went to look at a G8 today

Sixt9coug

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Siiiiiiigh why oh why can't we get something like that here? Oh I know Americans don't buy Aussie vehicles! :banghead:

I'm less than a year from buying a new car. If FoMoCo doesn't come up with some sort of performance based sedan that looks good and has some serious kick. Then I am afraid I will have to jump ship and give my $$$ to the guys over at GM.

Are you listening MULL I wanna buy a Ford performance sedan, you have them in Aus. Now can you put 2+2 together? GM figured out how to do it. :redcard::banghead:

Are you listening MULL I wanna buy a Ford performance sedan, you have them in Aus. Now can you put 2+2 together? GM figured out how to do it. :redcard::banghead:

He did...he brought one over for himself...hopefully to give to the NA designers and say, "Show me how I can make this car here and sell it right in-line with the G8".

Siiiiiiigh why oh why can't we get something like that here? Oh I know Americans don't buy Aussie vehicles! :banghead:

I'm less than a year from buying a new car. If FoMoCo doesn't come up with some sort of performance based sedan that looks good and has some serious kick. Then I am afraid I will have to jump ship and give my $$$ to the guys over at GM.

buy the G8 GT and enjoy it for about 3-4 years then Ford will have its performance RWD sedan, and the competition will be great resulting in better products

i really want a G8, if Ford had the Falcon here i would want it too...

GM uses that excuse for a lot of their vehicles. Alot of their mainstream offerings don't come with NAV as options.

As far as after market units, well that's fine and all but I prefer units integrated with the radio. They tend to be a bit more user friendly (IMO) and I like the clean look. Toyota has a great example of how to offer up an after market unit and still integrate it with the rest of the center console. The example I came across was for the 4 Runner http://www.toyota.com/4runner/special-edition.html

I too like the integrated/clean look that a factory model offers.

You go from one extreme to the next, there is no middle ground with you.

Riddlin doesn't work for bipolarism

Lithium right?

Do you think he would feel at home in a plug-in hybrid then? 2011 Lithium-ion Crown Victoria. Just might do the trick. Or do they recycle the batteries for his medicine?

Calling: Dr. Howard, Dr. Fine, Dr. Howard!

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Edited by P71_CrownVic

I went out and looked at one yesterday. A red GT loaded with premium package. $5000 ADM.

I like the car a lot. If I were in the market for a new car and I could get one at or below sticker I would purchase one in a heartbeat. But I am happy with my rides and will wait to purchase a V70 R coming off lease in a year or two.

This one is definitely on my current short list for when the Bird is payed off in 2010 and becomes a garage queen. Specifically the Sport Truck which is ideal for me, and since Ford isn't doing anything with Ranger and Dodge is getting rid of Dakota. :doh:

I went out and looked at one yesterday. A red GT loaded with premium package. $5000 ADM.

I like the car a lot. If I were in the market for a new car and I could get one at or below sticker I would purchase one in a heartbeat. But I am happy with my rides and will wait to purchase a V70 R coming off lease in a year or two.

Why is it that some dealerships have to be so crooked :finger: Pontiac has a special 888 series of the G8 (the first 888 produced), that really only consists of special badging. At any rate both of them were selling for sticker. To think people are going to pay ADM is outright nuts.

Edited by Michael Reynolds

Why is it that some dealerships have to be so crooked :finger: Pontiac has a special 888 series of the G8 (the first 888 produced), that really only accounted for special badging. At any rate both of them were selling for sticker. To think people are going to pay ADM is outright nuts.

yeah really. it seems to put people off of even buying the damn car. All 3 GTs that were at the dealer i went to had no markup. sticker price.

yeah really. it seems to put people off of even buying the damn car. All 3 GTs that were at the dealer i went to had no markup. sticker price.

Your thread is what actually prompted me to go out and look at one at a local Pontiac dealership. Plus it made a nice excuse for my buddy with a GTO and me in the Mach to take a spirited drive before the NCAA games started. I made mention about the ADM and I received a deer in the headlights look from the new (younger) salesman. It was an 888.

Your thread is what actually prompted me to go out and look at one at a local Pontiac dealership. Plus it made a nice excuse for my buddy with a GTO and me in the Mach to take a spirited drive before the NCAA games started. I made mention about the ADM and I received a deer in the headlights look from the new (younger) salesman. It was an 888.

Thats probably why. I wasnt aware there was a special edition available before this thread. Did any other G8s have the ADM?

Im with you though, any excuse to take a spirited drive is a good one. In fact, i havent taken the Cougar out to any cruise nights in about a year. I think ill change that up this week. Ill see if my buddies with a 460 powered 66 Fairlane, and a 440 powered 71 Cuda are interested in making the drive a little more spirited :D.

Thats probably why. I wasnt aware there was a special edition available before this thread. Did any other G8s have the ADM?

Im with you though, any excuse to take a spirited drive is a good one. In fact, i havent taken the Cougar out to any cruise nights in about a year. I think ill change that up this week. Ill see if my buddies with a 460 powered 66 Fairlane, and a 440 powered 71 Cuda are interested in making the drive a little more spirited :D.

The dealership only had the one 888 on the showroom floor, and had already sold a v6 earlier this week.

You trio of friends/cars sounds a nice little 'pack'! :burnout: :shift: