Ford Looking at Worst Sales Year in a Decade

mlhm5

Amazing how much more fun it is to read when you block out the trolls, isn't it?

I think I'm getting this:

BON Troll: (definition) Supporting actual Ford platforms like the Mustang, Ranger, and Panther makes you a troll.

BON :cheerleader: (definition) Undying support of the Mazda Fusion and the Volvo Taurus, while nitpicking about the ancient styling of the 3 year old FORD Mustang with it's cheap interior, ignoring the FORD Ranger in Ford-esque proportions is peachy, while damning their best overall sedan, the FORD Panther platform.

Makes sense to me! :finger:

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BON Troll: (definition) Supporting actual Ford platforms like the Mustang, Ranger, and Panther makes you a troll.

BON :cheerleader: (definition) Undying support of the Mazda Fusion and the Volvo Taurus, while nitpicking about the ancient styling of the 3 year old FORD Mustang with it's cheap interior, ignoring the FORD Ranger in Ford-esque proportions is peachy, while damning their best overall sedan, the FORD Panther platform.

Not me...I am a REAL cheerleader. I blindly support ALL of Ford's platforms because they are the best in the world.

Edited by P71_CrownVic

You're pretty close....

Ranger needs to be replaced. Panther needs to be replaced. Mustang is being refreshed. And it would be downright idiotic for Ford NOT to use the resources of Mazda and Volvo. Why bother owning them if you aren't going to use them for something?

And there's nothing "best overall" about vehicles that have zero appeal to retail customers. If selling a crapload to fleet defines success, the 96-06 Taurus would have saved the company.

Not me...I am a REAL cheerleader. I blindly support ALL of Ford's platforms because they are the best in the world.

Same here well said P71, if every Ford platform was as good as the old Panther platform thats still winning bucket loads of JP Power awards and boosting Fords reputation for QUALITY when its just about to go out of production, it just shows how good Fords platforms really are, how old is it? My only problem is the boring bland shit that Ford are putting on top of the platform like the Mundane Mondeo its a waste of good steel thats not making any top 10 best sellers list in the UK or Europe, the Cortina never left the top spot.

Edited by Ford Jellymoulds

Same here well said P71 if every Ford platform was as good as the old Panther platform thats still winnimg bucket loads of JP Power awards boosting Fords reputation for QUALITY when its going out of production. My only problem is the boring bland shit that are putting on top of the platform like the Mundane Mondeo its a waste of good steel.

Like the boring bland shit that is sitting on top of the Panther platform? :doh:

Ask grbeck, matthewq4b, or anyone else here about my attitude toward Consumer Reports.

I consider their survey based reliability reports to be exceptionally sound.

I consider their testing regimen to be biased and untrustworthy.

That 93% recommendation rating is based on survey results.

This is true. I've never heard you take issue with their reliability results.

In the magazine's 2008 Auto Issue, the editors again specifically praise Ford for improving reliability, and even say that it is "breaking away from the other domestics in reliability."

Edited by grbeck

Amazing how much more fun it is to read when you block out the trolls, isn't it?

Sad thing is, I actually agree with what he says a majority of the time. Same with Armada Master. Just can't stand the attitudes, and feel that I'll resort to the same behavior if I attempt to argue with them.

I'm far from a cheerleader, especially seeing as my favorite ford vehicles are the Ranger and the Crown Vic. Doesn't mean that I can't attempt to look at the issues objectively or be nice to other members when I argue.

Oh well. :reading:

Edited by Alexander Drummond

Sad thing is, I actually agree with what he says a majority of the time. Same with Armada Master. Just can't stand the attitudes, and feel that I'll resort to the same behavior if I attempt to argue with them.

I'm far from a cheerleader, especially seeing as my favorite ford vehicles are the Ranger and the Crown Vic. Doesn't mean that I can't attempt to look at the issues objectively or be nice to other members when I argue.

We appreciate it, sir.

Kinda hard to be nice to people on a Ford board, when they attack you for driving a FORD.

The thing is, even though you're trying to paint a caricature of the supposed 'cheerleaders', you are still much less ridiculous than you normally are.

And thank god I have AM on ignore. P71 as well, now. :)

I happen to find the cheerleader routine pretty entertaining...as long as he doesn't post any pics of himself with his pom-poms, its all good.

And no pics of "suave and sexy" Nick either.

Edited by atomaro

I happen to find the cheerleader routine pretty entertaining...as long as he doesn't post any pics of himself with his pom-poms, its all good.

RJ and suv_guy have the market cornered on pom-poms.

Ah. More selective quoting. :finger:

Yep. It looks like I really am getting the hang of this :cheerleader: thing.

heh heh...

Whatever you say...

Well, concerning Ford's product, this has pretty much been my consistent opinion:

Panthers - well, you know that one, so we'll go on to the rest.... :hysterical:

Mustang - love it, could use a bit more refinement - look forward to the refresh.

Fusion - solid effort. Needs more power though, center stack is ugly, and the guages look simple, but cheap. 4 cylinder engine sucks.

Taurus - excellent package in a completely dull wrapper.

Focus - ugly as sin, but still somehow an improvement over the last one.

Fiesta - looks like it'll be a hit. Love it.

Escape - The best that could be done with limited resources. I wouldn't buy one, but it seems to be holding the line until a replacement comes.

Edge - Loved this one before it even went on sale. Its success seems to back my opinion.

Flex - I think it'll meet expectations. Interior looks fantastic. If I had a family or I was in a band, I would take a serious look at it.

Explorer - Hate that freaking snout. Overall shape is getting a bit long-in-tooth. Still a solid vehicle though.

Expedition - Pretty solid all around. Suffers a bit from the long-in-tooth exterior shape like the Explorer though. It needs that diesel yesterday!

Ranger - This tired old dog needs to be dragged out back and shot. I haven't had a good thing to say about it for years.

F-150 - King of the hill, not sold on the '09's looks though - the chromed grilles and tail lights seem overdone.

E-series - It is what it is. Businesses like them. Would like to see the Transit offered along side it though.

Super Duty - Excellent, excellent. One of the few Ford vehicles I truly cannot find any major faults in.

MKZ - Getting there. Still could use a few tweaks, but an overall excellent entry level luxury car.

MKX - Should be a bit more distictive from the Edge, but it is doing well regardless.

MKS - I think it looks fantastic. Wish power was a bit higher in the base engine, but EcoBoost should help that. Interior looks top notch.

MKT - Like it so far, not a big fan of the back end though. Hope it gets a more traditional CUV shape for production.

Navigator - Hated the grille when I first saw it. Hate it now. The guage cluster looks terrible, but the rest of the interior is great. Needs more power.

Mercury in general - Serves a purpose for the time being, but they need more distinction.

I put all the non- :cheerleader: remarks in bold for you, just so you might remember them in the future. Yep. Sure looks like I think everything is perfect in Ford Land. :hysterical: