not looking good for ktp

I heard today that the order bank for the 2009's is only at about 11,000. Also was told that dayshift body will be down a total of 7 weeks in a row (last 2 weeks of June, the 4 weeks in July and the 1st week in Aug). Now the goodie, ONE SHIFT PLANT WIDE BY AUGUST 1, Cutoff date is now to be July 7, 1995!

That is interesting considering that NOBODY was hired on July 7, 1995. I was hired on July 17, 1995, which was the first day after shutdown that year. I found something interesting on the big seniority board up front that maybe someone can explain to me. It looks like that some of the people that took the 28 and out buyout are still up on the board. I see one person that for sure has been gone from the plant since before Christmas. Any explanations, or am I confused?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is interesting considering that NOBODY was hired on July 7, 1995. I was hired on July 17, 1995, which was the first day after shutdown that year. I found something interesting on the big seniority board up front that maybe someone can explain to me. It looks like that some of the people that took the 28 and out buyout are still up on the board. I see one person that for sure has been gone from the plant since before Christmas. Any explanations, or am I confused?

Check the master list on the plant web-site under HPS :idea: . It is updated. I moved up about 120 spots. The one up front is only updated once or twice a year. Some of the buyouts have to wait until they turn 50. A friend of mine has to wait until December.

People that took the buyout package that required 28 years seniority actualy stay on roll until they reach thirty years.

o

Check the master list on the plant web-site under HPS :idea: . It is updated. I moved up about 120 spots. The one up front is only updated once or twice a year. Some of the buyouts have to wait until they turn 50. A friend of mine has to wait until December.

Where is the list on Hps? I accessed it last night and didn't see it. Thanks for the help. I also looked at the board up front last night and saw several people that had taken the buyouts in skilled trades that were still listed.

Where is the list on Hps? I accessed it last night and didn't see it. Thanks for the help. I also looked at the board up front last night and saw several people that had taken the buyouts in skilled trades that were still listed.

Log on to HPS and click on the third "KTP HR Website"...after entering the KTP labor Relations page-scroll down to the very bottom left hand corner-"KTP Hourly Service Center" and it is the bottom choice. Then you have a choice of departmental or plantwide senority. Hope this helps.

Not surprised about the Aug deadline. I believe there will be a layoff, just not for sure how bad it will be. I'm hoping for just downsizing each shift instead of a whole shift. I just wish they would go ahead and announce what is going to happen instead of just waiting around to the last minute and letting the rumors run wild.

Dayshift boxline and boxsides will not be laid off next week (May 19). They have divided the teams and sent half to days and half to nights :ohsnap: on the new boxline. This line is not even close to being ready. There are a lot of problems that still need to be worked out. :doh:

Not surprised about the Aug deadline. I believe there will be a layoff, just not for sure how bad it will be. I'm hoping for just downsizing each shift instead of a whole shift. I just wish they would go ahead and announce what is going to happen instead of just waiting around to the last minute and letting the rumors run wild.

So what your saying is hopefully it will just get the low senority people, because those guys don't need jobs. How about no layoffs.

So what your saying is hopefully it will just get the low senority people, because those guys don't need jobs. How about no layoffs.

Call it whatever you want. Nobody is looking out for you except for yourself. Nobody want's layoffs, but you have to look at what the situation is and the reality of it. I would like to see everybody with 30 years in retire so there will be no layoffs. Do you really think that is going to happen?

Trucks are not selling. I was at my dealer today talking to my salesman. He said that they average about 30 truck sales a month. So far this month they have sold 1. How true is this, I don't know. I do know that they sell alot of trucks, and that they had a lot full of trucks just sitting.

I think what waloud was saying is that the anticipation of something happening is just as bad as what will happen. It would be nice to hear about a layoff from the union before you hear it on the news on the way home. Thats how my uncle heard about night shift in heavy truck was gone was on 84 whas :blah: on his way into work. Everybody needs their job or we would not be worried about working in the first place. It would be nice to know a little in advance so maybe the affected people could maybe make some kind of plans.

Edited by JLC2301

I think what waloud was saying is that the anticipation of something happening is just as bad as what will happen. It would be nice to hear about a layoff from the union before you hear it on the news on the way home. Thats how my uncle heard about night shift in heavy truck was gone was on 84 whas :blah: on his way into work. Everybody needs their job or we would not be worried about working in the first place. It would be nice to know a little in advance so maybe the affected people could maybe make some kind of plans.

yeah.waloud isnt what ya call high seniority anyway.neither am i. none of us want to see anyone laid off.a few years ago at ktp,right before summer shutdown the building chairman put out a letter saying that everyones jobs were secure and there was no threat of a layoff.that did a lot to ease everyones minds and people took nice vacations,spending lots of money and all that.it was no more than 2 weeks(i think it was one) after we came back over 200 brothers and sisters got laid off.we do have much better leadership now,but it seems a layoff is unavoidable.

yeah.waloud isnt what ya call high seniority anyway.neither am i. none of us want to see anyone laid off.a few years ago at ktp,right before summer shutdown the building chairman put out a letter saying that everyones jobs were secure and there was no threat of a layoff.that did a lot to ease everyones minds and people took nice vacations,spending lots of money and all that.it was no more than 2 weeks(i think it was one) after we came back over 200 brothers and sisters got laid off.we do have much better leadership now,but it seems a layoff is unavoidable.

Gunnut hit the nail on the head this time. Yes, a lay-off is on the way, and yes, it will affect a alot of people. I agree with everyone on this. For once can our Union leadership and the Company just sit us down and tell us in advance of this lay-off before they release it to the news. I mean tell all shifts before the news gets told.

If told in advance and they offer more buy-outs I just might take it this time. I am sure Ford will turn around but right now it looks like they won't. Our trucks are the best in the world but they are just not selling.

As for how far back they will go in the lay-off I believe they will go back as far as 5/95. The lowest they will go back is early August 95. I think the people who have 95 senority, who think they are safe, will be surprized when it happens.

When you guys talk about layoffs, are you talking TLO's, ILO's or putting people in GEN?Do you have production in GEN now?We all know the trucks just aint sellin, even if they are the BEST in the world.

I am 7 17 95 and am around 1800 out of some 3700 in the plant, if they go back to may 95 that wood be over half the plant do you think that is a possibility.

Edited by class of 95

When you guys talk about layoffs, are you talking TLO's, ILO's or putting people in GEN?Do you have production in GEN now?We all know the trucks just aint sellin, even if they are the BEST in the world.

As of right now we have some TLO's. ILO's are a possiblity. I think they are going to be sooner than people think. To date no one in GEN/JSP.

I am 7 17 95 and am 1811 out of some 3700 in the plant, if they go back to may 95 that wood be over half the plant do you think that is a possibility.

Take in consideration that Skilled Trades will have their own lay-off that will not affect us. Go back to the HPS and subtract everyone in Skilled Trades who has been hired after you. Then check to see which ones actually hired in before you that went to Skilled Trades later on. You see their DOE will be lower than your hire date. These people will more than likely bump back into production.

Trust me it is a complicated procedure if you do not know how to figure it out.

As of right now we have some TLO's. ILO's are a possiblity. I think they are going to be sooner than people think. To date no one in GEN/JSP.

Take in consideration that Skilled Trades will have their own lay-off that will not affect us. Go back to the HPS and subtract everyone in Skilled Trades who has been hired after you. Then check to see which ones actually hired in before you that went to Skilled Trades later on. You see their DOE will be lower than your hire date. These people will more than likely bump back into production.

Trust me it is a complicated procedure if you do not know how to figure it out.

Good point. Never thought i would be in this situation.

Edited by class of 95

Good point. Never thought i would be in this situation.

also don't forget about the extra people in three crew body and paint. take those off first and then figure half. I would say if we have 3900 take 300 off the three crew employees and cut in half. I would say top 2000 are say. Always extra on dayshift. Just my opinion. But also don't forget that all skilled trades that came from production have the right to go back if they wish instead of a layoff and all of us will have 15 or more years. Good Luck to you.

also don't forget about the extra people in three crew body and paint. take those off first and then figure half. I would say if we have 3900 take 300 off the three crew employees and cut in half. I would say top 2000 are say. Always extra on dayshift. Just my opinion. But also don't forget that all skilled trades that came from production have the right to go back if they wish instead of a layoff and all of us will have 15 or more years. Good Luck to you.

Do you think they might keep 2 crews in body and paint due all the new equipment? Also, i dont understand what you mean by taking away the extras in body and paint, they should all be on the seniority list already.

heard ford came and told them they want 1200 people running the plant by august 1 and one shift and lower line speed.you'll need 3-95 to stay working if this becomes true.

heard ford came and told them they want 1200 people running the plant by august 1 and one shift and lower line speed.you'll need 3-95 to stay working if this becomes true.

Has anyone else heard about the company only wanting 1200 people to run the plant? Can they run it with that many people, seems like they have always needed around 1800-2000 people per shift. Does slowing the line cut that many jobs? Ford can't have a plant the size of KTP only running 1 shift for very long, KTP will only be operating at about 25 to 30% capacity.

QUOTE (mjpetersmd @ May 19 2008, 04:36 PM)

Has anyone else heard about the company only wanting 1200 people to run the plant? Can they run it with that many people, seems like they have always needed around 1800-2000 people per shift. Does slowing the line cut that many jobs? Ford can't have a plant the size of KTP only running 1 shift for very long, KTP will only be operating at about 25 to 30% capacity.

Your talking 2/3 of the remaining workforce going out the door. I see them getting rid of the slow frame and chassis lines, that would be considered slowing the line speed down. Still you need at least 300 people in trim, 300 in paint and body toatal. Not to mention all the bid jobs that are these areas. I still haven't gotten to the stamping plant or the engine line or tire room yet.

Coiuld be just someone wanting to start a rumur to see how far it goes. Yes a lay-off is coming but how far back it goes right now is anyone's guess.

word has it that night shift will be off the first two weeks of august. Anyone else hear this?

Yes we got the memo last night everyone is working that last week of june that rolls into july and night shift is off those first 2 weeks of aug. and every thing else is the same as in the off weeks for everyone

Yes we got the memo last night everyone is working that last week of june that rolls into july and night shift is off those first 2 weeks of aug. and every thing else is the same as in the off weeks for everyone

So does anyone know if/when they are going to lay a whole shift off or are we going to continue to rotate off weeks the rest of the year?

So does anyone know if/when they are going to lay a whole shift off or are we going to continue to rotate off weeks the rest of the year?

As of this moment, no plans to layoff a shift but obviously if things don't change, that's the direction we are heading into. They won't rotate shifts forever. As of right now the schedule is set thru the middle/end of August. Anything beyond that is up in the air.