KCAP or DTP

pointy

Eerily quiet on the F-150 news today. No word other than the already made announcement of the 3 crews for the Ecsape at KCAP. Where will it go? who will be the "One"? Will we have enough orders to keep 2 plants? Since KCAP is the lead for the '09 launch; where does that leave DTP? What will happen to KCAP after the 2011 MY of the Escape? Many questions and I know you all have the answers! LOL

Let the games begin......

Eerily quiet on the F-150 news today. No word other than the already made announcement of the 3 crews for the Ecsape at KCAP. Where will it go? who will be the "One"? Will we have enough orders to keep 2 plants? Since KCAP is the lead for the '09 launch; where does that leave DTP? What will happen to KCAP after the 2011 MY of the Escape? Many questions and I know you all have the answers! LOL

:stirpot: Not even that pot is big enough :hysterical: from our good friends at DTP we know where this will go :fan:

I usually dont like to add fuel to the fire BUT, this question has already been answered. Obviously KCAP being far more superior in quality and the number of employees it takes to build these trucks rightfully deserves the nod to proceed full steam ahead. Taking the launch from DTP only put another feather in thier cap. I was told by a reliable source (LION-KING) that by 2012 michigan would have 2 truck plants and DTP wasn't one of them. I don't know what it's worth but he has been right the last 3-times.I guess we'll have to just wait and hope things turn around so we can ALL go back to work.

I usually dont like to add fuel to the fire BUT, this question has already been answered. Obviously KCAP being far more superior in quality and the number of employees it takes to build these trucks rightfully deserves the nod to proceed full steam ahead. Taking the launch from DTP only put another feather in thier cap. I was told by a reliable source (LION-KING) that by 2012 michigan would have 2 truck plants and DTP wasn't one of them. I don't know what it's worth but he has been right the last 3-times.I guess we'll have to just wait and hope things turn around so we can ALL go back to work.

The quality thing doesn't work. We all know they have started with shutting the best quality plants and are working their way down the list. So with our quality and the Henry statue on Miller road, we obviously will be the last plant standing. Plus we have a tour and a gift shop.

And about the 2012 plan, How many times has the plan changed since the original way forward plan? About twice a year for the last 7 years. I don't think they have any idea what is going to be happening in 4 days, much less 4 years.

THIS JUST IN>>>>>>>>>>>>

DTP Sucks cock... that is all

The quality thing doesn't work. We all know they have started with shutting the best quality plants and are working their way down the list. So with our quality and the Henry statue on Miller road, we obviously will be the last plant standing. Plus we have a tour and a gift shop.

And about the 2012 plan, How many times has the plan changed since the original way forward plan? About twice a year for the last 7 years. I don't think they have any idea what is going to be happening in 4 days, much less 4 years.

don't start that nap quality thing again i stayed out of the last one but can't turn my head this time back in 98 i bought a new reg. cab xlt 150 built at nap that was the biggest pile of rolling shit i ever had the fenders were so far inboard wind just rushed in and whistled like a farmer in the field the back glass leaked water so bad my old ladies hair went frizzy the hood would not shut without slamming it then around 15,000 miles the dash started rattling so bad i took back to the dealer they told me it had bolts missing and others looser than a bass string i think the dealer had it more than i did before this truck i had a 94 150 from mtp and had no problems and now i have a 04 crew 150 from kcap i have 158,000 that still looks brand new i would say nap's quality sucked nap only got their quality from fleets you know white trucks hand crank windows plush plastic interior

I am a UAW worker at DTP and this contentious rancour is beneath a minimum level of dignity that we should all abide by.You live it up.Run down DTP and your fellow union brothers and sisters.Rejoice at your good fortune at the expense of their expected demise.Habla Anglais in Kansas City?

Quality doesn't mean shit Norfolk won awards, Wixom won awards um ya even DTP won awards.

The bottom line is the bottom line, numbers and profit thats all that matters (capitalist country Ford lives in thing) if quality happens to be included Great but its not the end all be all or some good quality awarded plants would not have been shut down period.

Edited by lquidspine

Where would the two truck plants in Michigan be? DTP and MTP are the only two, and MTP will be converted to Focus production.

Ford will need two plants to produce the F-150. The F-100 will take some F-150 capacity at DTP, and Ford is converting the Mexico plant from trucks to cars.

The full-size pickup market is far from dead despite the high gas prices. Ford will need far more than one F-150 plant to meet demand.

Edited by Footballfan

don't start that nap quality thing again i stayed out of the last one but can't turn my head this time back in 98 i bought a new reg. cab xlt 150 built at nap that was the biggest pile of rolling shit i ever had the fenders were so far inboard wind just rushed in and whistled like a farmer in the field the back glass leaked water so bad my old ladies hair went frizzy the hood would not shut without slamming it then around 15,000 miles the dash started rattling so bad i took back to the dealer they told me it had bolts missing and others looser than a bass string i think the dealer had it more than i did before this truck i had a 94 150 from mtp and had no problems and now i have a 04 crew 150 from kcap i have 158,000 that still looks brand new i would say nap's quality sucked nap only got their quality from fleets you know white trucks hand crank windows plush plastic interior

I for 1 think ur full of shit but......really doesnt matter what u got (im sure it was a

good truck though!) the numbers spoke for themselves..yr after yr after yr...NAP was

the best truck plant and always a top 3 best overall plant in system for efficiency

as well. DTP wont go anywhere, just like Napbob told ya!

Plzzz, what do u know bout quality? I mean..former edison assembly alumin right? LOL

DTP is alot safer than KC...but lets all have some class here nd not hope/speculate

any of us loses our plant right? :reading:

Ford will need two plants to produce the F-150. The F-100 will take some F-150 capacity at DTP, and Ford is converting the Mexico plant from trucks to cars.

The full-size pickup market is far from dead despite the high gas prices. Ford will need far more than one F-150 plant to meet demand.

What F-100, no one said anything about a pickup TRUCK on Thursday, anyway the so called F-100 would probably be a rebadged Ranger with some sheet metal changes. Twin City still alive. We don't need another pickup right now, WE NEED MORE HYBRIDS and fuel efficient GOOD LOOKING cars. :banghead:

You people are idiots alll of you. Get your heads out of your asses

What F-100, no one said anything about a pickup TRUCK on Thursday, anyway the so called F-100 would probably be a rebadged Ranger with some sheet metal changes. Twin City still alive. We don't need another pickup right now, WE NEED MORE HYBRIDS and fuel efficient GOOD LOOKING cars. :banghead:

Yeah, WE NEED MORE HYBRIDS and fuel efficient GOOD LOOKING cars, especially the ones with 6' & 8' beds.

THIS JUST IN>>>>>>>>>>>>

DTP Sucks cock... that is all

Piss off you jealous noob!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just wait and see what happens and everyone will laugh in your face noob!!!!!!!!!!!

I am a UAW worker at DTP and this contentious rancour is beneath a minimum level of dignity that we should all abide by.You live it up.Run down DTP and your fellow union brothers and sisters.Rejoice at your good fortune at the expense of their expected demise.Habla Anglais in Kansas City?

Nobody wants the demise of ANY plant here, just questioning the lack of F-150 news and the lack of DTP or KCAP being mentioned.

Footballfan Posted Today, 03:34 AM

Agree!

Do you really think the company would spend almost a billion building this flexible ultra modern facility here in Dearborn only to shut it down to move all production to a 30 year plus factory in Kc? And the whole building trucks with less people argument, do you think that has any thing to do with that you build mainly regular cab low content work trucks there? And the quality argument the same...low content work trucks....hard to mess that up. Dtp is not goin anywhere. We may not build all the f 150s anymore but like the letter the union put out a month ago said there will be a new product introduced here in the next 12-18 mos. (f100) Remember this is not some college football rivalry between dtp and kc this is peoples lives and livlihoods at stake here lets try and remember that :redcard:

Nobody wants the demise of ANY plant here, just questioning the lack of F-150 news and the lack of DTP or KCAP being mentioned.

Footballfan Posted Today, 03:34 AM

Agree!

What F-100, I didn't hear a thing on plans to build IT and WHERE, again, all SPECULATION at this point, unless your office is in the GLASS HOUSE and you know more than all of us. :ninja:

Do you really think the company would spend almost a billion building this flexible ultra modern facility here in Dearborn only to shut it down to move all production to a 30 year plus factory in Kc? And the whole building trucks with less people argument, do you think that has any thing to do with that you build mainly regular cab low content work trucks there? And the quality argument the same...low content work trucks....hard to mess that up. Dtp is not goin anywhere. We may not build all the f 150s anymore but like the letter the union put out a month ago said there will be a new product introduced here in the next 12-18 mos. (f100) Remember this is not some college football rivalry between dtp and kc this is peoples lives and livlihoods at stake here lets try and remember that :redcard:

Paint and body are their own plants, and are less than 15 years old, The rest of the plant ( main building ) is in good shape. E-Coat for Escape is fairly new also. 6 years old I think. Lots of room. :finger:

What F-100, I didn't hear a thing on plans to build IT and WHERE, again, all SPECULATION at this point, unless your office is in the GLASS HOUSE and you know more than all of us. :ninja:

Yesterday was about cars coming from europe. Ford will like the media attention of unveiling the new f100 at another time. And there IS gonna be a new f100 just because they didnt announce it yesterday....

I for 1 think ur full of shit but......really doesnt matter what u got (im sure it was a

good truck though!) the numbers spoke for themselves..yr after yr after yr...NAP was

the best truck plant and always a top 3 best overall plant in system for efficiency

as well. DTP wont go anywhere, just like Napbob told ya!

I don't know if he is full of shit or not maybe he got a bad truck and comparing his past and present truck he was dissatisfied I know back in '93 my brother and I bought new T-bird's I had mine for 10 years and had no problems with it I would say one of the best cars I ever had now my brothers on the other hand was pretty much junk from day 1 and I mean wind noise water leaks elec. problems, thank god he works for Ford as well because that might had been his last Ford.

Plzzz, what do u know bout quality? I mean..former edison assembly alumin right? LOL

DTP is alot safer than KC...but lets all have some class here nd not hope/speculate

any of us loses our plant right? :reading:

I don't and you don't know which is safer and I hope your not saying DTP is allot safer than KC just because of location there are so many more factors than that, in the past Ford has spent millions on a plant and later closed it, let's just hope that with all the transfers to DTP and KCAP, is a positive sign that they will both be around for many years to come and good luck to all the other plants where the rest of our union brothers and sisters are.

Why does everyone from kc seem to have some complex with dtp. Let me break something to you NORFOLK IS CLOSED FOREVER AS IS WIXOM. Why do you continue to argue about dead plants. And you dont work at edison anymore buddy so why dont you come up with relevent arguments that pertain to today and stop livin in the past i know it sucks you had to move but get over it. Life is about change. Overcome, adapt.......neither kc or dtp is closing so RELAX :redcard:

I know it's speculation about the F-100, but damn it, it sounds good. Though right now is not a good time to be announcing anything that even SOUNDS like a truck.

"Why does everyone from kc seem to have some complex with dtp." messy marvin lang Posted Today, 04:28 PM

I've been reading these posts a long time now, and really Messy Marvin, it's the other way around.

WHAT'S UP 4rd?