And the winner will be?

CSMJ

It's a ratified Contract dirty they can want to open it up all they want we still have the right to refuse that, this contract is binding until 2011. Not saying It cant be done but lets be real the company will have to do more than simply reduce its salaried staffing in line with the current hourly workforce to really expect the UAW to 1st open the contract 2nd take more concessions,something we've done 3 times since the 2003 contract.

Back on subject;McCain just lost any chance he had this election with his VP nomination today.

You want my honest opinion neither is the right choice, Just because Obama is a dem and supported by the UAW doesn't mean shit. Lets not forget who signed NAFTA, the start of the troubles that plague the US autoworker today.

THey go to a judge and tell why they need to open contract, if he thinks the reason is valid-contract is opened. period.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets see Obama is 47, has zero experience (except for the work for Bill Ayers) proposing 800 Billion in new taxes is Obama not McCain. Obama says we can fix our energy problems with a tire gauge and he's backed up by an asshole who's lifetime body of work consists of being the equivalent of a poltical Pit-bull. I'll take the experienced old guy over the one who has a nice speech he gave in 2002. On quality vs. quantity her(Palin's) experience is probably equal to his as far as "running a country" goes. Remember her name isn't on the top of the ticket. Palin is a relative novice. Further checking reveals some true accomplishments, plus the fact that she has been a governor for almost two years. But two years of experience as a governor, versus almost four years as a do-nothing absentee Senator that has spent most of his term promoting HIMSELF in his run up to the presidency. Any criticism of Palin as being 'inexperienced' can be easily countered by noting that Senator is AT LEAST as inexperienced. Both have similar resumes: Palin was a councilwoman, Obama was a community organizer ; Palin was a mayor, Obama was Senator in one of the most corrupt states in the nation; Palin is a governor, Obama is a Senator. At the same time, the McCain camp can respond by noting that, despite Palin's 'inexperience', she is only running as VP. Obama, on the other hand, is the inexperienced one, and he is running for the office of the Commander in Chief.

She looks good.

She's a NRA member

She speaks well

TOUCHE! Well said. Look before you vote, be informed with true facts not media hype.

She was elected in a state where the ratio of men to women is about 45:1. Look at her, if you were looking at Joe Bob everyday and the sun only shined 3 hrs out of the day, wouldn't you like to look at something nice. She was elected mayor in a town of 9000. My subdivision has more people than that in it. she has never been against or took on the oil industry. She is all for the oil company's and offshore drilling for them. Where have you been reading!! That was the dumbest move Mcain has made. This proves he is just as stupid as Bush. I wonder if she knows how many houses she owns? :finger:

Are you saying Alaskans are so stupid that they vote for looks????

Monkeys are smart enough to quit after 5 minutes.

Also, try finding a job in Michigan. I have an advantage in that my wife doesn't work, so she has been looking for a part time job. Problem is, there is nothing out there.

Your wife must not a job! Part time jobs are everywhere!!! If you want one they are easy to find, full time jobs are nonexistent.

Your wife must not a job! Part time jobs are everywhere!!! If you want one they are easy to find, full time jobs are nonexistent.

Can't you keep your moronic statements on the rawsonville threads! Do you have to hijack every thread on BON?

What a friggin idiot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'

And to all of the rest of you Republican wannabees out there, they are and have been the ones letting your jobs go overseas and to third world countries. All the while enacting rules to bust your unions.

You might think they are going to save this country............but they aren't going to save your job or your wage.........use your friggin heads people!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you saying Alaskans are so stupid that they vote for looks????

re-read my post, I did not say that they were stupid...if thay is what you got out of it then maybe you are from Alaska? I did say that in a state with 45:1 ratio, yes they would rather look at a women than a man. It is also true that Alaska has one of the highest depression, because of the day/night thing!! All I am saying is that Mcain picking her is the dumbest thing he could have ever done. She thinks that she is going to get the women vote that Hillary had.......WTFE!!1 She is no Hillary and how do you think that a mayor of 9000 would be as president when that 72yr old croaks?? The big businesses would like it, because they are the ones that run the republican party anyway!! :fan:

The Republicans haven't had a veto proof majority to pass energy legislation and when Clinton was in office , he wouldn't have signed it anyway. ( this in fact happened with the drilling in ANWR ) the Dems have blocked nukes and refineries for 30 years, drilling for a little less.

Yes, the wonderful nineties... the dot-com bubble where even a complete idiot could run things and look good. The problem was just as Bush was taking office the country was already in a recession from the burst of the dot-com bubble. Dubya and Greenspan decided to replace the dotcom bubble with the home ownership boom. Using low interest rates and lax rules stemming back to the 80's and loosened up even more lots of people got loans, home prices shot up then crashed.

BTW thank Jimmy Carter for the recession in the late 70's / early eighties

Look another Fox News Report!

Quit living in the past and think about your future.

Edited by 4rd4life

re-read my post, I did not say that they were stupid...if thay is what you got out of it then maybe you are from Alaska? I did say that in a state with 45:1 ratio, yes they would rather look at a women than a man. It is also true that Alaska has one of the highest depression, because of the day/night thing!! All I am saying is that Mcain picking her is the dumbest thing he could have ever done. She thinks that she is going to get the women vote that Hillary had.......WTFE!!1 She is no Hillary and how do you think that a mayor of 9000 would be as president when that 72yr old croaks?? The big businesses would like it, because they are the ones that run the republican party anyway!! :fan:
I agree with ya' this time Capt. McCain picking her was the dumbest thing he could do. The election is over before we even vote. I would be very afraid if this gal would end up as our prez if McCain would die while in office. I'm not crazy about either candidate.

I agree with ya' this time Capt. McCain picking her was the dumbest thing he could do. The election is over before we even vote. I would be very afraid if this gal would end up as our prez if McCain would die while in office. I'm not crazy about either candidate.

They done it for 1 reason, Hillary votes, bad decision when she made her speech and said women have another chance, a chance for what her view's are totally opposite of Hillary's so she's basically saying hey I have a vagina vote for me. Hell if Dan Quayle had one he would be on the ticket.

Edited by 4rd4life

And to all of the rest of you Republican wannabees out there, they are and have been the ones letting your jobs go overseas and to third world countries. All the while enacting rules to bust your unions.

You might think they are going to save this country............but they aren't going to save your job or your wage.........use your friggin heads people!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Level, I strongly believe in unions and collective bargaining but this blind support of Democrats has gotten us nowhere. They don't do anything to help us because they don't have to, we'll support them anyhow. IMO a better strategy would be "we don't care which party you're from, what are you going to do to help us?" Then put our money and support behind whichever candidate supports our issues.

BTW "card check" is a loser for us, it reinforces the publics perception that unions are run by a bunch of thugs.

She has energized the Republican base, will attract "soft Republican women" as well as pull in a few women who would have voted for Hillary. I think she's a good choice.

On somewhat this subject, here's a good column:

http://townhall.com/Columnists/ThomasSowel...politics?page=1

http://townhall.com/Columnists/ThomasSowel...politics?page=2

Edited by mulewright

They done it for 1 reason, Hillary votes, bad decision when she made her speech and said women have another chance, a chance for what her view's are totally opposite of Hillary's so she's basically saying hey I have a vagina vote for me. Hell if Dan Quayle had one he would be on the ticket.

What a shovanistic thing to say. And for someone who thinks he is so smart to say something so stupid.

What a shovanistic thing to say. And for someone who thinks he is so smart to say something so stupid.

I'm not being a chauvinist if Hillary would have been nominated I would have voted for her, Palin wasn't on McCain long list let alone his short list, this seems to be more like a Rove plan although he says he knew nothing about it, it was just McCain being the Maverick he is.

and as far as your comment about me that only bothers me when said by somebody I RESPECT

If Palin was a he instead of a she would she of been picked? I agree with 4rd4life and I am sure that millions of others(men and women) who saw Palins vagina call speech feel the same way.

Maverick:
  1. One that refuses to abide by the dictates of or resists adherence to a group; a dissenter.

How can you be a maverick if you vote with your party leader 90% of the time? :headscratch:

It's easy, most of the votes in congress are cast on things like naming a building or honoring someones service etc... Most members of congress vote yes on these things. In fact if you look at what Obama has gotten passed this year... pretty impressive stuff!

1. S.RES.133 : A resolution celebrating the life of Bishop Gilbert Earl Patterson.

2. S.RES.268 : A resolution designating July 12, 2007, as "National Summer Learning Day".

3. S.RES.600 : A resolution commemorating the 44th anniversary of the deaths of civil rights workers Andrew Goodman, James Chaney, and Michael Schwerner in Philadelphia, Mississippi, while working in the name of American democracy to register voters and secure civil rights during the summer of 1964, which has become known as "Freedom Summer".

Here's his first year...

1. S.RES.291 : A resolution to congratulate the Chicago White Sox on winning the 2005 World Series Championship.

2. S.RES.516 : A resolution recognizing the historical significance of Juneteenth Independence Day and expressing the sense of the Senate that history should be regarded as a means for understanding the past and solving the challenges of the future.

3. S.RES.529 : A resolution designating July 13, 2006, as "National Summer Learning Day".

4. S.2125 : A bill to promote relief, security, and democracy in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.

5. S.3757 : A bill to designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 950 Missouri Avenue in East St. Louis, Illinois, as the "Katherine Dunham Post Office Building".

Thats a pretty impressive record.

Edited by mulewright

It's easy, most of the votes in congress are cast on things like naming a building or honoring someones service etc... Most members of congress vote yes on these things. In fact if you look at what Obama has gotten passed this year... pretty impressive stuff!

1. S.RES.133 : A resolution celebrating the life of Bishop Gilbert Earl Patterson.

2. S.RES.268 : A resolution designating July 12, 2007, as "National Summer Learning Day".

3. S.RES.600 : A resolution commemorating the 44th anniversary of the deaths of civil rights workers Andrew Goodman, James Chaney, and Michael Schwerner in Philadelphia, Mississippi, while working in the name of American democracy to register voters and secure civil rights during the summer of 1964, which has become known as "Freedom Summer".

Here's his first year...

1. S.RES.291 : A resolution to congratulate the Chicago White Sox on winning the 2005 World Series Championship.

2. S.RES.516 : A resolution recognizing the historical significance of Juneteenth Independence Day and expressing the sense of the Senate that history should be regarded as a means for understanding the past and solving the challenges of the future.

3. S.RES.529 : A resolution designating July 13, 2006, as "National Summer Learning Day".

4. S.2125 : A bill to promote relief, security, and democracy in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.

5. S.3757 : A bill to designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 950 Missouri Avenue in East St. Louis, Illinois, as the "Katherine Dunham Post Office Building".

Thats a pretty impressive record.

I'm highly impressed which Conservative web site did you get that from, or are you on Rush's personal email list :hysterical:

Me too!!! how can you say you are interested in helping the auto companys when you put unrealistic goals for fuel milage on them?

Lets not forget about are body CARL LEVIN who wants to put a 50 cents gas tax on michigan so we don't drive so much. another { dem } that says he is helping us. :shades: :shades:

Palin already caught in a lie about the bridge to nowhere.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/elec...ge_N.htm?csp=34

She changed her mind, he said, when "she saw that Alaska was being perceived as taking from the country and not giving, and that impression bothered her and she wants to change it. … I think that Sarah Palin is someone who has the courage to reevaluate situations as they developed."

Courage to reevaluate as they developed? In other words, she got caught and now is trying to backpedal.

Nice find 4rd4life.

This is nice for the perfect Conservative family. I think this is why in the past McCain said women don't really have a place in the working world, they should be home raising their family for strong moral standings.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080901/ap_on_...alin_daughter_3

Proof that all the spending on Abstinence programs that Bush didn't want to stop is going in one ear of the teens and out the other. Maybe that money should have gone to funding more safe sex and birth contol programs!! Plus they're saying the daughter and her boyfriend will marry. That's good. Forced marriage because of a pregnancy. Why mess the situation up anymore? Maybe Palin should make sure the teens can even function as parents and a couple before she makes them do a politically correct move. Wish them all the best in their newly arranged marriage. I bet the Conservative Christian Movement is smacking their foreheads wondering WTF? :doh: