Another shift at Wayne Assembly

Milan Chick

Hopefully answers to all of our questions will be answered in the BIG MEETING taking place today with all the top guys and the unilon!!!

When questioned about the amount of new people coming in and adding a 3rd shift to production, our union has stated that no third shift will be added for production. Only for body shop. But we will be losing our TFTs in August and that is about 126 people.

When questioned about the amount of new people coming in and adding a 3rd shift to production, our union has stated that no third shift will be added for production. Only for body shop. But we will be losing our TFTs in August and that is about 126 people.

I had no idea you guys have TFT's over there! I will keep my comments to myself on that one. When are they talking about putting the extra shift on in body shop? How many people do you think it will take to fill up a shift in body shop?

Here at Rawsonville, as of this coming Monday, we have people going to Wayne Assy. I do not know "where" exactly...(Stamping side or Assy.) but they are leaving Gen. I also know that people with

10 - 14 years on the sheet to go to Wayne. They are not complaining at all, just happy to get into a facility that hopefully will keep working.

Here at Rawsonville, as of this coming Monday, we have people going to Wayne Assy. I do not know "where" exactly...(Stamping side or Assy.) but they are leaving Gen. I also know that people with

10 - 14 years on the sheet to go to Wayne. They are not complaining at all, just happy to get into a facility that hopefully will keep working.

where did you get that info?

That is incorrect. There will be bids for Wayne going up next week. No one is being forced to go to Wayne until at least the bids go thru.

Ford will be following the market trend.....no OT....there will be 3 crew/4 crew at some plants. No big meeting with top company and UAW...it is the normal UAW Ford Council meeting and the company was asked to participate and give a company overview. That is all!! :shades:

Plant managers and local union leaders from around the country have been summoned to Ford's Dearborn headquarters Friday.

They'll discuss the challenges facing the automaker and the broader U.S. automobile industry as the price of gasoline continues to set record highs and consumers flee pickups and big SUVs for smaller, more fuel-efficient vehicles.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artic...UTO01/806110388

A meeting has been scheduled on June 13 in Detroit. All the Local Union Presidents and Chairpersons along with the Plant Managers of the vehicle assembly plants in North America Vehicle Operations are required to attend. Although the meeting notification did not specify this, we are anticipating we will be informed of at least some of the decisions being made regarding 2009 production plans at this meeting.

http://www.local249.org/breaking_news.htm

Plant managers and local union leaders from around the country have been summoned to Ford's Dearborn headquarters Friday.

They'll discuss the challenges facing the automaker and the broader U.S. automobile industry as the price of gasoline continues to set record highs and consumers flee pickups and big SUVs for smaller, more fuel-efficient vehicles.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artic...UTO01/806110388

A meeting has been scheduled on June 13 in Detroit. All the Local Union Presidents and Chairpersons along with the Plant Managers of the vehicle assembly plants in North America Vehicle Operations are required to attend. Although the meeting notification did not specify this, we are anticipating we will be informed of at least some of the decisions being made regarding 2009 production plans at this meeting.

http://www.local249.org/breaking_news.htm

There is no fricken meeting in Dearborn....please do not believe everything you read in the paper!! It is a regular UAW National Ford Council meeting that the company has been invited too.

Edited by Captain723

Ford briefs UAW on buyouts, business environment

Friday June 13, 3:23 pm ET

By David Bailey

DETROIT (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co (NYSE:F - News) laid out plans for further hourly job cuts in a meeting between executives and the United Auto Workers union on Friday as the embattled automaker reduces production of slow-selling trucks.

Ford, which previously said it would make plant-by-plant buyout offers, told the UAW it hoped to have plans for buyouts at specific locations "very soon," Ford spokeswoman Anne Marie Gattari said.

The meeting between Ford managers and union representatives was the first large formal session between Ford and UAW local leaders since the automaker warned in May that it would not meet a long-standing goal of returning to profitability in 2009.

The company also has warned that it would need to make fewer of the large vehicles that had driven profits in recent years, shifting production to smaller vehicles.

Ford discussed "business realities," but did not discuss product and manufacturing plans, Gattari said.

UAW members who attended the meeting declined to comment on the topics discussed.

Joe Hinrichs, Ford's global manufacturing chief, made a financial presentation to the union at the meeting, which was also hosted by UAW Vice President Bob King, who leads the UAW's Ford department. UAW President Ron Gettelfinger also attended.

"The world has changed dramatically over the past few months for our business and our industry," Hinrichs said in a statement. "We know we must move swiftly to face those challenges -- and we are."

Ford has been making adjustments to its salaried expenses and now must do the same in manufacturing, Gattari said.

The automaker has told its white-collar work force that it must reduce salaried expenses by 15 percent by August 1 and the reductions would include involuntary job cuts.

Ford has reduced its U.S. hourly work force by about 40,000 over the past three years to roughly 54,000 workers under broad buyout offers. The targeted buyouts would require the help of local union leadership, Gattari said.

About 4,200 UAW workers accepted buyouts in the last companywide offer. Ford has not confirmed a buyout target, but it was believed to be about 8,000.

Ford has said it hopes to work within the framework of a contract reached with the UAW last year. The company aims to reduce capacity for slow-selling trucks and SUVs and increase production on in-demand vehicles such as cars and crossovers. Hinrichs told reporters at an event in May that operating Ford's truck plants on one shift was not sustainable

There is no fricken meeting in Dearborn....please do not believe everything you read in the paper!! It is a regular UAW National Ford Council meeting that the company has been invited too.

GREAT dis-information campaign your running!

GREAT dis-information campaign your running!

Heyfkhead...keep listening to the paper!! There was no meeting in Dearborn. If you are from a plant ask your local leadership if they attended a meeting in Dearborn. There was no strategy or plan to close any facilities at the UAW National Ford Council meeting! SO who is the one with mis-information smart ass! If you do not know they do everyone a favor and sht the fk up and keep looking to the paper for your info!

Heyfkhead...keep listening to the paper!! There was no meeting in Dearborn. If you are from a plant ask your local leadership if they attended a meeting in Dearborn. There was no strategy or plan to close any facilities at the UAW National Ford Council meeting! SO who is the one with mis-information smart ass! If you do not know they do everyone a favor and sht the fk up and keep looking to the paper for your info!

OMG.. what are you still doing here?

Their is an article posted above you should read, PLUS a few more links for you....

No one listens to you here anymore.. your captured audience has left...

Though Level had a discussion with you..

We will carry on just fine without you.. you never brought anything of value to the table before. Your a known quantity,, you want to argue where a township line ends,, but still try to deny a printed article...

NEVER BELIEVE A RUMOR, UNTIL IT'S OFFICALLY DENIED!

NICE DIS-INFORMATION CAMPAIN you try to run....

OMG.. what are you still doing here?

Their is an article posted above you should read, PLUS a few more links for you....

No one listens to you here anymore.. your captured audience has left...

Though Level had a discussion with you..

We will carry on just fine without you.. you never brought anything of value to the table before. Your a known quantity,, you want to argue where a township line ends,, but still try to deny a printed article...

NEVER BELIEVE A RUMOR, UNTIL IT'S OFFICALLY DENIED!

NICE DIS-INFORMATION CAMPAIN you try to run....

Are you saying a printed article from the paper is true :hysterical: wake up dumb ass. Again, there was no meeting in Dearborn....FACT....it was a UAW NAtional Ford Council meeting with official call letter from Ron Gettelfinger/Bob King. The company was invited to give an overview of the current business.

There was no buy out numbers given

it has already been said that Ford wants to do targeted buy outs because they fell 4000 short(no new news).

There were no plans laid out for job cuts!!

Everyone knows trucks and large SUV's aren't selling (HELLO....not new news)

The involuntary SALARIED job cuts!! (not new news this was announced to the salaried people weeks ago...a task to reduce 15%)

Again, this was a meeting held in Detroit, not Dearborn asshole....and it was a meeting called by President Ron Gettelfinger and VP Bob King, not fo mo co!! :finger:

What else you got :shades:

Edited by Captain723

Hey Captain not every report said dearborn , from what ive seen the meetings were to take place "downtown" and that was the only location disclosed.

Yes our committee people have confirmed there was a meeting with plant managers, local presidents and chairmen started around 10 or 11 am and there would be no information untill it ended at 3:30 pm.

Who knows WTF they discussed in the meeting but any information would be better than the normal find out a few days before the fact. Thats part of the problem with this company and this union we are not part of the damn CIA, just give us the fucking information and let us as adults make the decisions that we need to make and move on.

And once again you seem to hold all the answers and everyone else is ignorant , Then enlighten us with your infinite knowledge so we dont have to listen to all the damn rumors and can have some real information for once, or you can continue to call everyone "fkhead","dumbfk" or whatever cleaver words you can hide swearing under and be real cool /shrug

Let him go Liquid. I do. he's easy to call out for what he is...

You'll get a lot of info this weekend in the news.. - you just saw him try to deny the truth.

I think he's pissed that he wasn't invited. where everyone knew all week plant managers and chair's would be at the same meeting.. either that.... or he's mad someone dropped a house on his sister.

Hey Captain not every report said dearborn , from what ive seen the meetings were to take place "downtown" and that was the only location disclosed.

Yes our committee people have confirmed there was a meeting with plant managers, local presidents and chairmen started around 10 or 11 am and there would be no information untill it ended at 3:30 pm.

Who knows WTF they discussed in the meeting but any information would be better than the normal find out a few days before the fact. Thats part of the problem with this company and this union we are not part of the damn CIA, just give us the fucking information and let us as adults make the decisions that we need to make and move on.

And once again you seem to hold all the answers and everyone else is ignorant , Then enlighten us with your infinite knowledge so we dont have to listen to all the damn rumors and can have some real information for once, or you can continue to call everyone "fkhead","dumbfk" or whatever cleaver words you can hide swearing under and be real cool /shrug

would you like to listen to critic or someone with answers??? What I posted is exactly what was discussed....the meeting started at 8am not 10 or 11!!! Not CIA but the media does not need to know out business!!

OMG.. you want to argue that it happened in Detroit and not Dearborn, that it started at 8 and not 10... :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

What a sorry paranoid person you really are... No one of importance will feed you anything anymore, will they. :hysterical:

And yet you can't deny that Ford told them job cuts were coming.....

for 8 months .. you have brought NOTHING to the table.... NOTHING, except a chest thumping that you have all the answers...

NEWSFLASH for you.. NO ONE LISTENS TO YOU HERE!

YOUR WORTHLESS!

OMG.. you want to argue that it happened in Detroit and not Dearborn, that it started at 8 and not 10... :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

What a sorry paranoid person you really are... No one of importance will feed you anything anymore, will they. :hysterical:

And yet you can't deny that Ford told them job cuts were coming.....

for 8 months .. you have brought NOTHING to the table.... NOTHING, except a chest thumping that you have all the answers...

NEWSFLASH for you.. NO ONE LISTENS TO YOU HERE!

YOUR WORTHLESS!

You are brilliant.....everyone knows that there is an excess of people, I said that there was no laid out plan.....please re-read asshole!

Don't be mad because you weren't invited! If you don't want to believe then don't! I don't care, my info did not come from the media though. So keep believing the newspaper. I can guarantee you that the local leadership will say nothing different that what I posted on here! So keep trying to build your fan base wannabee! :reading:

Edited by Captain723

You are brilliant.....everyone knows that there is an excess of people, I said that there was no laid out plan.....please re-read asshole!

Don't be mad because you weren't invited! If you don't want to believe then don't! I don't care, my info did not come from the media though. So keep believing the newspaper. I can guarantee you that the local leadership will say nothing different that what I posted on here! So keep trying to build your fan base wannabee! :reading:

OMG,, your paranoid... I must seriously be a threat to you.. In fact I know I am from day one...

OMG,, your paranoid... I must seriously be a threat to you.. In fact I know I am from day one...

A threat...you quoted an article out of the paper dumbass. What threat could that be...please enlighten me on how you are a threat!! Keep reading the media propaganda and thinking you know it all!! This will make you smart......SMART ASS!!