OAC News

otp

Easy there LetmeWork. He is quoting a supervisor and we all know, they know less then us. Rest assured you have call back rights that supersede brother & sisters from other locals. Unfortunately I don’t think OAC will have room for to many displaced workers. If any at all? Heck our own plant population still isn’t out of the woods yet. But hey, I've been wrong before... ;-)

If they offer big buyouts to even low seniority workers, they should have enough takers so that not only will there be no one left on lay-off, they will be hiring.

My now ex-foreman John Patterson is done at STAP and will be starting at OAK Monday morning training 50 new supervisors. He said that the remainder of Windsor hourly that are wishing to transfer to OAK will be starting up there very soon.

Anyway, enjoy John Patterson....he's a real winner. :D

yS!

not only is John a winner but also a piss poor supervisor.The main reason for John's departure was the fact that the production manager had to rip his ass over not maintening the zones FPS board (no clue) so John went to personal and complained that Wayne was picking on him. So OAC you are getting one of the biggest pain in the arse tha St Thomas has to offer, good bye and get lost forever John

I was driving to Windsor on Friday for a gig, when lo and behold, I passed a CUV that I thought looked really nice. As I came up behind it, I couldn't believe my eyes.....It was a Ford EDGE!!! Must have been going to Detroit cause it had dealer plates on it. It was so great to see that on the road. Also, I heard from a vendor that the Fairlane may start up in April. :happy feet:

I've seen a couple of Edge's driving around Oakville and Burlington over the last few weeks, They are sharp looking vehicles! :happy feet:

They have built a new entrance into the plant at Gate 2, over by the Tire room. Non Ford product owners aren't gonna be happy with the extra distance into the plant. :baby:

Enjoy the rest of your vacation! I have a feeling we are gonna get really busy over the next few months.

:bandance:

Edited by Peanut

If they offer big buyouts to even low seniority workers, they should have enough takers so that not only will there be no one left on lay-off, they will be hiring.

We had our buyouts with the OTP deal. Do you think OAC will see more? I think they will save the buyouts for Kent and Elgin counties?

Not likely. Last buyout we had guys 62 years old with over 30 years who didn't take it. These are the guys that will be dead in less than a year after turning 65.

We had our buyouts with the OTP deal. Do you think OAC will see more? I think they will save the buyouts for Kent and Elgin counties?

Ford already said that they only offer packages to plants that they think will have employees on PERMANENT layoff and they feel that nobody that is on layoff at OAC will permanent even if it takes 1.5 years, they will be back.

Ford already said that they only offer packages to plants that they think will have employees on PERMANENT layoff and they feel that nobody that is on layoff at OAC will permanent even if it takes 1.5 years, they will be back.

What Ford says today isn't always going to happen tomorrow.

When you think your job is safe today it's gone tomorrow.

Ford offers a buyout today and cancels it tomorrow.

Ford says no buyouts today and offers them tomorrow.

It's the wild west when it comes to Ford.

So the answer to the buyout question can be found blowing in the wind.

Off topic but I take it you keep rhythm on tambourine in Scarecrow? Vocals too?

Tambourine, cowbells , percussion in general, back up vocals for the Mellencamp stuff and lead vocal for the Etheridge. Been with this band for almost 19 years.

Not sure if she is in Scarecrow but did see her sing years ago and was excellent.

Thank you Murphy. If you click on the link below, it will take you to our website. Just played at the Sound of Music Festival on the 18th. Was alot of fun! And yes, I am in Scarecrow.

What Ford says today isn't always going to happen tomorrow.

When you think your job is safe today it's gone tomorrow.

Ford offers a buyout today and cancels it tomorrow.

Ford says no buyouts today and offers them tomorrow.

It's the wild west when it comes to Ford.

So the answer to the buyout question can be found blowing in the wind.

Its a funny place to work at , I still remember when I got hired somebody said to me " Don't believe anything you hear and only half of what you see."

What we were told at the union meeting last Sunday is that there are no down weeks scheduled for Dec. but that could always change. It's what happens after Jan. that is up in ther air.

you will be on saturdays at the end of octobeer maybe early november. overtime and rebalance starts in october

you will be on saturdays at the end of octobeer maybe early november. overtime and rebalance starts in october

Mr. Integrity, again sir, you are not only responding to posts taht are nearly a year old, they do not pertain to your plant. This forum thing is a bit tricky, good luck figuring it out!

Mr. Integrity, again sir, you are not only responding to posts taht are nearly a year old, they do not pertain to your plant. This forum thing is a bit tricky, good luck figuring it out!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

My now ex-foreman John Patterson is done at STAP and will be starting at OAK Monday morning training 50 new supervisors. He said that the remainder of Windsor hourly that are wishing to transfer to OAK will be starting up there very soon.

Anyway, enjoy John Patterson....he's a real winner. :D

yS!

I heard 40 supervisors but my question is the same, no matter the numbers. Why did Ford OAC hire all these new supervisors? Are they going to have one supervisor for every four bodies on the line? Or does it mean that there will be more bodies on the line?? Please bear in mind that being on layoff since January 1 causes me to latch on to any hopeful rumours and automatically reject any dire warnings! :happy feet: :runaway:

Edited by LetMeWork

I heard 40 supervisors but my question is the same, no matter the numbers. Why did Ford OAC hire all these new supervisors? Are they going to have one supervisor for every four bodies on the line? Or does it mean that there will be more bodies on the line?? Please bear in mind that being on layoff since January 1 causes me to latch on to any hopeful rumours and automatically reject any dire warnings! :happy feet: :runaway:

I don't think that they had enough supervisors to run two shifts. Before shut down they had both shifts in and the supervisors had to work for 7am until after 8pm on the line. Not that it is hard to sit behind a desk for that long.

Has anybody else heard that everyone in trim and chasis will have to wear coveralls?Just wondering on a hot day like this.

Yes. It'll be a fun day tomorrow, they had a crew going around during shutdown removing ALL personal lockers and boxes from the floor. Many of them still full of stuff and the locks on them. There'll be a few PO'd people Monday.

So, between that and the new changerooms, the writing is on the wall.

100% coveralls, safety glasses and safety shoes. At ALL times.

PS

--Don't shoot the messenger--

Edited by OAC_Sparky

Yes. It'll be a fun day tomorrow, they had a crew going around during shutdown removing ALL personal lockers and boxes from the floor. Many of them still full of stuff and the locks on them. There'll be a few PO'd people Monday.

PS

--Don't shoot the messenger--

Do you currently have to wear safety glasses? Just wondering because we just nicely had to start wearing them in St Thomas Jan 1st. of this year.

yS

Ah, let the games begin. :runaway: