OAC News

otp

I remember from the news on TV, a few years before I started ay Ford, the company tried to limit the COLA. The guys fought hard to keep it, and they succeeded. Now the union just throws it away, and they have got you all brainwashed to believe that it is nothing. At the rate you are caving in, by 2020, all of our jobs will be outsourced.

I remember from the news on TV, a few years before I started ay Ford, the company tried to limit the COLA. The guys fought hard to keep it, and they succeeded. Now the union just throws it away, and they have got you all brainwashed to believe that it is nothing. At the rate you are caving in, by 2020, all of our jobs will be outsourced.

By 2020 you probably will be dead.

Now you are apparently only dead from the neck up.

I was one of the guys who transferred to Oakville for a short stint from July to October of 2008. How is it going at OAC. What are your daily production numbers? At what point would it be necessary to put body and paint back on three shifts. Any more retirements coming up? Just asking. I don't think that I will be back to work at a Windsor plant anytime soon. So just wondering if OAC will need any transfers in the future. Thanks.

By 2020 you probably will be dead.

Now you are apparently only dead from the neck up.

It is nice to see how members of the younger generation respect their elders. You are the one who is brainwashed. If you don't wise up soon, you will be setting yourself up for a lifetime of poverty.

The trend is towards higher taxes and lower wages. Government will soon dictate your lifestyle. Unions favor big government. Government is taking over private corporations. Government is ordering them to cut wages. The government doesn't want people to be financially independent because then they don't need government. If you are listening to and obeying the government, you are playing into their hands. If you are plugged into the herd mantality, then you may as well be brain dead, because others are doing your thinking for you.

It is nice to see how members of the younger generation respect their elders. You are the one who is brainwashed. If you don't wise up soon, you will be setting yourself up for a lifetime of poverty.

The trend is towards higher taxes and lower wages. Government will soon dictate your lifestyle. Unions favor big government. Government is taking over private corporations. Government is ordering them to cut wages. The government doesn't want people to be financially independent because then they don't need government. If you are listening to and obeying the government, you are playing into their hands. If you are plugged into the herd mantality, then you may as well be brain dead, because others are doing your thinking for you.

Why don't you run for a union or government position and do something about it rather than spew your garbage here. Same thing every time you post. COLA COLA COLA. Give it up.

Why don't you run for a union or government position and do something about it rather than spew your garbage here. Same thing every time you post. COLA COLA COLA. Give it up.

It is being reported in the CAW Local 707 latest newsletter by the 707 Union Leaders that Joe Hinrichs of Ford claims that at the OAC it is $300-$400 more expensive per unit to build than any other North American Ford assembly plant....I propose that all of the 3500 hourly workers should give the concession of 1 dime per day to make up that difference...that should shut Hinrichs and your union leadership the hell up.

Edited by gocash

It is being reported in the CAW Local 707 latest newsletter by the 707 Union Leaders that Joe Hinrichs of Ford claims that at the OAC it is $300-$400 more expensive per unit to build than any other North American Ford assembly plant....I propose that all of the 3500 hourly workers should give the concession of 1 dime per day to make up that difference...that should shut Hinrichs and your union leadership the hell up.

If you give them 20 cents/ day that will give you a cost advantage and put you guys in the drivers seat.

Where/who said that? I've read it and never saw anything about $300-$400

read CAW Local 707s website...the latest newsletter has all the information in it. The newsletter about Canadian footprints...the union leaders reports,I can't remember exactly which one but two different guys say that Hinrichs told this at the July meeting with all Ford Locals.

Edited by gocash

Great! Ford will take the 10 cents per unit per worker or about $100 each a day, not 10 cents total....

Great! Ford will take the 10 cents per unit per worker or about $100 each a day, not 10 cents total....

At 20 man-hours per unit labor cost, the total comes to no more than $1400. Pay would have to be cut by over 20% to save $300 to $400 in labor. The whole thing is bullshit. They are saying that the other plants can build a car for around $1000, but it costs $1400 at OAC? Most of the jobs are outsourced now. Our labor is now a miniscule segment of the total cost. It is time to give it a rest.

At 20 man-hours per unit labor cost, the total comes to no more than $1400. Pay would have to be cut by over 20% to save $300 to $400 in labor. The whole thing is bullshit. They are saying that the other plants can build a car for around $1000, but it costs $1400 at OAC? Most of the jobs are outsourced now. Our labor is now a miniscule segment of the total cost. It is time to give it a rest.

What no COLA reference?

I was one of the guys who transferred to Oakville for a short stint from July to October of 2008. How is it going at OAC. What are your daily production numbers? At what point would it be necessary to put body and paint back on three shifts. Any more retirements coming up? Just asking. I don't think that I will be back to work at a Windsor plant anytime soon. So just wondering if OAC will need any transfers in the future. Thanks.

Hello?