The Koreans are coming.

RangerM

US: Hyundai and Kia axe plans for Georgia-built pick-ups

Quoting the chief executive of Hyundai Motor Company, Automotive News says the firm has cancelled plans to build front-wheel drive Hyundai and Kia pick-up truck rivals for the Honda Ridgeline.

This is the first I've heard of it, but I still say they'll build a small, utilitarian pickup with decent mpg, eventually.

US: Hyundai and Kia axe plans for Georgia-built pick-ups

Quoting the chief executive of Hyundai Motor Company, Automotive News says the firm has cancelled plans to build front-wheel drive Hyundai and Kia pick-up truck rivals for the Honda Ridgeline.

This is the first I've heard of it, but I still say they'll build a small, utilitarian pickup with decent mpg, eventually.

Yes, a while back they mentioned building some sort of midsize truck type thing. With gas prices rising and truck sales plummeting, though, they cancelled it.

Kia actually has a pickup design finished based on the Sorento BOf SUV, according to an article I read a few years ago. They were investigating bringing it to the US in the "near future". Don't know what happened to that one. A Sorento based pickup wouldn't be ground breaking, but, it would be cheap, and at least as capable as the Colorado/Canyon.

Kia actually has a pickup design finished based on the Sorento BOf SUV, according to an article I read a few years ago. They were investigating bringing it to the US in the "near future". Don't know what happened to that one. A Sorento based pickup wouldn't be ground breaking, but, it would be cheap, and at least as capable as the Colorado/Canyon.

Kia just dropped the idea

http://www.leftlanenews.com/kia-scraps-pic...ans-for-us.html

Let's see now...the CEO of Hyundai has been in jail, the CEO of Korean Samsung is going to jail, and the CEO of Korean LG is joining him with same charge. Could that be a pattern? I for one refuse to buy anything Korean including appliances and TVs. Ford or GM is my priority for new car, Whirlpool for appliances, and any TV not Korean. Paying for 50,000 troops there forever is enough for me.