Spy Shot: 2010 Mustang

ANTAUS

Thanks for the link, I almost missed it among the other post.

rmc523, That's a good photo of the fin I was thinking about. It seems BMW also uses a mast antenna along with the fin??

Only on the 1 convertible. The 1 coupe uses the roof mounted fin (below), and both the 3 and 6 verts use just a fin.

bmw135irear.jpg

EDIT: I also believe the trunk mounted fin is only on vehicles equipped with satellite radio. IIRC, it is not present on non-satellite vehicles, so I think the 3 (or 1/6) convertible w/out Sirius wouldn't have the fin.

Edited by rmc523

Even those (satellite radio recievers) are becoming small. On our BMW, it's a small fin type thing on the trunk lid, no other antenna anywhere. It's the same thing as the trunk fin on this 125i:

14.jpg

Thats where the satellite radio fin goes on the Mustang, middle of trunk.

Nope, on the coupe I saw, it was in the same place as on the BMW, right in front of the spoiler.

Yuck. Rather it be on the roof where it is out of the way of other styling elements like the wing.

Too bad they can't just intergrate into the spoiler...then you wouldn't be able to see it at all. Althought...that might require doing some work...so that is out of the question.

Too bad they can't just intergrate into the spoiler...then you wouldn't be able to see it at all. Althought...that might require doing some work...so that is out of the question.

Too bad you can't write a post worth reading...then I wouldn't have you on ignore. Although...that might require thinking...so that is out of the question.

Nope, on the coupe I saw, it was in the same place as on the BMW, right in front of the spoiler.

My friend has an 07, his satellite reciever, as you said, is on the trunk lid right where the BMW's are.

Personally, unless it's designed to sorta blend in with the vehicle (or as long as it doesnt distract from the design of the vehicle) like BMW's fins, I'd rather see antennae done away with completely.

As I think I said before, I'd like to see Ford move to using the Expedition's hidden antenna setup across the lineup.