released to dealers on or about the date that the Unscheduled Order Bank opens. I will upload a copy of the 2009 Explorer Order Guide when it becomes available.

• 2 months later...
Any updates on new upgrades/options for the 2009s? A local dealer informed me they are no longer taking 08 orders.

As long as a Dealer has allocation, 2008 Explorer's can be ordered until 06/27/2008 or until the model line is balanced out, whichever comes first. The 2009 Explorer Order Bank opens on 06/23/2008 with scheduling starting 07/17/2008 and Job #1 on 08/18/2008. The order guides are usually released to Dealers on or about the date that the Unscheduled Order Bank opens. I haven't heard anything about changes for the 2009 MY Explorer series. Unfortunately with the price of gas, Explorer sales have been dropping each month and we're buying almost none from Ford now as we still have plenty of stock. Right now, even though I have no upcoming allocation for "balance out" I could get 2008 EXplorer's scheduled just by calling our Ford representative. Our Ford representative called last Friday looking for us to buy Explorer's because Dealers are turning down the Explorer "balance out" allocation offered.

I'll upload the 2009 Explorer Order Guide as soon as it becomes available.

Thank you for the update, ice. Do you think there might be a chance Ford would drop the prices on '09s, in light of the falling Explorer sales?

Unfortunately, the chances of Ford reducing prices on the 2009 Explorer are somewhere between slim and none! They'll probably try to keep the "Pre-Intro" price increase to a minimum initially but if sales keep dropping due to gas prices and the trend toward the new crossovers they'll just cut production further to keep inventories balanced with revised sales forecasts.

Ford increases vehicle prices on a regular basis throughout the Model Year with the usual explanation/justification that the prices are to help the Company remain competitive. God forbid they produce a better quality vehicle than the competition and use lower prices as an additional tool to increase sales!

• 2 weeks later...
any word on sugnifigant changes for the Ex in 09?

Hi, I just read in the April Consumers Report that "interior updates have not improved fit and finish, although Ford has has revised the awkward interior door-pull handle".

I assume this is the ONLY interior change.

This may be covered elsewhere, but since tofer asked--i posted :)

I'd like to know about other changes too. We're trying to decide between a 2009 Explorer (we really are Ford folks), GMC Acadia, or Toyota Highlander non-hybrid. We like the "real" 4x4 vs the sideways engine/FWD with a little bit of power to the rear wheels. But our 04 EB Explorer is not very comfortable to drive and we want something which looks different. We pull a 3800lb boat, so the smaller rigs don't go over 3500lbs.

ron

Hi, I just read in the April Consumers Report that "interior updates have not improved fit and finish, although Ford has has revised the awkward interior door-pull handle".

I assume this is the ONLY interior change.

This may be covered elsewhere, but since tofer asked--i posted :)

I'd like to know about other changes too. We're trying to decide between a 2009 Explorer (we really are Ford folks), GMC Acadia, or Toyota Highlander non-hybrid. We like the "real" 4x4 vs the sideways engine/FWD with a little bit of power to the rear wheels. But our 04 EB Explorer is not very comfortable to drive and we want something which looks different. We pull a 3800lb boat, so the smaller rigs don't go over 3500lbs.

ron

Ours is very comfortable in the EB trim... i bet you can get a HECK of a deal now too!

I work at explorer plant. u can order at anytime. Ford is also going to build 2010 explorer also.

So are you saying that the 2010 Explorer will be BOF? Do you know if they will keep building the Mountaineer into 2010 as well? I have a 2006 Mountaineer. I was going to hold on to it until the last year of BOF Mountaineers (if that is the case) or the last year that they build them. Do you think that will be soon or will I be holding on to my Mountaineer for a LONG TIME? I hope the latter is the case. I would also hope by 2010, that Explorers/Mountaineers would offer the rear view camera and a power rear hatch as options.

Thanks,

dusMerc

Edited by dusMerc

So are you saying that the 2010 Explorer will be BOF? Do you know if they will keep building the Mountaineer into 2010 as well? I have a 2006 Mountaineer. I was going to hold on to it until the last year of BOF Mountaineers (if that is the case) or the last year that they build them. Do you think that will be soon or will I be holding on to my Mountaineer for a LONG TIME? I hope the latter is the case. I would also hope by 2010, that Explorers/Mountaineers would offer the rear view camera and a power rear hatch as options.

Thanks,

dusMerc

The 2009 model year is the last year for the BOF Explorer. UNless they change their mind.

• 4 weeks later...

Is there any new News about production dates for Explorer 2009's? I see the Order Form is available and has a list of changes. Thanks for posting it Ice-Capades.

We have 2 SUV's on our list--a LTD Explorer and a Toyota Highlander. We're waiting on the 09's and then we'll decide.

Ron

Edited by rondi

Is there any new News about production dates for Explorer 2009's? I see the Order Form is available and has a list of changes. Thanks for posting it Ice-Capades.

We have 2 SUV's on our list--a LTD Explorer and a Toyota Highlander. We're waiting on the 09's and then we'll decide.

Ron

The only date that's changed is the Job #1 date which is now listed as 08/13/2008.