Question for DTP employees.

kcworker

Was just wondering if your local is telling you that DTP will be the only plant producing F-150's when you return to work in September? I've seen a lot of talk about it in some of the other topics on here and was just wondering if it's speculation or if it's something your local has said to be true? Thanks.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was just wondering if your local is telling you that DTP will be the only plant producing F-150's when you return to work in September? I've seen a lot of talk about it in some of the other topics on here and was just wondering if it's speculation or if it's something your local has said to be true? Thanks.

Nobody knows for sure, hell your union tells you more about our plant than our own union does. Maybe that will be in the July announcement about what is going where and who is going to build what... :shrug:

As far as I can tell, it's all speculation. Heck.... we learned we were losing a shift from Kansas City, then Ford press release, then finally OUR union confirmed it. If our union actually knows anything, they sure aren't telling anyone.

It is all customer driven.Maybe once people get used to $4.00 a gallon gas,when the housing market recovers {it always does}Maybe a Democratic President {forgive me} will institute a public works project to build our nation`s infrastructure.It is all customer driven.Meantime SEND ME SOME BARBECUE!!!!!!Best we got out here in Michigan is Famous Dave`s

Edited by Fatso

Can anybody in KC tell me how i can get a subsrcription to that KC newspaper sent to me up here in Dearborn? I need to know more details about what's going on with my job at DTP!

What a bunch of no talent ass-clowns i work for.... the best you can tell me is to "watch the news"...... now there's a reliable source of info. My future is jammed in between stories about a bunch of teenagers pregnant in Massachusettes and Jamie Lynn Spears had her baby... BFD!!!! This is the way you treat your employees? This is the biggest joke of a company i have ever worked for. Our CEO is one of the highest paid in the country, no wonder the stock fell below $6/share and is headed lower. Oh I forgot... we have to pay these guys this much money to "Retain The Talent". If this is the talent we're all in BIG trouble!!!!! WHAT A JOKE

our local meeting will be at 6-21-08 at 12:00 p.m to let us know what is going on, but i do know that theyre in the process of building a new body shop where the old mustang plant use to be it is right next to the f150 bodyshop we heard it is going to be for a car and a truck(f-100) or ranger

our local meeting will be at 6-21-08 at 12:00 p.m to let us know what is going on, but i do know that theyre in the process of building a new body shop where the old mustang plant use to be it is right next to the f150 bodyshop we heard it is going to be for a car and a truck(f-100) or ranger
again it is a parking lot for unsold vehicles

That space being cleared out is going to be a parking lot for the trucks built at DTP.The old Rouge Office Building is coming down as well.I am not sure what that space will be used for.

I don't want to say anything is for sure but I can almost assure you that DTP will not get the F100 production. Then again who knows what direction the great "Oracle" Mullaly will take us in. You say that they have already broke ground on the new body shop? Must be nice. All they are telling us here at KCAP is that it is on hold. They have been looking at a new paint shop for the SUV side as well but I'm hearing that it is to expensive to build. Sure would like to see a new body shop underway. I guess all of us at KCAP should just be patient since our new body shop was negotiated into the contract. LOL. Good luck to everyone. Maybe we will get lucky and Americans will start buying AMERICAN again.

I don't want to say anything is for sure but I can almost assure you that DTP will not get the F100 production. Then again who knows what direction the great "Oracle" Mullaly will take us in. You say that they have already broke ground on the new body shop? Must be nice. All they are telling us here at KCAP is that it is on hold. They have been looking at a new paint shop for the SUV side as well but I'm hearing that it is to expensive to build. Sure would like to see a new body shop underway. I guess all of us at KCAP should just be patient since our new body shop was negotiated into the contract. LOL. Good luck to everyone. Maybe we will get lucky and Americans will start buying AMERICAN again.

There is no new body shop at DTP.Look it is all customer driven.I am not a truck man but doesn`t Kansas City build a different type of truck than DTP?Anyways I don`t care who wins anymore.I show up reliably,do what they say and that is all I can do.I look around and I see hundreds of serious people doing exactly what I am doing.Canada has political clout with the CAW.Mexico and Brazil are third world countries and I agree with you Americans hate each other.

All I know is the last couple days they have been all over the plant taking pictures like hell! I saw them have a forklift loaded with frames stop at the entrance door and take several pictures of that and also of the trucks driven off the end of the line. I'm thinking major retooling is gonna go on! Maybe so we can build all the platforms of the f150. But who knows.

All I know is the last couple days they have been all over the plant taking pictures like hell! I saw them have a forklift loaded with frames stop at the entrance door and take several pictures of that and also of the trucks driven off the end of the line. I'm thinking major retooling is gonna go on! Maybe so we can build all the platforms of the f150. But who knows.

What happened to 'Little Country'? How come nobody says 'mother :redcard: fucker' anymore?We ar Ford Factory workers dammit calling someone else a 'mother :redcard: fucker' is like blowing them a kiss Keep smilin :hysterical:

'

What happened to 'Little Country'? How come nobody says 'mother :redcard: fucker' anymore?We ar Ford Factory workers dammit calling someone else a 'mother :redcard: fucker' is like blowing them a kiss Keep smilin :hysterical:

'

If you want to hear some "MOTHER FUCKIN" here ya go.................FUCK ALL THOSE MOTHER FUCKIN' LOCAL 600 SPINELESS PIECES OF SHIT THAT WITHHELD INFORMATION! THOSE MOTHER FUCKERS COULDN'T MAKE A PIMPLE ON MY ASS! SO IF THERE ARE ANY OF YOU UNION OFFICALS FROM LOCAL 600 THAT ARE READING THIS AND KNEW OF THESE LAYOFFS AND PURPOSELY WITHHELD THIS INFORMATION FROM THE MEMBERSHIP.............FUCK YOU AND WHERE YOU SLEEP, AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED YOU CAN SUCK MY MOTHER FUCKIN' MEAT PICKLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hows that for ya Fatso?

If you want to hear some "MOTHER FUCKIN" here ya go.................FUCK ALL THOSE MOTHER FUCKIN' LOCAL 600 SPINELESS PIECES OF SHIT THAT WITHHELD INFORMATION! THOSE MOTHER FUCKERS COULDN'T MAKE A PIMPLE ON MY ASS! SO IF THERE ARE ANY OF YOU UNION OFFICALS FROM LOCAL 600 THAT ARE READING THIS AND KNEW OF THESE LAYOFFS AND PURPOSELY WITHHELD THIS INFORMATION FROM THE MEMBERSHIP.............FUCK YOU AND WHERE YOU SLEEP, AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED YOU CAN SUCK MY MOTHER FUCKIN' MEAT PICKLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hows that for ya Fatso?

I think he has a "chubby" after reading that.

As I stated on another thread Nick came around 3 or 4 weeks ago telling everyone on C-Crew it was done, just a matter of time and 3/4 of the people on this forum roasted him ..... Guess he was motherfucking right heh ?

HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHH! !!!!I can`t breath.They kicked me out a couple years ago but I made it back,,,,It don`t look good at DTP.What the hell summer is a good time to be off,,,keep postin!

As I stated on another thread Nick came around 3 or 4 weeks ago telling everyone on C-Crew it was done, just a matter of time and 3/4 of the people on this forum roasted him ..... Guess he was motherfucking right heh ?

Nick, didn't tell me shit! Matter of a fact, no union offical did! I read it out of the KC business section! If Nick for sure knew (which according to you he did) he should have grew some balls and stood at the bottom of the stairs and passed out a letter! FUCK LOCAL 600!

Nick, didn't tell me shit! Matter of a fact, no union offical did! I read it out of the KC business section! If Nick for sure knew (which according to you he did) he should have grew some balls and stood at the bottom of the stairs and passed out a letter! FUCK LOCAL 600!

You know you ned to calm down first off. Nick is a good guy and I can't wait till he takes his spot in july which really would not matter since we will be off but he will be working while we are off. He did alot of good a wixom and to roast a guy that puts in 110% of his time to give any information he has is sad on your part. You need to forget about the old union that will be gone soon. I have not seen my union rep since he won the election but I see nick almost every night and he is not my committee guy.

You know you ned to calm down first off. Nick is a good guy and I can't wait till he takes his spot in july which really would not matter since we will be off but he will be working while we are off. He did alot of good a wixom and to roast a guy that puts in 110% of his time to give any information he has is sad on your part. You need to forget about the old union that will be gone soon. I have not seen my union rep since he won the election but I see nick almost every night and he is not my committee guy.

thats because he works b-crew,I saw him campaigning on c-crew thats it. I hope things get better when he does take office

thats because he works b-crew,I saw him campaigning on c-crew thats it. I hope things get better when he does take office

Look, don't get your hopes up too much with newly elected officials. Right now a few plants have them/getting them. And they are going to be in a reactive mode. There is only so much they can do. They have to react to reductions and try to mitigate them as best as possible.

But best of luck to everyone.. It's gonna get worse, before it gets better. Try to work with the new ones and offer what help you can.

We'll see what the almighty Nick can do!