?? for Ford workers at ACH

buster6969

dont "" quote me on this, but when i left day shift at my plant the Union posted a list showing the total # as of 1:30 friday afternoon. and i think it showed only 20-30 people signing up for lima, that number is from the ACH plants in SEMI. again dont hold me to this #

One of my favorite bands of all time....next to "The Stones"..of course. Question Pump, what did "REO" stand for?

You are the man, FF!

"Ransom E. Olds," the founder of Oldsmobile? And, wasn't the Speedwagon an Olds car?

(Back in the day, my clueless sister-in-law thought the band named themselves after their favorite cookie, and shortened it to REO).

One of my favorite bands of all time....next to "The Stones"..of course. Question Pump, what did "REO" stand for?

Here's a weird fact for ya.

The letters R.E.O. are the initials of Ransom Eli Olds, who went on to create the Oldsmobile.

An REO Speedwagon is a flatbed truck, first built in the early 1900's. It was very high-speed and heavy-duty for its day, and was considered a milestone in the history of transportation. It was sometimes outfitted as a fire engine.

Here's a weird fact for ya.

The letters R.E.O. are the initials of Ransom Eli Olds, who went on to create the Oldsmobile.

An REO Speedwagon is a flatbed truck, first built in the early 1900's. It was very high-speed and heavy-duty for its day, and was considered a milestone in the history of transportation. It was sometimes outfitted as a fire engine.

I never knew that, thanks for the update to you and Pumpmaster!!

Staying in Indy....riding the storm out.

Hey Lone Rider,

I'm at the Saline ACH plant, and in a somewhat similar situation as yourself. I'm just wondering, what is your best guess as to how this whole thing is going to play out over the next 3,6 or 12 months? I'm referring to the fact that there are as many as 2,000 plus Ford/ACH'ers company-wide who will be left out in the cold or in JSP after their plants are either sold or closed this year.

Now, Ford can't hire any entry-level employees until they offer everyone in JSP at least ONE job offer, right? So, where is Ford going to find the openings to make these offers? Another buyout program seems to be in order, no? What am I missing here? Please, give me your take on this. You must have some guess as to how this will probably play itself out. What is that exactly? Take your best shot, and let's kick this thing around.

Thanks.

ps. Remember;-) "You can Tune a Piano, but You can't Tuna Fish!" :hysterical:

Edited by Hard-Drivin' Man

Hey Lone Rider,

I'm at the Saline ACH plant, and in a somewhat similar situation as yourself. I'm just wondering, what is your best guess as to how this whole thing is going to play out over the next 3,6 or 12 months? I'm referring to the fact that there are as many as 2,000 plus Ford/ACH'ers company-wide who will be left out in the cold or in JSP after their plants are either sold or closed this year.

Now, Ford can't hire any entry-level employees until they offer everyone in JSP at least ONE job offer, right? So, where is Ford going to find the openings to make these offers? Another buyout program seems to be in order, no? What am I missing here? Please, give me your take on this. You must have some guess as to how this will probably play itself out. What is that exactly? Take your best shot, and let's kick this thing around.

Thanks.

hey are you going to win the lotto in 6 months ?

that might be that same as forecasting this. you have to be careful with 'creating' some openings just for an offer, did you wonder what would happen if on that one offer, if the employee said yes ? then what ? some and most might.

Hey Lone Rider,

Thanks.

Hey I thought that Ford can't hire any entry level workers until all of us from ACH plants are placed in Ford Plants. At least that what our Union President and Reps are telling us. :rolleyes:

Hey I thought that Ford can't hire any entry level workers until all of us from ACH plants are placed in Ford Plants. At least that what our Union President and Reps are telling us. :rolleyes:

I thought that was the way I heard it too. Not necessarily placed, but we will receive at least ONE offer at some point, once you're in JSP.

Any info on this would be appreciated.