What is to flow when an order is placed?

lukepurdy

Last Saturday I ordered my wife's new Escape. The dealer printed out a page that says "VEHICLE ORDER CONFIRMATION" at the top and lists the options and a price. Can someone help me understand the process that will happen between Ford and the dealership from here? The dealer hasn't talked about financing or asked for any kind of commitment from me so I'm wondering if he has really ordered the car.

Last Saturday I ordered my wife's new Escape. The dealer printed out a page that says "VEHICLE ORDER CONFIRMATION" at the top and lists the options and a price. Can someone help me understand the process that will happen between Ford and the dealership from here? The dealer hasn't talked about financing or asked for any kind of commitment from me so I'm wondering if he has really ordered the car.

Hi lukepurdy. :D What are the codes listed next to the "Order Number", "Order Code" and "Priority" fields on the VOC (Vehicle Order Confirmation) sheet?

The Dealer will not discuss Financing at this point, because the arrival of your vehicle is probably a minimum of 6-8 weeks away. In that time, Incentives and Rebates may/will change, and Finance Rates may/will change.

What you need to do at this point (hopefully you already did it before ordering) is lock in the price you are to pay for the Escape before Incentives and Rebates are deducted (since they may change). Then it is just time to wait until your Escape arrives. At that time, you will begin the Finance and final pricing negotiations. Use the wait time to research what type of Finance Rates you can get from your Bank, Credit Union, etc, etc. In other words, do your homework ahead of time.

For what it is worth, these are the stages of a vehicles production, from order placement to purchase:

Receipt Date: The date that MS&S recorded the order.

When the order is received from the dealers

Serialize Date: The date that MS&S transfers the order to MP&L and the VIN is created.

When the order is received by Material Planning and parts are ordered

Segment Date: The date that MP&L determines which week the order will be built.

When they figure what week that parts will be able to be delivered to the plant to build the vehicle

Sequence Date: The date that MP&L determines which day the order will be built.

When they figure what day that parts can be at the plant to build the vehicle

Blend Date: The date that MP&L determines when the order will be built within the assigned day.

When they figure the specific order that vehicles will be built. This depends on options and line constraints.

Produced Date: The date that VO finished assembling the vehicle

Your unit has been built!

Gate Release Date: The date that VO transfers the vehicle to Transportation Carriers for shipping

Your unit has left the building, and is in the hands of the shipper (rail or truck)

Ship Date: The date the vehicle left the Assembly Plant

Your unit has left the load site, and is on it's way to the dealer

Arrival Date: The date the Dealership received the vehicle

Your dealer has the unit in hand, doing the dealer prep thingy

Sold Date: The date the Customer picked up the vehicle

You came in, looked it over, said, "I'll take it!" and signed the papers

Once the order is placed, Ford will begin the scheduling process for your vehicle. For all intents and purposes, it is just a waiting game from that point on.

Hope this information helps.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

Hi lukepurdy. :D What are the codes listed next to the "Order Number", "Order Code" and "Priority" fields on the VOC (Vehicle Order Confirmation) sheet?

The Dealer will not discuss Financing at this point, because the arrival of your vehicle is probably a minimum of 6-8 weeks away. In that time, Incentives and Rebates may/will change, and Finance Rates may/will change.

What you need to do at this point (hopefully you already did it before ordering) is lock in the price you are to pay for the Escape before Incentives and Rebates are deducted (since they may change). Then it is just time to wait until your Escape arrives. At that time, you will begin the Finance and final pricing negotiations. Use the wait time to research what type of Finance Rates you can get from your Bank, Credit Union, etc, etc. In other words, do your homework ahead of time.

For what it is worth, these are the stages of a vehicles production, from order placement to purchase:

Receipt Date: The date that MS&S recorded the order.

When the order is received from the dealers

Serialize Date: The date that MS&S transfers the order to MP&L and the VIN is created.

When the order is received by Material Planning and parts are ordered

Segment Date: The date that MP&L determines which week the order will be built.

When they figure what week that parts will be able to be delivered to the plant to build the vehicle

Sequence Date: The date that MP&L determines which day the order will be built.

When they figure what day that parts can be at the plant to build the vehicle

Blend Date: The date that MP&L determines when the order will be built within the assigned day.

When they figure the specific order that vehicles will be built. This depends on options and line constraints.

Produced Date: The date that VO finished assembling the vehicle

Your unit has been built!

Gate Release Date: The date that VO transfers the vehicle to Transportation Carriers for shipping

Your unit has left the building, and is in the hands of the shipper (rail or truck)

Ship Date: The date the vehicle left the Assembly Plant

Your unit has left the load site, and is on it's way to the dealer

Arrival Date: The date the Dealership received the vehicle

Your dealer has the unit in hand, doing the dealer prep thingy

Sold Date: The date the Customer picked up the vehicle

You came in, looked it over, said, "I'll take it!" and signed the papers

Once the order is placed, Ford will begin the scheduling process for your vehicle. For all intents and purposes, it is just a waiting game from that point on.

Hope this information helps.

That's great info. Thanks.

Order Number = 9333

Order Code = 305A

Priority = 10

Thanks again for the info.

Order Number = 9333

Order Code = 305A

Priority = 10

There are two things I'll mention here in the way of additional information regarding Escape scheduling.

First, nothing can happen with the order getting scheduled until the Dealer has allocation and that there are no commodity restraints (options that have limited availability) that will prevent the vehicle from getting scheduled the week that the Dealer does have Escape allocation.

Second, there will be NO further 2009 Escape scheduling until Week #26 which is another 3 weeks from now as we're just finishing Week #23.

Order Number = 9333

Order Code = 305A

Priority = 10

Hi lukepurdy. :D Well, ice-capades gave you some very important information. I will add that a Priority Code of 10 is a good one.

So now comes the hardest part. The wait.

Looks as though you are alot further along than I am, I ordered on May 13th, a 09 FEH Limited.

My order # is 0000

Order code is 350A

Priority # is 40

Spoke with General Sales manager, also a personal friend, and he claims he sat in a 2 hour meeting with regional rep Thursday, and during the course of meeting the hybrid issue did come up, with 4 being on order and none being processed yet.

Regional rep said he would address it, we shall see.

Order Number = 9333

Order Code = 305A

Priority = 10

Looks like I am right there with ya...order 6003, code 350A, priority 10 but dealer, as of today, does not have a VIN yet. I will keep on waiting...looking forward to getting back to Ford in my house.

Edited by Green Lantern

Hi lukepurdy. :D Well, ice-capades gave you some very important information. I will add that a Priority Code of 10 is a good one.

So now comes the hardest part. The wait.

Great information guys, can you tell me anything about my order confirmation?

Order No: M665

Ord Code: 350A

Priority: 14

Cust /Flt Name Gary Gattis (Me)

Order Type: 1

Price Level: 915

Dealer F24002

The original order Priority: was 80 on 4/22/08 but changed when my name was added on 4/29/08 to 14. The Sales Manager ask for a $500 deposit on 5/15/08 when my broker said one was not needed prior. Any Ideas? 5/15/08 was the date Ford was going to start scheduling.

Looks as though you are alot further along than I am, I ordered on May 13th, a 09 FEH Limited.

My order # is 0000

Order code is 350A

Priority # is 40

Spoke with General Sales manager, also a personal friend, and he claims he sat in a 2 hour meeting with regional rep Thursday, and during the course of meeting the hybrid issue did come up, with 4 being on order and none being processed yet.

Scott... I'll write a separate message in a minute to give you, and anyone else that isn't familiar with how the order priority codes work, a crash course on the subject. When I saw your response here mentioning that you had ordered a 2009 Escape Hybrid I thought that I should write a few words about the typical wait time for an ordered Escape Hybrid as opposed to a regular Escape model. It's a subject that hasn't been discussed here in awhile and I thought that it might be helpful if your Dealer hadn't given you accurate information on how long it might take for you to receive your Hybrid.

No doubt that the Escape Hybrid has been a popular choice for a lot of customers like yourself since it was introduced a few years ago. Since the 2008 Escape series was updated last year, Escape sales have been very strong and the interest and demand for the Hybrid version has grown even more. Unfortunately, Ford has limited Hybrid production and every Dealer fights to get Hybrid orders scheduled regardless of whether the orders are for stock units or for retail customers like yourself. Not surprisingly, most customers seriously interested in a Hybrid want to be able to see and test drive one. Unless you're in a market where Ford will supply Dealers with Hybrids for stock, you're out of luck as Dealers have enough trouble getting Hybrid Escapes scheduled for their retail orders.

I can understand that you're excited about having ordered your 2009 Escape Hybrid and I don't want to burst your bubble about how soon you'll be able to drive it home but I want to make sure that you understand you will probably have a wait of some time. The reality is that for many, if not most Ford Dealers, it takes anywhere from 4-6 months to get a Hybrid from the factory, even for a retail order like yours. Sorry to be the messenger of bad news but I just want you to be aware of a potentially long wait in case your Dealer wasn't upfront about the order time. Again, your Dealer could be one of the lucky ones that can get Hybrids quicker but I thought that I should share this with you.

It's important to me that customers have accurate information on the vehicles they're considering or purchasing. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you'll be one of the lucky customers and gets your 20069 Escape Hybrid in a reasonable time!

Scott... I'll write a separate message in a minute to give you, and anyone else that isn't familiar with how the order priority codes work, a crash course on the subject. When I saw your response here mentioning that you had ordered a 2009 Escape Hybrid I thought that I should write a few words about the typical wait time for an ordered Escape Hybrid as opposed to a regular Escape model. It's a subject that hasn't been discussed here in awhile and I thought that it might be helpful if your Dealer hadn't given you accurate information on how long it might take for you to receive your Hybrid.

No doubt that the Escape Hybrid has been a popular choice for a lot of customers like yourself since it was introduced a few years ago. Since the 2008 Escape series was updated last year, Escape sales have been very strong and the interest and demand for the Hybrid version has grown even more. Unfortunately, Ford has limited Hybrid production and every Dealer fights to get Hybrid orders scheduled regardless of whether the orders are for stock units or for retail customers like yourself. Not surprisingly, most customers seriously interested in a Hybrid want to be able to see and test drive one. Unless you're in a market where Ford will supply Dealers with Hybrids for stock, you're out of luck as Dealers have enough trouble getting Hybrid Escapes scheduled for their retail orders.

I can understand that you're excited about having ordered your 2009 Escape Hybrid and I don't want to burst your bubble about how soon you'll be able to drive it home but I want to make sure that you understand you will probably have a wait of some time. The reality is that for many, if not most Ford Dealers, it takes anywhere from 4-6 months to get a Hybrid from the factory, even for a retail order like yours. Sorry to be the messenger of bad news but I just want you to be aware of a potentially long wait in case your Dealer wasn't upfront about the order time. Again, your Dealer could be one of the lucky ones that can get Hybrids quicker but I thought that I should share this with you.

It's important to me that customers have accurate information on the vehicles they're considering or purchasing. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you'll be one of the lucky customers and gets your 20069 Escape Hybrid in a reasonable time!

Let me just say that I appreciate your posts and sharing of good information. My dealer here in KY was up front with me in that I was probably looking at August/September at the earliest for my vehicle which I ordered the first week in May. I knew that full well and, while I would love to get it earlier, I am more than ready to wait until the time it shows up. But, as you say above, it could be that they were not given good info from their dealer yet and I think it is great that you are trying to help people be realistic.

Patrick

Edited by Green Lantern

My order # is 0000

Order code is 350A

Priority # is 40

Scott... Since I haven't seen it discussed here in a while, I'll give you and anyone else interested a crash course in how the order priority system works.

Ford Dealers can enter orders with priority codes ranging from 10-99. The lower the number, the higher the priority for scheduling vehicles for production. Most Dealers order "Retail" orders, those vehicles that are sold and ordered for specific customers, with a priority "10" so that those orders will be scheduled for production ahead of stock orders which might be ordered with priority codes 20-79. When a Dealer has allocation for that week's scheduling, Ford generates "Suggested Orders" which are always generated with a priority code of 80. They do this so that the "Suggested Orders" are prioritized behind most Dealers stock orders. Even so, Dealers can order vehicles with a "99" priority code which is supposed to mean that Ford is not authorized to schedule the unit under any circumstances.

Every week Ford generates a "Commodity Report" which tells Dealers on a vehicle line basis which options, models, etc have restricted availability. It's a guide for Dealers to make sure that a Dealer has clean, buildable orders in the Unscheduled Order Bank (USOB) for that week. If not, Ford will likely schedule one of the "Suggested" orders to fulfill the Dealer's allocation commitment. In addition, every week Ford generates a Dealer News Bulletin (DNB) about commodity and scheduling issues along with several other reports. With the weekly reports that Ford generates, it's possible to estimate within a week when a scheduled vehicle will be produced.

As for my Dealership, I reserve 10-19 priority codes for "Retail" customer oders and 20+ for stock orders. There are some times when I might have multiple "Retail" orders for the same vehicle line but I want to get those orders scheduled in the order that the orders were placed. In those cases I might place the earliest Retail order with a priority code of 10, the 2nd order with a priority code of 11, etc. It doesn't mean that they will get ordered in that sequence though if some of those orders have commodity restraints.

The scheduling system looks at and tries to schedule the orders with the lowest priority code if the unit meets the scheduling requirements for that week. If not, the system looks for the next available unit based on available commodities, etc. If the Dealer has allocation for a vehicle line and no orders in the Unscheduled Order Bank (USOB) meeting the commodity restrictions for that week, Ford will schedule the "Suggested" order that was generated.

I hope that this information helps you understand the ordering process and how the priority code system works. FYI... Order codes 01-09 are reserved for Ford Motor Company use only.

Scott... Since I haven't seen it discussed here in a while, I'll give you and anyone else interested a crash course in how the order priority system works.

Ford Dealers can enter orders with priority codes ranging from 10-99. The lower the number, the higher the priority for scheduling vehicles for production. Most Dealers order "Retail" orders, those vehicles that are sold and ordered for specific customers, with a priority "10" so that those orders will be scheduled for production ahead of stock orders which might be ordered with priority codes 20-79. When a Dealer has allocation for that week's scheduling, Ford generates "Suggested Orders" which are always generated with a priority code of 80. They do this so that the "Suggested Orders" are prioritized behind most Dealers stock orders. Even so, Dealers can order vehicles with a "99" priority code which is supposed to mean that Ford is not authorized to schedule the unit under any circumstances.

Every week Ford generates a "Commodity Report" which tells Dealers on a vehicle line basis which options, models, etc have restricted availability. It's a guide for Dealers to make sure that a Dealer has clean, buildable orders in the Unscheduled Order Bank (USOB) for that week. If not, Ford will likely schedule one of the "Suggested" orders to fulfill the Dealer's allocation commitment. In addition, every week Ford generates a Dealer News Bulletin (DNB) about commodity and scheduling issues along with several other reports. With the weekly reports that Ford generates, it's possible to estimate within a week when a scheduled vehicle will be produced.

As for my Dealership, I reserve 10-19 priority codes for "Retail" customer oders and 20+ for stock orders. There are some times when I might have multiple "Retail" orders for the same vehicle line but I want to get those orders scheduled in the order that the orders were placed. In those cases I might place the earliest Retail order with a priority code of 10, the 2nd order with a priority code of 11, etc. It doesn't mean that they will get ordered in that sequence though if some of those orders have commodity restraints.

The scheduling system looks at and tries to schedule the orders with the lowest priority code if the unit meets the scheduling requirements for that week. If not, the system looks for the next available unit based on available commodities, etc. If the Dealer has allocation for a vehicle line and no orders in the Unscheduled Order Bank (USOB) meeting the commodity restrictions for that week, Ford will schedule the "Suggested" order that was generated.

I hope that this information helps you understand the ordering process and how the priority code system works. FYI... Order codes 01-09 are reserved for Ford Motor Company use only.

Thanks for the great info. It's very helpful.

Partial quote from Ice Capades

End of partial quote.

I guess the question is, was my dealer able to enter a priority code at time of order on May 13th,2008 ?

Was that the "generic" code that Ford Auto-distributed to him ? That being a Priority code of 40 that I currently have.

My dealer was frank with me in saying it would be in the 3-4 month range, which I accepted. That puts me at an August / September delivery.

My worry is that they will not even build Hybrids until October, which at best puts me into November, more than likely December, and then I am at 7 months out by then.

Edited by scottfisher

Partial quote from Ice Capades

End of partial quote.

I guess the question is, was my dealer able to enter a priority code at time of order on May 13th,2008 ?

Was that the "generic" code that Ford Auto-distributed to him ? That being a Priority code of 40 that I currently have.

My dealer was frank with me in saying it would be in the 3-4 month range, which I accepted. That puts me at an August / September delivery.

My worry is that they will not even build Hybrids until October, which at best puts me into November, more than likely December, and then I am at 7 months out by then.

After the private e-mail messages that we've exchanged I took a look at the messages here and came across something that I missed that may be important to you and others when dealing with print outs that a Dealer may show. It's important because there are two different types of vehicle order print outs that can be generated but there are major differences between them that I think is important to share here.

When a Dealer wants to either price out or order a vehicle they do so by accessing the CONCEPS program at Ford either through their Dealership's DMS System (internal accounting software that interfaces with Ford programs) or through the FMCDealer.com website portal. The CONCEPS ordering system has edits in place that will show error notices for incorrect/unbuildable orders and suggest the changes necessary to create and price out a clean, buildable order. Hitting "return" then takes the user to a screen displaying the vehicle order, on one or several pages, with prices at the current pricing level. Retail orders are "price protected" to the date that the reatail order was received. If there's still a problem with the order, prices will not display. Any vehicle print outs generated from the CONCEPS ordering system are titled "VEHICLE ORDER CONFIRMATION" which can be very misleading to a customer as the CONCEPS program is for internal use by Ford and its Dealers.

This "VEHICLE ORDER CONFIRMATION" page generated by CONCEPS does NOT mean that the vehicle has been ordered, even if it shows a customer name! Once a Dealer confirms through the CONCEPS vehicle pricing screens that the vehicle order is correct, the Dealer has to hit the "F4" key to actually submit the vehicle order to Ford. The next day the Dealer receives a different document from Ford called a "DORA" which is the actual confirmation from Ford that the vehicle order has been placed. DORA is identified at the top of the form as "Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement" and shows all the vehicle order information including Order Type, Priority Code, Customer Name, etc. The DORA will also show the Order Receipt Date as well as the latest update "Date" when appropriate. After the initial order is placed, a new DORA will be generated whever any changes are made to the order before it is "locked in" for production. A DORA for a scheduled unit will also include the vehicle's VIN number.

Ford generates reports daily regarding status updates and changes for all ordered vehicles in a Dealer's Order Bank. At any time, a Dealer should be able to give you up-to-date information on your vehicle order status.

I hope that this information helps clarify and correct any misinformation that might have been received from other sources!

Thanks Ice Capade for response and clarification. I only have a V O C from May 12th, I do not have a DORA, it may exist but I do not have one personally.

On my VOC is where I came up with the priority code of 40.

Probably at this point, for sanity sake, its best to not get into this too much. I trust that my dealer and friend has done what he can, and he is a rather large store, he moved 160 units in the month of April if thats any indication, so he should also have good relations with Ford in regards to working with regional rep's.

I think I will let it play out another couple weeks before contacting him again, I just spoke with him back on June 4th.

My biggest concern at this point is when to put my current vehicle up for private sale to give sufficient time to sell, but not too soon where I go 3 months without a daily driver, which I cannot have happen.

Edited by scottfisher

Thanks Ice Capade for response and clarification. I only have a V O C from May 12th, I do not have a DORA, it may exist but I do not have one personally.

On my VOC is where I came up with the priority code of 40.

Probably at this point, for sanity sake, its best to not get into this too much. I trust that my dealer and friend has done what he can, and he is a rather large store, he moved 160 units in the month of April if thats any indication, so he should also have good relations with Ford in regards to working with regional rep's.

I think I will let it play out another couple weeks before contacting him again, I just spoke with him back on June 4th.

My biggest concern at this point is when to put my current vehicle up for private sale to give sufficient time to sell, but not too soon where I go 3 months without a daily driver, which I cannot have happen.

I wouldn't put your own vehicle up for sale until you have a VIN # and Dealership ETA for your new vehicle.

... A DORA for a scheduled unit will also include the vehicle's VIN number.

Ford generates reports daily regarding status updates and changes for all ordered vehicles in a Dealer's Order Bank. At any time, a Dealer should be able to give you up-to-date information on your vehicle order status.

I hope that this information helps clarify and correct any misinformation that might have been received from other sources!

Thank you, once again, for valuable information that so many of us can benefit from!

TT

Thanks again Ice Capade for info, I actually got a call today that my name is being placed on the order, no later than tomorrow.

I asked a couple other questions, found that my priority code is 10 :happy feet: , left the questions at that. I did not even ask about specifics concerning the DORA other than that there is one.

• 3 weeks later...
The next day the Dealer receives a different document from Ford called a "DORA" which is the actual confirmation from Ford that the vehicle order has been placed. DORA is identified at the top of the form as "Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement" and shows all the vehicle order information including Order Type, Priority Code, Customer Name, etc. The DORA will also show the Order Receipt Date as well as the latest update "Date" when appropriate. After the initial order is placed, a new DORA will be generated whever any changes are made to the order before it is "locked in" for production. A DORA for a scheduled unit will also include the vehicle's VIN number.

For the FEH, that is being produced in limited numbers, does Ford have to schedule the order in order for a DORA to be created? Or does the DORA simply show that Ford received the order (but still may choose to not fulfill the order)? I have a VOC printout from my dealer, but my dealer said that "Ford hasn't accepted the order yet, I'll check on Friday."

Is that right? Does the DORA come only after Ford has accepted the order?

For the FEH, that is being produced in limited numbers, does Ford have to schedule the order in order for a DORA to be created? Or does the DORA simply show that Ford received the order (but still may choose to not fulfill the order)? I have a VOC printout from my dealer, but my dealer said that "Ford hasn't accepted the order yet, I'll check on Friday."

Is that right? Does the DORA come only after Ford has accepted the order?

The VOC is just a print out of the CONCEPS order screen and doesn't mean anything unless the Dealer actually submits the order to Ford. It's a means on confirming vehicle pricing and content. A DORA is generated automatically for every order as soon as the vehicle order is placed into the Unscheduled Order Bank (USOB). The Dealer receives the initial DORA the next day in their Ford mail that is transmitted to the Dealership. The Dealer can get an updated DORA at any time and a new DORA will be generated if there are any changes made to the order. There's really no "acceptance" process by Ford. As long as its a "clean/buildable" unit the order is automatically placed into the USOB.

When the order is scheduled it will show up on the Dealer's Daily Status Report showing "Submitted to Plant" and will show preliminary scheduling information including a complete VIN. Usually within a week a DEaler will be able to tell what week the unit is scheduled to be produced. The unit will continue to appear on the Daily Status Report for three days and then drop off the report until the vehicle status changes again and will then reappear on the report with the updated information. The Dealer can get updated status information at any time through access to CONCEPS or the new "Vehicle Visibility" program.

Hope this helps.

The VOC is just a print out of the CONCEPS order screen and doesn't mean anything unless the Dealer actually submits the order to Ford. It's a means on confirming vehicle pricing and content. A DORA is generated automatically for every order as soon as the vehicle order is placed into the Unscheduled Order Bank (USOB). The Dealer receives the initial DORA the next day in their Ford mail that is transmitted to the Dealership. The Dealer can get an updated DORA at any time and a new DORA will be generated if there are any changes made to the order. There's really no "acceptance" process by Ford. As long as its a "clean/buildable" unit the order is automatically placed into the USOB.

When the order is scheduled it will show up on the Dealer's Daily Status Report showing "Submitted to Plant" and will show preliminary scheduling information including a complete VIN. Usually within a week a DEaler will be able to tell what week the unit is scheduled to be produced. The unit will continue to appear on the Daily Status Report for three days and then drop off the report until the vehicle status changes again and will then reappear on the report with the updated information. The Dealer can get updated status information at any time through access to CONCEPS or the new "Vehicle Visibility" program.

Hope this helps.

Say that again? Are you saying that when the dealer gets the dora, or shortly there after, they will know the VIN for the vehicle? If yes, then I definately need to get in touch with my dealer. I ordered 06/01 or 02 and only have a confirmation number so far. I've asked for a copy of the dora and it seems to have fallen on deaf ears.

thanks in advance

Edited by mmdlcab

Say that again? Are you saying that when the dealer gets the dora, or shortly there after, they will know the VIN for the vehicle? If yes, then I definately need to get in touch with my dealer. I ordered 06/01 or 02 and only have a confirmation number so far. I've asked for a copy of the dora and it seems to have fallen on deaf ears.

thanks in advance

The DORA has nothiong to do with scheduling! It is a print out with all the information on a vehicle in the Dealer's Order Bank... scheduled or NOT. The scheduling process is completely separate from the reporting process. For any vehicle to be scheduled it has to first be ordered which puts it into the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank). When the order goes into the USOB the DORA is generated and transmitted automatically to the Dealership. In order for the vehicle to be scheduled the Dealer has to have allocation for that vehicle line and the vehicle has to meet any commodity restrictions that may be in place that week. If the Dealer has allocation and the vehicle meets the commodity restraints then the order should be scheduled that week if it's the next in order to be scheduled by the Priority Code. Vehicle schedulinmg is done on Thursday night and Dealers know from their Daily Status Reports on Friday morning which vehicles were scheduled the night before.

If a Dealer has allocation for two Escapes over a four week scheduling period the allocation will be spread out over the four week period. As such, the Dealer will have allocation in the 1st & 3rd weeks or 2nd & 4th week typically.

Hope this helps a bit more! I'll be back online within an hour if you have any further questions.

Edited by ice-capades

The DORA has nothiong to do with scheduling! It is a print out with all the information on a vehicle in the Dealer's Order Bank... scheduled or NOT. The scheduling process is completely separate from the reporting process. For any vehicle to be scheduled it has to first be ordered which puts it into the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank). When the order goes into the USOB the DORA is generated and transmitted automatically to the Dealership. In order for the vehicle to be scheduled the Dealer has to have allocation for that vehicle line and the vehicle has to meet any commodity restrictions that may be in place that week. If the Dealer has allocation and the vehicle meets the commodity restraints then the order should be scheduled that week if it's the next in order to be scheduled by the Priority Code. Vehicle schedulinmg is done on Thursday night and Dealers know from their Daily Status Reports on Friday morning which vehicles were scheduled the night before.

If a Dealer has allocation for two Escapes over a four week scheduling period the allocation will be spread out over the four week period. As such, the Dealer will have allocation in the 1st & 3rd weeks or 2nd & 4th week typically.

Hope this helps a bit more! I'll be back online within an hour if you have any further questions.

Grin. thanks for your help. I really appreciate it. I'm not sure I fully understand, but it sounds like the next best question to ask my dealer is what allocation they have and when? I understand that the dora has nothing to do with the actual scheduling of the vehicle but my issue is the dealer is not giving me any info at all pretty much. I waited 3 weeks before I finally asked if they had gotten a confirmation #. I really, don't even have anything printed out that shows my confirmed order. Just the confirmation number. I had to ask for that, and my impression (maybe it's wrong?) is that they should be keeping me informed as to the status of the order. I've read this and other threads about the various dates that occur in the process. That's the informatioin I'm trying to get, and it's not coming from the dealer. I guess I kinda feel like: Yea, I know I have to wait, that's not a problem, but throw me a bone once in a while, keep me updated on what is happening with the order. For me, just seing the serialize date and or a VIN would satisfy me for now. I just get a sneaky feeling that, without more info from the dealer, things are not moving along and are stalled. I'll assume that is not the case, but it still leaves doubts. I do appreciate your help in trying to keep myself and everyone else here informed and explain the process.

thanks

cab

Grin. thanks for your help. I really appreciate it. I'm not sure I fully understand, but it sounds like the next best question to ask my dealer is what allocation they have and when? I understand that the dora has nothing to do with the actual scheduling of the vehicle but my issue is the dealer is not giving me any info at all pretty much. I waited 3 weeks before I finally asked if they had gotten a confirmation #. I really, don't even have anything printed out that shows my confirmed order. Just the confirmation number. I had to ask for that, and my impression (maybe it's wrong?) is that they should be keeping me informed as to the status of the order. I've read this and other threads about the various dates that occur in the process. That's the informatioin I'm trying to get, and it's not coming from the dealer. I guess I kinda feel like: Yea, I know I have to wait, that's not a problem, but throw me a bone once in a while, keep me updated on what is happening with the order. For me, just seing the serialize date and or a VIN would satisfy me for now. I just get a sneaky feeling that, without more info from the dealer, things are not moving along and are stalled. I'll assume that is not the case, but it still leaves doubts. I do appreciate your help in trying to keep myself and everyone else here informed and explain the process.

thanks

cab

Not sure it will help but it took about 7 weeks after I placed my order with my dealer before I got my VIN. Good luck!

Not sure it will help but it took about 7 weeks after I placed my order with my dealer before I got my VIN. Good luck!

From what my dealer told me is that Ford doesn't issue a FULL VIN until the order is picked up from the bank and scheduled to be built. I'm into week 8 just waiting for that... Don't hold your breath! :reading: