DTP projected downtime

Well, w/ DTP being off the 1st 2wks of May im beginning to believe some of recent

rumors of dwntime in june and the whole mo of july off......anyone else heard same

or different? We are @ nearly $3.70 p/gal in some places in metro detroit...so u

know personal use truck buyers which represent 30% of light truck sales are

history!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :reading:

I've heard KCAP Truck will loose a shift and all those people will be used to start a C-Crew for SUV side..That way nobody from KCAP will be laid off...

I also heard for the 2009 model DTP will start building Regular Cab trucks also....

We will take anything that keeps us working. I like what the General said.

We will take anything that keeps us working. I like what the General said.

Taking work from another plant is never good. I'm sure KC will do anything to keep the work there. Like fordtworker1993 said the bomb will drop on one of the truck plants, we all will know very soon.

Too bad our system can't handle the regular cabs or the eight foot beds. I've heard rotating shifts off. A-crew one week then B then C (repeat if necessary).

Don't like starting rumors but the rotating shifts is the one I heard. It will cost Ford too much money to run KC on one shift.

Too bad our system can't handle the regular cabs or the eight foot beds. I've heard rotating shifts off. A-crew one week then B then C (repeat if necessary).
I can see use not handling the reg cab but the eight foot box i'm havin a hard time envisioning not doing. The skids in paint have the locations for eight footers unless the problem lies in body or final. Now the rotating shifts is a new and interesting concept.

FORD spent a BILLION DOLLARS on a plant that can't handle a Regular cab truck....I don't believe that.....

If you follow a truck through the system you will see many areas where the regular cab can't go without heavy re-tooling, hell it took months to modify body deck to handle the 09 crew cab as well as current models. One other example...supercab w/8' box. the trucks would be bumper to bumper(the new 157"w.b. already takes up all extra room on chassis 1 & 2). You would have to re-tool every skillet and carrier in the plant. So yes billions to make, many millions more to re-tool.

FORD spent a BILLION DOLLARS on a plant that can't handle a Regular cab truck....I don't believe that.....

I find it hard to believe too, all this talk about DTP being so flexible and this plant is why NAP shut down and it cant even build a fucking regular cab!! shit have you seen how long an 09 crew long bed is, that fucker is long...

I was in a town hall meeting with the plant manager at DTP, and he said that the regular cabs and 8ft beds would not fit our skids. He went on to say that they are looking at purchasing skids to be able to do those trucks. This was for the final area.

Edited by anike7

And I guess it's cheap to run Michigan Truck,Louisville,Chicago,and now KTP on 1 shift.....FORD has proved it will cut shifts with all the announcements of these plants i mentioned above going to one shift....

MTP down 5 consecutive weeks starting 6-23

Thanks for all the input guys, i too dont see too much time off up till '09 launch

but after that who knows!..things arent lookin too great out there and EVERY

state is suffering...our current govt leadership is completely out of touch...

lets hope gas prices have already peaked for upcoming summer season....

i filled up last nite off 6mi here in the metro D and pd $3.72per/g! :reading:

Thanks for all the input guys, i too dont see too much time off up till '09 launch

but after that who knows!..things arent lookin too great out there and EVERY

state is suffering...our current govt leadership is completely out of touch...

lets hope gas prices have already peaked for upcoming summer season....

i filled up last nite off 6mi here in the metro D and pd $3.72per/g! :reading:

Crazy as it seems KCAP will work a OT Friday this week 8hrs. We are going to build a fleet of trucks for AT&T or something. Anyhow, its funny how they tell us we are going to be down the first two weeks of June and the third week of July and now we are working OT on Friday and one of the weeks in June and the week in July have been tentatively canceled?

:hysterical:

Crazy as it seems KCAP will work a OT Friday this week 8hrs. We are going to build a fleet of trucks for AT&T or something. Anyhow, its funny how they tell us we are going to be down the first two weeks of June and the third week of July and now we are working OT on Friday and one of the weeks in June and the week in July have been tentatively canceled?

:hysterical:

Just enjoy the OT while u get it, we dont currently build any fleet type reg cab 8ft box trucks

@ DTP..only super cabs and 4 doors etc..KC got all of my old plants (Norfolk Assembly) models

(fleet- work trucks) to build. If gas prices keep goin the way they do 1 of us may get a shift

cut is rumor..heard they want to expand SUV side of KC for fast selling Escape (my gf just

bought an '08 escape 4cyl XLT and LOVES IT!..keep up good work!) and maybe ax the truck

side...anyone else hearing this??

Just enjoy the OT while u get it, we dont currently build any fleet type reg cab 8ft box trucks

@ DTP..only super cabs and 4 doors etc..KC got all of my old plants (Norfolk Assembly) models

(fleet- work trucks) to build. If gas prices keep goin the way they do 1 of us may get a shift

cut is rumor..heard they want to expand SUV side of KC for fast selling Escape (my gf just

bought an '08 escape 4cyl XLT and LOVES IT!..keep up good work!) and maybe ax the truck

side...anyone else hearing this??

The Union and the company signed and passed an agreement that I believe went into our local agreement that in exchange for multiple mandatory saturdays extra on the SUV side the company would not be able to add a "C" or third shift to that side. Granted I know that means squat and it can be a give back if it means losing a shift but thats what is in place for now. only time will tell.

Hi Guys, NOT an employee but AM a customer. What does the DTP being shut down do to production? Obviously it slows things down. I have had a truck ordered for several weeks. Dealer says it is being built the last week of this month.

Sure wish the Norfolk VA plant was still around, I am about 60 miles down the road from it!

Thanks to you all that build quality Ford Trucks!!!!

Hi Guys, NOT an employee but AM a customer. What does the DTP being shut down do to production? Obviously it slows things down. I have had a truck ordered for several weeks. Dealer says it is being built the last week of this month.

Sure wish the Norfolk VA plant was still around, I am about 60 miles down the road from it!

Thanks to you all that build quality Ford Trucks!!!!

Thank you for being a customer zz28 .

If it is set for build at the end of the month the downweeks we are currently on should not effect your build, however i would suggest asking your dealer if he has tried other dealers for the color and trim level you desire, most of the time they can swap a vehicle in there inventory for something that another dealer that may have your truck on there lot. Honestly there is no reason a customer should be waiting more than a few weeks for a new vehicle.

Sometimes it just takes having a salesman willing to make a few phone calls to other dealers to work out a swap of equal value and desirability and to be perfectly frank there is No reason a truck customer should wait more than 1 week for a new vehicle espeacially considering the market currently with gas prices and all .

Thanks again for your faith in Ford Trucks :happy feet:

Well, w/ DTP being off the 1st 2wks of May im beginning to believe some of recent

rumors of dwntime in june and the whole mo of july off......anyone else heard same

or different? We are @ nearly $3.70 p/gal in some places in metro detroit...so u

know personal use truck buyers which represent 30% of light truck sales are

history!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :reading:

I think we all need to hang on to any money we have saved, doesnt sound like its going to be a good year for us at DTP . Coming from working lots of overtime to DTP has been a huge change for me.

DTP will have 2 weeks downtime in June which includes skilled trades. I am not sure but I feel these down weeks will be the last 2 weeks in June which will butt up to the 2 weeks for the July shutdown. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out DTP would end up being down for a month. Again this would include tradesmen also.

KCAP will not cut a shift do to all the churning that will take place do to reduction of force the layoff would create sending employees to the SUV side and vice versa. They would have to retrain the whole plant as no one would be on the same job,shift, system etc. Also heard KCAP will get a new product to build with the f-150 to supplement the downturn in sales and keep DTP running the 3 crew. They did cancel the friday OT for the truck side in trucks. Still looking at the first two weeks in june for DW's.

DTP will have 2 weeks downtime in June which includes skilled trades. I am not sure but I feel these down weeks will be the last 2 weeks in June which will butt up to the 2 weeks for the July shutdown. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out DTP would end up being down for a month. Again this would include tradesmen also.

What reliable person told you DTP would get two weeks off in June?

Was told today no down weeks in June.