Ford Shortens Styling Cycle

Problem is, the panel fit was atrocious, the interiors were (at best) spartan--in the luxury models. Noise was reduced by gluing a quilt to the bottom of the hood, and you could fix everything under the hood with a socket set and a torque wrench. Ride quality depended on little more than the squishiness of the shock installed. Safety equipment was limited to seat belts, padding on the dash, and a St. Christopher medallion (if you were Catholic). Emissions equipment was pretty much just a tailpipe and a muffler, and apart from the spark plugs and starter the only things that needed electricity were the lights, radio, and (if you paid the extra $50) the clock.

And frankly, I'm surprised they didn't figure out a way to drive the clock off the crankshaft or intake vacuum like they did everything else.

What I'm saying: they weren't all that complicated to begin with. Hence making changes was easy.

Plus for the 1967 model year, Ford sold over 1 million full sized Fords, and that was in a model year that had a strike. Economies of scale.

Hmmm.... that sounds like the 2003 Panthers....but according to the :cheerleader:s on here, it's identical to the 1979 model.

Naaaaah....I'll say it's plenty different from the '79. It's pathetic how similar it is, though, to the 1992. I think even the Checker Marathon had more regular update intervals at this point.

in regards to the 2009 F-150. you cannot see the true differences, to the sheet metal, from the pictures, every inch of sheet metal is different(rear side paneling on flareside is the most similar but still has different lights and adjustments on wheel well flares).

under frame you have a 10% stiffer frame that is 15lbs lighter with advanced high strength steel, throughout the frame, a B-pillar that has been moved back 4" and is made of boron steel...oh and btw, the rear seats flip up with no effort at all to reveal a completely flat floor.(unless you have 10-speaker 700 watt stereo, then you get an amp/subwoofer on passenger side floor).

after driving them for a few hours(back to back to silverados and tundras), everything ON THE ROAD with a bed on the back seems sub-par...yes even 04 F-150s...

in regards to the 2009 F-150. you cannot see the true differences, to the sheet metal, from the pictures, every inch of sheet metal is different(rear side paneling on flareside is the most similar but still has different lights and adjustments on wheel well flares).

under frame you have a 10% stiffer frame that is 15lbs lighter with advanced high strength steel, throughout the frame, a B-pillar that has been moved back 4" and is made of boron steel...oh and btw, the rear seats flip up with no effort at all to reveal a completely flat floor.(unless you have 10-speaker 700 watt stereo, then you get an amp/subwoofer on passenger side floor).

after driving them for a few hours(back to back to silverados and tundras), everything ON THE ROAD with a bed on the back seems sub-par...yes even 04 F-150s...

sounds like you were at the Detroit get together...does the Tundra dash looking like its going to completely fall off when on the torture track sound familiar?

sounded like there were gnomes in the dash with hammers, trying to break out...I actually turned down a run on silvercreek I, due to back issues, but did several runs on Silvercreek II.

sounds like you were at the Detroit get together...does the Tundra dash looking like its going to completely fall off when on the torture track sound familiar?

sounded like there were gnomes in the dash with hammers, trying to break out...I actually turned down a run on silvercreek I, due to back issues, but did several runs on Silvercreek II.

were you behind the chevy that looked like it was about to THROW itself off the track?.......THOSE should be what Ford utilizes in their ad campaigns...just to show what happens to the competition everyone ( including the Truck of the year idiots ) touts would be mind boggling...Ford should ALSo get the damn mag writers out there to witness first hand.........