KCAP------"The New Golden Child"

mcmoney28

I wouldn't put too much in the fact that KCAP is the "choosen one." Everything now is all speculation. They can do a lot to a plant that is down for three months. But DTP has one trump card that is undeniable. LOCATION. The people in the glass house can see it from there and it is Bill Ford's "choosen one." Bottom line is this: If DTP goes down Ford is dead. Period.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't put too much in the fact that KCAP is the "choosen one." Everything now is all speculation. They can do a lot to a plant that is down for three months. But DTP has one trump card that is undeniable. LOCATION. The people in the glass house can see it from there and it is Bill Ford's "choosen one." Bottom line is this: If DTP goes down Ford is dead. Period.
Bottom line is if Ford dosen't meet the public demand of small cars that get 30mpg, Ford is done. The old days of a $45,000 SUV/F150 are over. We need cars...good looking cars that are priced good and ger 30 plus mpg. Prime example...the Ford Focus is selling pretty good right now. Why? Because it's a car people want. Why? Because it gets good gas milage and it's a good little car. High gas prices are here to stay...so we need to redo our lineup of our products and get what people want....they don't want SUV's and HUGE trucks anymore, they want small cars. A friend of mine who bought a new Toyota last year said to me...."I would of bought a Ford but they don't offer anything that can match the gas milage that Toyota has...I drive 40 miles to work one way and I need something with good milage". If this guy thinks that way do you think he is the only one...no! Change our lineup or buy a suit and get ready for a funeral.

Looks like KCAP will take the lead launch of the 09' F-150. They will cut a shift off trucks but add one as well on the other side. KCAP has lots of land to build on, centrally located, and has dynamite launches and has a outstanding quality record. I hate to see what is happening to people at DTP and I hope nothing but the best happens for them in the future, but at least the company is doing what needs to be done to succeed not just doing it because they need to keep a good rep on the Dearborn name.

What happened?!

Rouge (DTP) is the center of Ford's manufacturing empire! They are the biggest, the newest, the greatest plant ever! Books have been written about the Rouge, tours are given daily how could this be. So grand is this plant that it was given what had been the best selling, longest running name plate to build closing Norfolk in the process. It was going to launch it's first F-150 in just a couple of weeks and now Suprise! the launch has been delayed and shifted to good old KCAP. Looks like the Golden Child fell on his ass. I predicted the P415 launch would be screwed up and I was right. I also predicted the list of excuses.

Sorry for the bad attitude today.

so, by "chosen one" you mean that plant gets the vehicle launch that is least likely to remain profitable?

I would not want to be the plant that gets to launch a new vehicle that gets 17 MPG. Ford knows that we will never see sub $3.50/gallon gas prices ever again and is gearing up it's plants that are supposed to actually be around in a few years to make vehicles that get good mileage.

Good luck with the new F-150.

What happened?!

Rouge (DTP) is the center of Ford's manufacturing empire! They are the biggest, the newest, the greatest plant ever! Books have been written about the Rouge, tours are given daily how could this be. So grand is this plant that it was given what had been the best selling, longest running name plate to build closing Norfolk in the process. It was going to launch it's first F-150 in just a couple of weeks and now Suprise! the launch has been delayed and shifted to good old KCAP. Looks like the Golden Child fell on his ass. I predicted the P415 launch would be screwed up and I was right. I also predicted the list of excuses.

Sorry for the bad attitude today.

No problem fuck stick

I heard that we were all going to come back as Curators and the whole complex will be a museum. They wil just keep running the same vehicles through and all we have to do is just stand there and pose as if we were doing the job. :happy feet: :stirpot:

You are kidding me with this "GOLDEN PLANT" thing,right?It is all customer driven with politics thrown in.Nobody whose is not related to a Ford is "GOLDEN" Wixom,Atlanta,Michigan Truck those all made millions of dollars for the Ford Motor Company at one time.Anyways the nice,mature UAW people at Kansas City and the mature UAW people at DTP do not se it that way,I am sure,how childish.I want to see every Ford plant in the USA prosperous.Good Luck,,,,Send me some bar-b-que!!!!

I heard that we were all going to come back as Curators and the whole complex will be a museum. They wil just keep running the same vehicles through and all we have to do is just stand there and pose as if we were doing the job. :happy feet: :stirpot:

Chelsea,,,,,you would make a fine Electrical apprentice,,, :shades: You do that,,,and if the boss asks about me,,,,I went for parts

Edited by Fatso

Everyone is a prophet!

Fact is.....FORDS GONNA DO WHAT EVER THEY HAVE TO DO TO MAKE A PROFIT!

No plant is immune.No vehicle is untouchable! "My plants better than yours". "NO my plants better than yours" Well my Dad can beat up your Dad! Come on people , Its all about the Benjamin's.Why do you think the Fiesta went to Mexico?$$$$$$$$$$.

Everyone is a prophet!

Fact is.....FORDS GONNA DO WHAT EVER THEY HAVE TO DO TO MAKE A PROFIT!

No plant is immune.No vehicle is untouchable! "My plants better than yours". "NO my plants better than yours" Well my Dad can beat up your Dad! Come on people , Its all about the Benjamin's.Why do you think the Fiesta went to Mexico?$$$$$$$$$$.

exactly a small profit vehicle line built in some of the cheapest labor pool in the world, the sad truth is eventually things will even out and these high profit vehicles will be the fade again but hopfully US workers wont be compltely cut out of the picture by then.

Looks like KCAP will take the lead launch of the 09' F-150. They will cut a shift off trucks but add one as well on the other side. KCAP has lots of land to build on, centrally located, and has dynamite launches and has a outstanding quality record. I hate to see what is happening to people at DTP and I hope nothing but the best happens for them in the future, but at least the company is doing what needs to be done to succeed not just doing it because they need to keep a good rep on the Dearborn name.

I hate to say it, but 600 is KING.....they are still the chosen ones!!

so, by "chosen one" you mean that plant gets the vehicle launch that is least likely to remain profitable?

I would not want to be the plant that gets to launch a new vehicle that gets 17 MPG. Ford knows that we will never see sub $3.50/gallon gas prices ever again and is gearing up it's plants that are supposed to actually be around in a few years to make vehicles that get good mileage.

Good luck with the new F-150.

Who cares if they are the new chosen one....we were the chosen ones when trucks were selling.....good for them...god bless them all. Long live KCAP....

Thanks.My friends are losing their jobs and it is NOT their fault.What was that old,old saying,,life is like a$hit sandwich,,,the more bread ya have the less $hit ya hafta eat.It is bad enough when outsiders dump on us let alone other supposedly UAW members working for the same company.

no it's not there fault I blame are union leader ship for putting plant against plant with these bullshit (COA'S) all you here is dtp is giveing up this or st louis is giveing up this what we need to do is all stick together and get our job's back from Mexico instead we are loosing plants one by one :banghead::banghead::finger:

• 4 weeks later...
I GOT A HUNDRED DOLLARS RIGHT NOW THAT SAYS YOU GOT LESS THAN 10 YEARS SENIORITY.YOU NEED TO HANG OUT WITH SOME MORE MATURE PEOPLE AT KANSAS CITY.HERE IS A CLUE,KID,IT IS ALL CUSTOMER DRIVEN.THANKS FOR THE SALT IN THE WOUND

Speaking of being customer driven…

My apologies for posting this in the employee-only forum, but I felt it would be instructive to the UAW folks who strive to build the best vehicles possible to hear the experience of a first time Ford buyer trying to figure out why his 2009 Ford Escape Hybrid Limited hasn't been scheduled, never mind built.

I ordered a U59/750A with 60N and 187 options on April 21. To date, the vehicle hasn't even been scheduled (still sitting in the USOB). From what I can tell, that April 21 order is possibly the oldest one in the computer that hasn't been scheduled. The dealer says he cannot get an allocation from Ford HQ.

Whatever "allocation game" Ford HQ is playing with my dealer, the bottom line is: you guys and gals who build them have one less vehicle to build at the plant in Claycomo, MO.

I could understand if I was the last person to order, but I ordered on day five of the ordering window, which opened April 17. Scheduling supposedly began May 15 and production supposedly began June 23.

Attention web master: I'll understand if you revoke my login because of this post. I just wanted the Ford assembly line employees to know that I'm doing my part to help keep them employed. It's Ford HQ that isn't cooperating.

My apologies for posting this in the employee-only forum, but I felt it would be instructive to the UAW folks who strive to build the best vehicles possible to hear the experience of a first time Ford buyer trying to figure out why his 2009 Ford Escape Hybrid Limited hasn't been scheduled, never mind built.

I ordered a U59/750A with 60N and 187 options on April 21. To date, the vehicle hasn't even been scheduled (still sitting in the USOB). From what I can tell, that April 21 order is possibly the oldest one in the computer that hasn't been scheduled. The dealer says he cannot get an allocation from Ford HQ.

Whatever "allocation game" Ford HQ is playing with my dealer, the bottom line is: you guys and gals who build them have one less vehicle to build at the plant in Claycomo, MO.

I could understand if I was the last person to order, but I ordered on day five of the ordering window, which opened April 17. Scheduling supposedly began May 15 and production supposedly began June 23.

Attention web master: I'll understand if you revoke my login because of this post. I just wanted the Ford assembly line employees to know that I'm doing my part to help keep them employed. It's Ford HQ that isn't cooperating.

UAW appreciates your buisness friend! Be patient though, KCAP has the best quality in the buisness and they are worth waiting for ! Not only did KCAP take over the launch because of superior Quality ,! but they build them(f-150's) with fewer people!!No offense to other plants,!! I'm just letting fmorr know that our union brothers and sisters are working 6-7 days trying to get them hot potatoes out and rest assured you" will get your vehicle and we all at FORD appreciate your buisness ".P.S.( CAN YOU FIND 200K friends to buy up these trucks we been stock piling so we can go back to work in dtp! )

Maybe you have noticed some of these articles in the news about the rise in gas prices and the move by consumers into more fuel efficient vehicles (hybrids)? Sorry if there is a line... but do you show up on Christmas Eve wondering where all the " Tickle Me Elmos" are?

The market for hybrids, unlike the rest of auto sector, is a sellers market. They have already sold as many as they can make. They are producing them as fast as possible. They are even in the process of adding a third shift to meet demand. If your impatient... I'm sure our friends in Kentucky will be more than happy hook you up with a fantastic new Explorer... with $4,500 in rebates to ease the pain at the pump....much more than you could ever save with that hybrid anyway.

I think what he meant was: He WAS first in line for the 'tickle me ELMO' and the others who showed up hours later got theirs first. Would you be pissed?

Hx

Yeah... point taken. He responded to me via PM and I must say... I think he is suffering more from a dealer issue than something one of our friends here on BON could straighten out for him. Too bad too... he seems like the loyal, excited customer that our company is actively trying to reach. I'm sure if the "powers that be" were to reach out to him, they would see... putting one of those shiny new hybrids in his hands would do more to spread the message that we are trying to create in the marketplace, than providing it for some fleets use (which seems to be where most are going).

dont sweat that stuff fatso, DTP is the flagship of the company. Just like we didnt find out about them cutting a shift here at dtp until today, there are things out in kc they arent being told.

We are being told at dtp that they are going to retool at xmas to have the capability to build the longer boxed regular cabs here. Rumor is that kc will build another suv that they are bringing over from europe :happy feet:

We are being told at dtp that they are going to retool at xmas to have the capability to build the longer boxed regular cabs here. Rumor is that kc will build another suv that they are bringing over from europe :happy feet:

Who told you this ? :fan:

big news i just heard ford is looking into buying the massive sprint campus in kc to make it fords new world hq after all mullaly is a kansas jayhawk alum. now i see why ford has been buying up so much land around the plant maybe the rumor is true about having a new stamping and engine plant. after all if you want it done right bring it to kc, how did that song the fat man use to sing im going to kansas city---kansas city here i come!

During the process of asking people if they wanted to be transfered to the new C Crew on the Suv side. The question was brought up about the order bank on the Hybrid Escape and the Area manager stated it was shortage of batteries why there are not more produced on a daily basis. The vendor cannot keep up with their contractual obligation for the amount Ford wants to build. This is a shame because customers do not want to wait for a product they will go else where.

big news i just heard ford is looking into buying the massive sprint campus in kc to make it fords new world hq after all mullaly is a kansas jayhawk alum. now i see why ford has been buying up so much land around the plant maybe the rumor is true about having a new stamping and engine plant. after all if you want it done right bring it to kc, how did that song the fat man use to sing im going to kansas city---kansas city here i come!

Kansas city is the most profitable plant in North America and land is alot cheaper than in Detroit.

Grab your ankles Detroit this is going to hurt!

Kansas city is the most profitable plant in North America and land is alot cheaper than in Detroit.

Grab your ankles Detroit this is going to hurt!

Is the land cheaper? I guess you havent been to detroit lately. Take your head out of your ass