New Bronco

Tcall

All hope for an inline 6 is right out the window, so that's a non-starter.

I don't think the climate is right for a Bronco either, unless it's a little cute-ute with no real off-road potential. Either way, not the greatest idea at the moment in my opinion.

Much more likely option will be importing of the EcoSport in its next incarnation.

• 2 months later...
I don't think the climate is right for a Bronco either, unless it's a little cute-ute with no real off-road potential. Either way, not the greatest idea at the moment in my opinion.

I think Ford needs a Wrangler competitor. A Bronco the size of the original or slightly bigger with all modern stuff and the all the off road ability may be just the ticket. Needs a striped down base model for sure. A 4 cyl diesel or a the new 2.5L gas 4 should be fine. Even the new V6 thats supposed to be going in the F150 would be nice.

I'll take a base model with a V6 and 6 speed manual.

• 5 weeks later...
I think Ford needs a Wrangler competitor. A Bronco the size of the original or slightly bigger with all modern stuff and the all the off road ability may be just the ticket. Needs a striped down base model for sure. A 4 cyl diesel or a the new 2.5L gas 4 should be fine. Even the new V6 thats supposed to be going in the F150 would be nice.

I'll take a base model with a V6 and 6 speed manual.

So you essentially want the Bronco concept of a few years ago?

So you essentially want the Bronco concept of a few years ago?

In this climate of fuel efficiency being the top priority it all i can hope for. A full size bronco built off of the F150 or Expedition would be preferable. A nice, big, comfortable, and capable two door Suv. With a 6.2L V8 and a six speed manual, yep thats what i would really like, but with no guarantee of gas staying at 2.15 a gallon and with the new cafe, a smaller Bronco like the concept would be fine. :shades:

• 2 weeks later...
In this climate of fuel efficiency being the top priority it all i can hope for. A full size bronco built off of the F150 or Expedition would be preferable. A nice, big, comfortable, and capable two door Suv. With a 6.2L V8 and a six speed manual, yep thats what i would really like, but with no guarantee of gas staying at 2.15 a gallon and with the new cafe, a smaller Bronco like the concept would be fine. :shades:

Personally, I think a true Bronco project should wait until better [economic] times.

• 2 months later...
All hope for an inline 6 is right out the window, so that's a non-starter.

Much more likely option will be importing of the EcoSport in its next incarnation.

In other words a 2 door escape. heh.

The escape pretty much is a modern broncoII/first gen explorer in size and all, albeit in crossover form and not true truck based, as well as 4drs vs 2 with the broncoII's. I had a BroncoII for many years and 300k+ miles. I have a new escape now.

• 10 months later...
  • 6 months later...

The Wrangler with all it's warts, still sells pretty darn well. If Ford came out with a competitor based on a new ranger platform (T6) and made it fairly comparable to the wrangler as an offroader (maybe not quite as good as the wrangler, but make it decent), but improve on the fuel economy etc, I think it would be a runaway hit for Ford.

The Wrangler with all it's warts, still sells pretty darn well. If Ford came out with a competitor based on a new ranger platform (T6) and made it fairly comparable to the wrangler as an offroader (maybe not quite as good as the wrangler, but make it decent), but improve on the fuel economy etc, I think it would be a runaway hit for Ford.

I doubt it would be a runaway hit - Jeep buyers would tend to keep buying Jeeps. But it could help amortize the platform and manufacturing costs.

• 11 months later...

i am going to have to respectfully disagree. i think that ford needs to bring back an f150 based bronco or raptor based bronco. i dont see how you can say that the fuel market is affecting the sale of vehicles with large engines. look at all of the vehicles, sports cars and trucks with large displacement engines. there is definately a piece of the market interested in a full size two door suv, except now a days they are limited to the jeep wrangler which still sells a fairly good number of vehicles despite how much the new v6 sucks.

if ford can produce a vehicle like the raptor and have it sell like it has been, i think they could easily build a bronco on a single cab short bed f150 frame.

my first vehicle was an 89' eddie bauer bronco w/ a 302 and i LOVED it and think about kicking myself in the butt everday for selling it. hindsight is 20/20 unfortunately.

with the advances in emmissions and such today, they could easily have an 18 mpg bronco with that new 5.0 coyote motor and even better fuel mileage with the eco boost.

not too mention, how much would it kick a$$ to have a bronco with that 6.2L boss motor, e locker from the fx4 in a modern tech bronco! it would create a piece of the market that could force even more sales away from chevrolet and dodge.

retro is in style. just my two cents.

Today, SUVs sell due to their overall practicality. They are the modern family car. Removing two doors from an SUV makes the vehicle less practical.

None-the-less, the vehicle you're looking for is already in production. It's got a V6 instead of an I6, but it's close in overall execution. It even has retro styling.

2011_fj_ext11.jpg

Edited by The Outrage

Only Jeep can still sell a Jeep Wranger. I don't believe the same vehicle could be sold by any other brand as successfully.

You can still get brand new Broncos, you just have to build them yourself:

True...like my partially "rebuilt" '96 XL 5.0. It's now a prerunner/desert chase truck and still uses the TTB front and leaf rear...with all new long-travel suspension.

BUT...I'd still like to see a new Bronco...based on the F-150/Raptor. And although I love the TTB front end, I'd even go with the long travel a-arm Raptor front end.

Maybe it could look like this...

post-45546-0-25825100-1309292406_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...

I want Ford to make a Bronco that guys can drive as a daily driver.

A good list of features / capabilities:

- Skip the gas sipper entry level engine

- Standard no additional charge I-6 4.0L ecoboost or V8 5.0L gas engines

- V8 5.5L seqential turbo diesel $3k option

- Front and rear solid axles

- Front axle uses greasable u-joints at its ends (no cv's)

- Front hub disconnects w/ auto engage similar to Super Duty

- Super ridgid body connected to a real frame similar to LR4

- Nearly match exterior dimensions of the LR4

- T-case w/ 2WD, 4WD, 2Lo, 4Lo, and AWD via electronic wet disc clutch