McCain please.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bob Barr for president

http://blog.bobbarr2008.com/files/2008/07/bb08trifold.pdf

Former Georgia Republican Congressman may be returning to the campaign life — as a Libertarian candidate for president.

Barr, who writes a column for The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, said in that interview many people were encouraging him to run and there was evidence voters had a "great deal of dissatisfaction with the current candidates and the current two-party system."

http://www.ajc.com/news/content/metro/stor.../barr_0405.html

And this from a Ron Paul supporter. For me could you layout a few of his accomplishments. At one time I liked him, but looking into his accomplishments I found little. Help me.

One man can't change this mess. Look at the warnings he gave while he was the only one to cast a no vote on many occasions. Look how things turned out after the fact. He gave a warning of the housing crisis we are now seeing.

What are the accomplishments of the rest of these clowns??? I don't care about there accomplishments, the only thing I want them to accomplish is to shrink the size of the government and return this country back to us.

Evertime they "accomplish" something it usually turns out for the worst, increases the size of government and ends up costing to much money.

Section 8. The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes, duties, imposts and excises, to pay the debts and provide for the common defense and general welfare of the United States; but all duties, imposts and excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

To borrow money on the credit of the United States;

To regulate commerce with foreign nations, and among the several states, and with the Indian tribes;

To establish a uniform rule of naturalization, and uniform laws on the subject of bankruptcies throughout the United States;

To coin money, regulate the value thereof, and of foreign coin, and fix the standard of weights and measures;

To provide for the punishment of counterfeiting the securities and current coin of the United States;

To establish post offices and post roads;

To promote the progress of science and useful arts, by securing for limited times to authors and inventors the exclusive right to their respective writings and discoveries;

To constitute tribunals inferior to the Supreme Court;

To define and punish piracies and felonies committed on the high seas, and offenses against the law of nations;

To declare war, grant letters of marque and reprisal, and make rules concerning captures on land and water;

To raise and support armies, but no appropriation of money to that use shall be for a longer term than two years;

To provide and maintain a navy;

To make rules for the government and regulation of the land and naval forces;

To provide for calling forth the militia to execute the laws of the union, suppress insurrections and repel invasions;

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the militia, and for governing such part of them as may be employed in the service of the United States, reserving to the states respectively, the appointment of the officers, and the authority of training the militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;

To exercise exclusive legislation in all cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten miles square) as may, by cession of particular states, and the acceptance of Congress, become the seat of the government of the United States, and to exercise like authority over all places purchased by the consent of the legislature of the state in which the same shall be, for the erection of forts, magazines, arsenals, dockyards, and other needful buildings;--And

To make all laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into execution the foregoing powers, and all other powers vested by this Constitution in the government of the United States, or in any department or officer thereof.

I don't see where they get the power to do half of what they do.

Edited by fmccap

One man can't change this mess. Look at the warnings he gave while he was the only one to cast a no vote on many occasions. Look how things turned out after the fact. He gave a warning of the housing crisis we are now seeing.

What are the accomplishments of the rest of these clowns??? I don't care about there accomplishments, the only thing I want them to accomplish is to shrink the size of the government and return this country back to us.

Evertime they "accomplish" something it usually turns out for the worst, increases the size of government and ends up costing to much money.

I don't see where they get the power to do half of what they do.

Your original post ask "what has any of these clowns done for us" I'm not looking for the Gov. to "do" anything for me but stay out of my life.

So are you not interested in their accomplishments or not. You said two totally different things in 2 post.

Reasons? Not trying to challenge you, just wondering.

I really do not like McCain but out of him and obama, i think he would make a better president than obama would. I'll just leave it at that to aviod a heated discussion between you and I.

Edited by FordFanForEver

I really do not like McCain but out of him and obama, i think he would make a better president than obama would. I'll just leave it at that to aviod a heated discussion between you and I.

I wasn't going to say anything about it, I was just wondering about your reasons.

Our next president should be McCain, Thank you.

Our next President should be a guy you don't like because your dislike Obama more? That's a great reason...

Well, given the options, what else is there to do?

Yeah, those 3rd party guys lately have been SOOOOOOOOO much better too. :rolleyes:

I used to like McCain, especially back in 2000 when he was running against Bush. Now, he's just starting to sound more like Bush 2.0 then the "Maverick".

Reasons? Not trying to challenge you, just wondering.

I'll tell you why. Because Barrack Hussien Obama will raise taxes on oil companies who will justifiably pass the expense on to us. BHO will also not allow off shore drilling. Off shore drilling is VITAL for several reason. First, the very fact that we will be producing more of our own oil will bring down prices. Second this is a quick solution to our energy supply problems. Don't let the Dems convince you that it will take 10 years to get the oil here. Many industry experts think it could take less than 18 months. Next,BHO is against coal. Apparently he is ignoring the fact the new technology has made "clean burning" coal a reality for this HUGELY ABUNDANT U.S. resource. BHO also is against nuclear power whch, despite what Jane Fonda wants you to think, is safe. BHO pins his energy platform on "alternative fuels" which in reality are futher off than 10 years. Next, BHO will weaken our military strength. He has gone on record that he will not "weaponize space" and will slow down, if not stop developement of anit-missle technology. This at a time when IRAN is firing missles at Jersulam. Yes I know that McCain used to oppose offshore drilling, but he has come around on that issue.

Yes, being shot down after 24 mission and spending years in prison being tortured does not automatically make him qualified to be president. But it makes him someone who knows EXACTLY what it is like to be in combat and it therefore makes him decide to go to war only when it would be necessary. No one loves peace more than a soldier.

So, yeah, I'm voting for McCain and these are the reasons why.

...Off shore drilling is VITAL for several reason. First, the very fact that we will be producing more of our own oil will bring down prices. Second this is a quick solution to our energy supply problems. Don't let the Dems convince you that it will take 10 years to get the oil here. Many industry experts think it could take less than 18 months...

I have question about offshore drilling (or any oil drilling in general). Oil is a commodity, right? Where is the incentive for a company to invest money to get more of a commodity, just to lower the market value of said commodity? Am I missing something? Would you invest money in something to lower your profit?

I know the following statement will probably get me accused of being communist or something like that, but I don't care. Now if somebody said that the government wanted to drill for oil to pump oil in the the Federal Oil Reserve so that when oil prices get too high, they can release oil into the marketplace to lower the value of oil, that would make more sense to me.

I support McCain over Obama. Here's why:

1) I believe both will raise taxes, but I trust that McCain will raise them less, and will have economic advisors who actually understand economics, where the Democrats have consistently proven to know nothing about economics whatsoever.

2) I trust McCain to handle a national security crisis, and I do not trust Obama to handle a national security crisis

3) I trust McCain will nominate Supreme Court justices that will uphold the Constitution

Anything else, I could care less about.

I have question about offshore drilling (or any oil drilling in general). Oil is a commodity, right? Where is the incentive for a company to invest money to get more of a commodity, just to lower the market value of said commodity? Am I missing something? Would you invest money in something to lower your profit?

I know the following statement will probably get me accused of being communist or something like that, but I don't care. Now if somebody said that the government wanted to drill for oil to pump oil in the the Federal Oil Reserve so that when oil prices get too high, they can release oil into the marketplace to lower the value of oil, that would make more sense to me.

No, your statement is actually quite the opposite of communist. It's completely capitalistic. Of course the oil companies don't want to drill more oil. They operate on relatively small margins as it is. Why make them smaller?

No, your statement is actually quite the opposite of communist. It's completely capitalistic. Of course the oil companies don't want to drill more oil. They operate on relatively small margins as it is. Why make them smaller?

Your logic is.........well, logical, except for one caveat. You see, at these prices, alternative energy such as coal conversion become viable without a doubt. So does a host of other alternatives in the near future. As a matter of fact, when you think about it, the people who BLOCK coal conversion etc, are the oil companys friends since they allow the oil companys to have a MONOPOLY..........through political action.

Meanwhile, we are all stuck in the middle. For 75 years at the least, energy has been relatively cheap............and low and behold, we ARE STILL HERE; regardless of what some political factions continue to promote that we are all gonna die from it, lolol.

So I ask you, and everyone else------------>if we can have cheap energy (cheaper anyway) again, is that really such a bad thing? If oil has to compete with other forms of energy, it WILL DROP!!!! That is the way of the market, unfortunately it seems some people who claim to be Americans and live in a capitalistic society, want to fudge the market, allow oil to stay high for their own political purposes, by insuring through our system that we can not get our hands on what even is below our own lands and/or waters.

Does that sound like America to any of you?

1) I believe both will raise taxes, but I trust that McCain will raise them less, and will have economic advisors who actually understand economics, where the Democrats have consistently proven to know nothing about economics whatsoever.

Actually during one of the debates after he admits he's not economic savey he goes on naming people who he would appoint, funny thing is that they were the same ass-clowns we have now.

Gramm, who was the chairman of the U.S. Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs, received $1,000,914 in campaign contributions from the Securities & Investment industry. Some economist have blamed his banking regulations changes for the Home mortgage crisis. Why has John McCain never received a question about this?
Edited by fmccap

The answer is fairly simple. If an oil company is a publicly-traded company, then the goal for said company is to maximize shareholder wealth. Here's how you do this.....

Sell more of your product, even at a smaller margin. Here's why........

If I am an oil company selling oil at current prices, I always want more oil to sell at current prices because I make more revenue (even though my margin hasn't increased). I do this by increasing the supply I have to put on the market.

Question: But why do I want to increase supply if it only makes the price go down?

Answer: Because as my supply increases, my overall costs go down, thereby maintaning my profit margin even at the lower price.

Question: Now why would oil companies not want to keep the price of oil high so both margin AND revenue go up?

Answer: They do

Question: So why aren't they?

Answer: The competitive market (and the fact that collusion is illegal). ALL companies are always looking for an 'edge' over their competitor.

Companies increase profits one of two ways; Reduce costs, or increase sales.

If an oil company has a major oil find, like ANWR, the Gulf of Mexico, etc, the company's costs have drastically gone DOWN, because it doesn't have to spend the capital searching for more oil, and the wells will produce beyond their initial cost of investment. This makes the company more competitive in the global market because it can afford to sell the oil at a lower price than the competitor.

I will always be glad to sell my oil at a price under my competitor, assuming I can still make money at it, because I know that everyone will buy from me first allowing me to sell all my oil, and keep shareholder wealth high.