I just took these photos.

FIAT-500E.jpg

FIAT-500A.jpg

FIAT-500B.jpg

FIAT-500C.jpg

FIAT-500D.jpg

What is he thinking? :lol:

FIAT-500F.jpg

We have an EPA test center on the North side of town, I think he just got off M-14 and was a little lost.

I guess they are bringing the Fiat 500 over here for sure now.

Fiat 500 in Ann Arbor July 07 2008 6:30 PM

I just took these photos.

FIAT-500E.jpg

FIAT-500A.jpg

FIAT-500B.jpg

FIAT-500C.jpg

FIAT-500D.jpg

What is he thinking? :lol:

FIAT-500F.jpg

We have an EPA test center on the North side of town, I think he just got off M-14 and was a little lost.

I guess they are bringing the Fiat 500 over here for sure now.

stop tailgating

does fiat have stores it can use in the US? or is there a plan to work with another company, like dodge and chery are going to do?

No, there are no Fiat dealers. Alfa Romeo (which is owned by Fiat) will be selling it's vehicles in Maserati and Ferrari dealers (which Fiat also owns), so maybe Fiats could be sold in those dealers as well? If they did work with another company, maybe they would/could work with Ford? The two companies have worked together on the 500 and Ka, so maybe they could extend that relationship to dealers?

Autonet recently reported that Fiat is looking for a manufacturing partner to bring their diminutive and successful reissue of the Fiat 500 to North America. "I'd like to bring it out as fast as I can. We are examining ways and means to manufacture the cars in the United States," Fiat CEO Sergio Marchionne remarked last Friday. "I don't want to bring it over made. I want to manufacture in [North America]."

Given the relative weakness of the US dollar against the Euro it makes a great deal of sense to build a new plant here to avoid higher European labor costs and the expense of intercontinental shipping. So far, the cleverly redesigned 500 has sold more than 250,000 units, proving that its success is more than simple nostalgia.

http://www.retrothing.com/2008/06/is-the-fiat-500.html

All l have heard is that they might sell it though Ferrari/Maserati dealers in the same way the Mini is sold through BMW dealerships.

No, there are no Fiat dealers. Alfa Romeo (which is owned by Fiat) will be selling it's vehicles in Maserati and Ferrari dealers (which Fiat also owns), so maybe Fiats could be sold in those dealers as well? If they did work with another company, maybe they would/could work with Ford? The two companies have worked together on the 500 and Ka, so maybe they could extend that relationship to dealers?

If Ford are thinking of shutting down St Pauls in North America once the Ranger is finished, why cant Ford use the plant with Fiat to manufacture the Fiat 500/Ka, making the Ka in North America would save money for Ford and Fiat who would be more than happy to share the costs of setting up the St Pauls plant to retool for the Fiat 500 and Ka, as they are looking to build in North America only and not ship them in ready built.

Gotta say it seems such a very big waste of talent and skill just to close St Pauls down when it would suit both Ford and Fiat to produce small cars that are very much in vogue at the moment, it would be a win win for everyone.

Edited by Ford Jellymoulds

Fiat count Ratan Tata as a director on the board of Fiat. Rumours are that JLR will get together with Alfa Romeo so maybe the 500 will go through LR's dealers?

Oh yeah. Just what every LR dealer wants: "ordinary" folk walking through their dealerships to look at Fiats.

They'll end up the way Mini ends up in most BMW dealers: relegated to some back corner where the "lowly" clientele won't interfere with the "real" customers.

Building the Ka and the Fiat makes all the sense in the world for the times as they are. It would be awesome because it's a step in the right direction. I really feel that gas prices will never, ever go down again. We all will need little fuel efficient buggers like these.

Oh yeah. Just what every LR dealer wants: "ordinary" folk walking through their dealerships to look at Fiats.

They'll end up the way Mini ends up in most BMW dealers: relegated to some back corner where the "lowly" clientele won't interfere with the "real" customers.

Minis are all required to have their own showrooms here....

Our local BMW/Mini combo consists of two separate buildings: one BMW, one Mini. So at least near me, the Mini's aren't relegated to a back corner.

Edited by rmc523

Minis are all required to have their own showrooms here....

Our local BMW/Mini combo consists of two separate buildings: one BMW, one Mini. So at least near me, the Mini's aren't relegated to a back corner.

I guess that answers that question.

he must be close...car looks HUGE in the photos......LOL!

As you can tell from the photos, I was at a stop light when "close" or in the turn lane/passing when next to the Fiat. The sets of pictures show the original angle and a zoom-in cropped view for more detail, self explanatory.

Choices why it was in town

1. Going to EPA testing center.

2. Going to one of three automotive magazines headquartered in Ann Arbor.

3. Putting some test miles on the car for Fiat.

4. Putting some test miles on the car for a competitor doing comparative testing and data collection.

5. Stole the car for a bank robbery.

Your guess is as good as mine.:stirpot:

I guess that answers that question.

Not really.

It just creates another question: Who the heck is going to pony up the money to build new showrooms for Fiat?

BMW originally sold Minis in the same showroom as BMWs, but they wanted separation in clientele. Many larger BMW dealers even have separate service areas for Minis. None of this is because they want to make MINI owners feel special either....

Not really.

It just creates another question: Who the heck is going to pony up the money to build new showrooms for Fiat?

BMW originally sold Minis in the same showroom as BMWs, but they wanted separation in clientele. Many larger BMW dealers even have separate service areas for Minis. None of this is because they want to make MINI owners feel special either....

similar circumstance when I was running a Jag/ Land Rover store.....Land Rover DEMANDED a seperate showroom complete with an "off road obstacle course" or certain allocation "favors" would become non existant......

similar circumstance when I was running a Jag/ Land Rover store.....Land Rover DEMANDED a seperate showroom complete with an "off road obstacle course" or certain allocation "favors" would become non existant......

Well...more like the complete opposite circumstance....LR was in position to DEMAND a seperate showroom. Fiat and Mini have no such luxury. It was actually BMW group that DEMANDED that Mini go in its own showroom to stay away from their uppity customers. BMW group is also starting to insist that their certified service technicians not be wasted servicing Minis in their service bays. Mini and Fiat would both be more than happy to share showroom and service space...they just aren't/won't be allowed.

Well...more like the complete opposite circumstance....LR was in position to DEMAND a seperate showroom. Fiat and Mini have no such luxury. It was actually BMW group that DEMANDED that Mini go in its own showroom to stay away from their uppity customers. BMW group is also starting to insist that their certified service technicians not be wasted servicing Minis in their service bays. Mini and Fiat would both be more than happy to share showroom and service space...they just aren't/won't be allowed.

they have their own techs too.....and service writers...based on several visits to Crevier BMW/ Mini.....

they have their own techs too.....and service writers...based on several visits to Crevier BMW/ Mini.....

They do now. Wasn't always the case. Dealer my brother works at didn't have a separate Mini service lane/shop until about a year after he worked there. They did always have their own techs though...they just shared space. Kind of funny though that none of the Mini techs really need to be certified in anything like the BMW techs do.

Fiat count Ratan Tata as a director on the board of Fiat. Rumours are that JLR will get together with Alfa Romeo so maybe the 500 will go through LR's dealers?

Land Rover sales dropped 40% in the US last month what will this do for their buyers, you already said TATA Nano's would be taking over the world by storm in their bid for global world domination and would be selling their $2,500 Nano's through these LR outlets what will to happen Land Rover & their clientele when they have got 10,000's of Homer Simpsons in front of them in a que looking for a Nano or Fiat 500, and telling a potential $200,000 Ranger Rover buyer to push off mate get to the back of the que, l was here first l want a Nano brochure and a test drive of the new Nano & 200,000 Range Rover please not sure which one l like the best.

I see the Nano is a big hit India T-Stag they are hot stuff.

Burning_Nano_540x324.jpg