just got vin 1 week after ordering

vichybrid

I ordered and got a VIN 1 week later. The dealer said it she be in my possession in 6 weeks and that he pulled some strings with a regional manager and one from California...

I will be happy to get the car in my possession within 7 weeks of putting down my deposit, but I feel bad for those who must wait 5 months.

Mine is fully loaded too, and with leather so I think that would take longer.

I'll let you all know if indeed is comes in 6 weeks.

I ordered and got a VIN 1 week later. The dealer said it she be in my possession in 6 weeks and that he pulled some strings with a regional manager and one from California...

I will be happy to get the car in my possession within 7 weeks of putting down my deposit, but I feel bad for those who must wait 5 months.

It sounds like your dealer had already placed that order with a fake customer to get one on their Lot. If it didn't have a VIN, your dealer could change that allocation to fit your options and color. I bought my '05 FEH that had been ordered and changed everything to what I wanted. Later I wanted to change the color but it was to late because it had a VIN by then. Your lucky you got one already in the system.

You don't mention what model you ordered. If you did order a Hybrid model you are very lucky indeed!

Good Luck, on average the orders from California seem to be processing faster for the Escapes than anywhere else. So you may get it that quick.

If you end up tracking your VIN# in the employee section I'd be curious to see the order date listed.

Maybe, maybe not, I saw another Cali order a couple weeks ago over in the tracking forum that went from original order to build in two weeks, I think they pay in Euro's instead of dollars for these in California, so Ford does has an incentive to ignore us in the Midwest. :stirpot:

I think my dealer may have had another order waiting, but maybe that customer opted to get a regular escape instead, thereby giving me the place in que.

I don't exactly know.

I am not paying over sticker, but am certainly not getting a discount.

Also, when do I get the tax credit back?

Do I see the $3000, or do I just see where it is deducted from my 2008 taxes?

does anyone know why the cali orders seem to have priority? My dealer mentioned something about there being a state law in Cali that meant that their orders had to be faster, but didn't know the specifics. I'd be real interested to find out why Cali seems to be at the top of the list no mater when you order.

does anyone know why the cali orders seem to have priority? My dealer mentioned something about there being a state law in Cali that meant that their orders had to be faster, but didn't know the specifics. I'd be real interested to find out why Cali seems to be at the top of the list no mater when you order.

Consider it, "The luck of the draw."

My dad always tells me, "Life is tough, and then you die." I heard John Wayne once say, "Yup, and its tougher if you are stupid."

Relax and go with the flow ... all things come to those who are patient.

Edited by Hook686

The credit is claimed when you file your 2008 tax return and will reduce your tax or increase your refund. That is assuming Ford has not reached selling 60,000 hybrids, then you will receive a reduced credit depending on when the vehicle was purchased.

I think my dealer may have had another order waiting, but maybe that customer opted to get a regular escape instead, thereby giving me the place in que.

I don't exactly know.

I am not paying over sticker, but am certainly not getting a discount.

You do understand that it is a TAX CREDIT and not a $3000 rebate or cash back. That means that the $3000 comes off the top of your earned income when you declare your taxes at the end of the year. I have seen several people at separate forums looking for the money back. It doesn't work that way. Any energy credit (hybrids, solar, child care, etc) work the same way. It won't amount to $3000 by the time you get it all factored in, depending upon you tax bracket.

You do understand that it is a TAX CREDIT and not a $3000 rebate or cash back. That means that the $3000 comes off the top of your earned income when you declare your taxes at the end of the year. I have seen several people at separate forums looking for the money back. It doesn't work that way. Any energy credit (hybrids, solar, child care, etc) work the same way. It won't amount to $3000 by the time you get it all factored in, depending upon you tax bracket.

Assuming you qualify for the $3,000 tax credit i.e. 60,000 FEH's have not been sold yet, the credit will reduce your tax liability $3,000 i.e. $3,000 less you will owe the government. The one limiting factor you will need to keep in mind is the potential of falling into the AMT (Alternative Minimum Tax). If you do (and I would suggest consulting your tax professional as more and more folks are falling into it) the $3,000 credit could be reduced.