45th Anniversary badges.

Roo

Hi all,

I'm new to these forums but have been a Mustang owner for the last three years. I currently own a Zinc yellow 2003 GT Coupe but I've just ordered a new '09 GT/CS but have a question.

All the pictures I've seen of the '09 CS don't have anniversary badges on the front fenders and I was wondering if someone can confirm for me that the car doesn't come with them, even though the model guide says ALL '09 will have them.

If this is the case does anyone have a part number for the badges so that I can get some ordered.

I would, of course, just pop down to my local dealer and have a look. Unfortunately I live in England so the nearest one is about 5,000 miles away. :D

Thanks in advance.

Hi all,

I'm new to these forums but have been a Mustang owner for the last three years. I currently own a Zinc yellow 2003 GT Coupe but I've just ordered a new '09 GT/CS but have a question.

All the pictures I've seen of the '09 CS don't have anniversary badges on the front fenders and I was wondering if someone can confirm for me that the car doesn't come with them, even though the model guide says ALL '09 will have them.

If this is the case does anyone have a part number for the badges so that I can get some ordered.

I would, of course, just pop down to my local dealer and have a look. Unfortunately I live in England so the nearest one is about 5,000 miles away. :D

Thanks in advance.

I ordered a 2009 Bullitt a month ago, and expect it in mid-August. I certainly hope it does not have the 45th anniversary badge. It would ruin the entire look of the car.

I agree with you for not wanting them on the Bullitt (nice choice of car by the way) but I don't think it's so much of a problem to have them on the GT/CS. And as there won't be many over here I think it would be nice to mark the anniversary.

I agree with you for not wanting them on the Bullitt (nice choice of car by the way) but I don't think it's so much of a problem to have them on the GT/CS. And as there won't be many over here I think it would be nice to mark the anniversary.

The 2009 Mustang Order Guide says, "45th anniversary year fender badging will appear on all V6 (including Pony Pkg.) & GT, excludes Warriors in Pink Package." A little vaguely worded, but I take it to mean that Bullitt and California Special models won't have the badging.

The 2009 Mustang Order Guide says, "45th anniversary year fender badging will appear on all V6 (including Pony Pkg.) & GT, excludes Warriors in Pink Package." A little vaguely worded, but I take it to mean that Bullitt and California Special models won't have the badging.

I've only seen one Bullitt and didn't look at it in the showroom when one was there the other day, but IIRC, I don't believe the Bullitt (or CS) have the 45th anniversary badges. Well, I know the GT500 doesn't have it, as I looked at and sat in one at my dealer.

Edited by rmc523

• 2 weeks later...

the 2009 Bullitt does not have anniversary badges.

Have you been over to www.IMBOC.com yet?

the 2009 Bullitt does not have anniversary badges.

I can confirm that. I just picked up my new 2009 Bullitt yesterday, and it is anniversary-badge-free. I had enough trouble making sure the dealer didn't add his name to the decklid, or provide a license plate frame with his name on it. The clean stealth-like badge-free look is what this vehicle is all about!

I've just had an email to say the car has arrived at the dealers and he's going to ship the badges with it.

I'll decide once it's here what I'm going to do. My only concern is that the space on the front wings below the GT/CS stripe won't be big enough for the badge to fit. If this is the case I might do what Fang suggested and just look at putting one on the back.

I can confirm that. I just picked up my new 2009 Bullitt yesterday, and it is anniversary-badge-free. I had enough trouble making sure the dealer didn't add his name to the decklid, or provide a license plate frame with his name on it. The clean stealth-like badge-free look is what this vehicle is all about!

At least you can remove license plate frames easily. I'll never take delivery of a car with a dealer's name tacked on above the car's original badging on the decklid though.