OAC News

otp

From the meeting. Comparing the parking situation to Rosa Parks is the most ridiculous comparison I have heard in my entire life. I use to vote for you but with that comment I’ll find someone else to vote for.

Not to say whether it's right or wrong, but the brother in question said "two workers of colour" he was walking in with one day said this to him".

Edited by OAC Lineman

Not to say whether it's right or wrong, but the brother in question said "two black guys he was walking in with one day said this to him".

That's sad if true. I wish that people would research the meaning of certain events (ie Rosa Parks) before they would use the reference so flippantly.

Not to say whether it's right or wrong, but the brother in question said "two black guys he was walking in with one day said this to him".

I was there and I never heard the "black" guy remark...I heard "two brothers".......but the Rosa Park comment was over the top.

I was there and I never heard the "black" guy remark...I heard "two brothers".......but the Rosa Park comment was over the top.

My question is, are you, as a member of the leadership going to park in the non-Ford lot, since the motion to do so was voted on, and passed? Seems like the segregated parking may not only divide the members, but the leadership as well!

I apologize about my last post. It should have stated "workers of colour", sorry for my ignorance!

Edited by OAC Lineman

Ok Ford actually did something smart.Theres 2 words that you never see in the same sentence-Ford and smart.But if you :cry: are gonna keep complaining about the parking now when you only work 2 weeks out of a month just imagine how much whining you would be doing if we were working full time 10 hour shifts.So its smart to implement it now.Big deal you gotta walk a bit farther,least your not working at MacDonalds and taking the bus to work. Give it a rest.

Edited by murphy01

Ok Ford actually did something smart.Theres 2 words that you never see in the same sentence-Ford and smart.But if you :cry: are gonna keep complaining about the parking now when you only work 2 weeks out of a month just imagine how much whining you would be doing if we were working full time 10 hour shifts.So its smart to implement it now.Big deal you gotta walk a bit farther,least your not working at MacDonalds and taking the bus to work. Give it a rest.

Dude, it has absolutely nothing to do with the walking distance, it's the principle of the whole thing.

Secondly, if you would of shown up to the membership meeting on Sunday, you might have a clue as to what's going on, and how your leadership plans on dealing with the issue.

Third, I think I just heard Management say "jump", it's your turn to say "how high"!

Dude, it has absolutely nothing to do with the walking distance, it's the principle of the whole thing.

Secondly, if you would of shown up to the membership meeting on Sunday, you might have a clue as to what's going on, and how your leadership plans on dealing with the issue.

Third, I think I just heard Management say "jump", it's your turn to say "how high"!

:blah: :blah: :blah: Hopefully not the same way they dealt with the issue of having to

go in on a lay-off week! We were told that Ford knew they were in violation of the collective

agreement by making us go in.....what was done.....mmmmmm........nothing!!!! :shrug:

Oh they did tell us if we wanted to stay home that perhaps in 6-8 months, maybe even a year

later we would get UI for the week.

Personnally.....even though I DO drive a Ford......there's NO way in HELL I would have parked

on the "other" side!!! I have no clue as to why everyone obeyed???? :finger:

I can't figure it out myself!

This isn't Oakville's policy.This is Ford Motor Co.policy all plants have to do this.How come if you look at the other plants forums here they all bitched about it for a few days you guys here are dragging this topic out for a month.To be honest I agree with it.Drive what ya build or at least don't bite the hand that feeds ya.

This isn't Oakville's policy.This is Ford Motor Co.policy all plants have to do this.How come if you look at the other plants forums here they all bitched about it for a few days you guys here are dragging this topic out for a month.To be honest I agree with it.Drive what ya build or at least don't bite the hand that feeds ya.

I agree; however, how does it make Ford look to the public if they are so desperate to sell cars that they have to resort to such measures? I believe that it is a boondoggle, and I hope that such thinking is not deeply embedded in the Ford organization, or we are really in trouble. We get A-Plan. The public knows that. If the company still needs to take other measures to get it's own employees to buy it's cars, how does that make them look? Most Ford employees buy Fords. Look at the parking lot and you will see that. This parking policy is only going to make them look bad.

Edited by Trimdingman

"This isn't Oakville's policy.This is Ford Motor Co.policy all plants have to do this"

We don't have it at STAP.People actually follow this rule?It's a silly rule and can't believe workers would follow it.What happens if you park a non ford in the ford spot?

:finger: To knock some sense into the ones that don't agree with the parking situation, Give it a rest. Like I stated some time ago do you think that the 40+ thousand that lost their jobs in the states earlier in the year and who weren't driving Ford's would've changed their minds?...never know but I'd bet ya they would if they knew what kind of advertisement they are putting out there. We're the same but it's easiest to bitch cause we still have our jobs but now have to walk farther. GIVE IT A REST!!! honestly move onto another thread or go work somewhere else, or better yet support the one that gives you a roof over your head and the food in your gut. :baby:

Wow look at this, what a surprise it is now June 2 and still the majority of our at OAC know very little about the edge or mkx. Why does ford love to keep us in the dark??? We are supposed to start building these in 3 more "production" weeks (right after shutdown) still we know nothing!!! Thats Wonderful!!!

Wow look at this, what a surprise it is now June 2 and still the majority of our at OAC know very little about the edge or mkx. Why does ford love to keep us in the dark??? We are supposed to start building these in 3 more "production" weeks (right after shutdown) still we know nothing!!! Thats Wonderful!!!

They do it because they can. They have the union over a barrel right now and are taking full advantage. Wait until demand exceeds our ability to produce, and then we will have them by the short and curlys. What goes around comes around.

They do it because they can. They have the union over a barrel right now and are taking full advantage. Wait until demand exceeds our ability to produce, and then we will have them by the short and curlys. What goes around comes around.

trimdingbat is an IDIOT...might even be a terroist too.....they are in canada now....LOL