2010 Taurus (sans styling debate)

ds91776

That's funny, I sat in the Five Hundred at the 2007 Houston Auto Show and thought, "Dang this is small compared to my discontinued Caprice, the center console rubs up against my right knee and why can I grope the passenger door panel from the driver's seat w/o even leaning over?". I can't even to the latter in my parent's :redcard: . :stats:

You're talking front seats, not back seats.

The driver's seat arrangement is kind of small in the Five Hundred (New Taurus), even compared to the Fusion, I find.

That's funny, I sat in the Five Hundread at the 2007 Houston Auto Show and thought, "Dang this is small compared to my discontinued Caprice, the center console rubs up against my right knee and why can I grope the passenger door panel from the driver's seat w/o even leaning over?". I can't even to the latter in my parent's :redcard: . :stats:

I call BS on this one.

I own a Freestyle and there are nond of the issues you describe.

In fact the 3rd row is pretty damned roomy too.

You're talking front seats, not back seats.

The driver's seat arrangement is kind of small in the Five Hundred (New Taurus), even compared to the Fusion, I find.

Actually, that's a good point - width is a big selling point as the hip and shoulder room in

Taurus/Mondeo/Fusion is very similar but in terms of superior canopy effect,

the order is 1)Taurus, 2)Mondeo, 3) Fusion.

For a wider hip and shoulder measurements, you need to go to Panther and Falcon for a bigger car feel.

...There also will definitely be an EcoBoost version of the engine making at least 340hp and perhaps more (knowing Ford). I would love to see the 2.0I4 EcoBoost in the Taurus ...

EcoBoost will NOT be there for Job #1.

The MKS gets EcoBoost for 2010MY, but all other applications will probably be at least 1 year later. I expect to see an I4 (probably 2.5L) EcoBoost in the Taurus, but not until 2011 or 2012.