why not using hho??

mjpetersmd

lot of talk about people adding hho to cars and trucks with results getting double mpg!!With gas as high as it is ford should jump on this and sales would go through the roofs!!they say you can build one yourself for under $150.00 and ford could do it for much cheaper.come on ford wake up!!!

Edited by mjpetersmd

lot of talk about people adding hho to cars and trucks with results getting double mpg!!With gas as high as it is ford should jump on this and sales would go through the roofs!!they say you can build one yourself for under $150.00 and ford could do it for much cheaper.come on ford wake up!!!

hho? What is this super secretive gas saving abbreviation for that Ford and other manuf should offer??

you just can't add this and produce it on a large scale without large scale testing to see the effects on the motor long term. if they add this and the engine only last 50k miles on average, then what? and safty factors that are involved in this since it has to be topped off and maintained and cleaned, just not safe for general public. if you build this and add it to your fuel system, then you void warrenty, and since you were smart enough to do this, you should be smart enough to maintain it, general public is not, they just want to fill and go, and with this system its not that easy.

hho sounds like water (h2o) to me. I don't think I will add it anywhere but to the radiator.

HHO and Fuel cells first start as water, than with an electric current, you strip away the oxygen atom. then when ran thru the motor, the molecule tries to attach to a oxygen atom. this all is just a transfer of energy and using water as a battery, so its basicly an electric car since it takes electricity to create the gas from water, and the waste is just water dripping from exchast pipe.

HHO and Fuel cells first start as water, than with an electric current, you strip away the oxygen atom. then when ran thru the motor, the molecule tries to attach to a oxygen atom. this all is just a transfer of energy and using water as a battery, so its basicly an electric car since it takes electricity to create the gas from water, and the waste is just water dripping from exchast pipe.

That's the funniest (and most ridiculous) thing I've heard in a long time. Water is not a battery, electricity is required to free the hydrogen which is then added to the intake - it's still a combustion engine that runs on gasoline. And there is no water dripping from the exhaust pipe (other than the normal condensation).

You're confusing this with a hydrogen fuel cell vehicle. Totally different animal.

Just how wet would the streets be from all of this water if all the cars whre on Hydrogen? Think of all the oil slicks. The tire companies wouldnt be able to produce a tire that wouldnt skid as much. Then all the people would do nothing but complain about all the water on the streets all the time.

Uh...yeah. Does it ever rain where you live??

That's the funniest (and most ridiculous) thing I've heard in a long time. Water is not a battery, electricity is required to free the hydrogen which is then added to the intake - it's still a combustion engine that runs on gasoline. And there is no water dripping from the exhaust pipe (other than the normal condensation).

You're confusing this with a hydrogen fuel cell vehicle. Totally different animal.

what i meant is that water is being used to store the energy than it is released in a combustion engine. water + electricity = HHO, run HHO thru combustion engine, it grabs oxygen and releases energy, and turns back into water.

and yes water drips from exchast pipe idiot. check your facts before you argue. first thing hho or hydrogen does is try and grab oxygen, which results in water, thats where the energy comes from, a chemical change.

what i meant is that water is being used to store the energy than it is released in a combustion engine. water + electricity = HHO, run HHO thru combustion engine, it grabs oxygen and releases energy, and turns back into water.

and yes water drips from exchast pipe idiot. check your facts before you argue. first thing hho or hydrogen does is try and grab oxygen, which results in water, thats where the energy comes from, a chemical change.

Either you're the idiot or you're just another scammer. HHO doesn't "grab oxygen and release energy" - it's simply burned along with the rest of the air/fuel mixture. And it doesn't produce water - if it did then your engine and exhaust system would rust right through.

http://www.aardvark.co.nz/hho.shtml

Edited by akirby

Either you're the idiot or you're just another scammer. HHO doesn't "grab oxygen and release energy" - it's simply burned along with the rest of the air/fuel mixture. And it doesn't produce water - if it did then your engine and exhaust system would rust right through.

http://www.aardvark.co.nz/hho.shtml

at no time did i say it was a good idea, just possible, and why would you use a blog as your proof???? thats what your link is. and your wording of hho does not grab oxygen,,, read your own link buddy, and even the blog you are using to justify your post states it does. if your facts only come from blogs and forums, i think we found our idiot. do you even understand where power comes from??? transfer of energy from one form to another is where all power comes from, and hho uses wate as the catalyst.

at no time did i say it was a good idea, just possible, and why would you use a blog as your proof???? thats what your link is. and your wording of hho does not grab oxygen,,, read your own link buddy, and even the blog you are using to justify your post states it does. if your facts only come from blogs and forums, i think we found our idiot. do you even understand where power comes from??? transfer of energy from one form to another is where all power comes from, and hho uses wate as the catalyst.

Ok, I guess we'll have to go with idiot, although you might be both an idiot and a scammer.

Pay attention this time.

A hydrogen fuel cell produces electricity by using a catalyst to separate the electrons and protons from hydrogen atoms. When the electrons move from the anode to the cathode they produce electricity.

This is a CHEMICAL REACTION requiring a catalyst. The output is ELECTRICITY and water/heat.

These hho devices use the car's electricity to separate water into hydrogen and oxygen (in extremely small amounts) which is then injected into an internal combustion engine. There is NO catalyst to separate the electrons from the hydrogen, and there is no way for an internal combustion engine to use the resulting electricity even if it did.

The hydrogen and oxygen gas simply burns with the rest of the fuel. End of discussion.

oxygen gas simply burns with the rest of the fuel. End of discussion.

What? burning is a chemical reation, you can not burn oxygen, since any material you burn grabs oxygen, thats why when you burn hydrogen you get water. when you burn fossil fuels, it grabs oxygen and creates co2, when you burn hydrogen, it grabs oxygen and creates h2o (hence water dripping from tailpipe). materials don't just burn and go away, its a chemical change, and as with all chemical changes energy is converted from one form to another. thats why anything and evrything has a calorie rating.

as with all chemical changes energy is converted from one form to another

So in this case we're taking water, separating the hyrdogen and oxygen using electricity generated by the alternator which is connected to the engine's crankshaft and burning it inside the cylinders which recombines the hydrogen and oxygen into water and produces energy which drives the engine.

In a perfect world, the energy released when hydrogen and oxygen are combined would be exactly equal to the amount of energy required to separate them in the first place. But since an ICE is not perfect, some of that energy would be lost to heat and friction. You can never recover 100% of the energy required to create "hho" therefore there is no gain in performance or fuel mileage.

Wow... that's sounds simple enough.

Thanks for the details Dr. Science.

You can never recover 100% of the energy required to create "hho" therefore there is no gain in performance or fuel mileage.

i never said i like that add on system, but if it was safe for you to have a plug in system that made HHo for your car, it would be a money saver, but will never happen since someone out there would blow them selfs up.