TMS user gives new look at the 2010 'Stang interior

Moosetang

I think it will be part of an ambient package.

I heard the same thing somewhere. And this was after all the speculation that they were going to get rid of it. Guess that's why it's speculation, though. I've asked this question on another forum, but gotten no answer. In some of the pictures I've seen of the interior, there are a couple of buttons on the center console next to the shifter. Anybody know what they're for? The message center buttons are to the left of the steering wheel, so I really don't have an idea. I'll try to find a link to post.--------Here it is---LINK---. Let me know what you think.

Edited by chiefstang

I have to agree. I've been lurking for awhile on this board and there are more asinine arguments than any other board in which I've been a member. It's nearly impossible to find the bits of good information because of all the sophomoric insults and petty quarrels.

hey we are family....most familes have step children and we have some too..but we are family...sister soulja says so

I heard the same thing somewhere. And this was after all the speculation that they were going to get rid of it. Guess that's why it's speculation, though. I've asked this question on another forum, but gotten no answer. In some of the pictures I've seen of the interior, there are a couple of buttons on the center console next to the shifter. Anybody know what they're for? The message center buttons are to the left of the steering wheel, so I really don't have an idea. I'll try to find a link to post.--------Here it is---LINK---. Let me know what you think.

I've heard Traction Control and trunk release...........?

I've seen less tension on Camaro forums towards Mustang drivers than the childish, insult laden attacks hurled against anyone who isn't on the BON cheer squad.

This place has the most intolerant hypocrites I've ever seen on the net, if Rush Limbaugh has a message board it's probably more civil than this place..

It is their only defense. They don't want to hear the truth and they, for some reason, are only capable of reacting in one way.

the new ambient lighting is a highlight on the new car, much improved. cant give you guys any of the secrets, but if you liked changing the colors of your cluster before you will definitely like whats coming! there are so many improvements i wish i could tell everyone, but they would have my ass! Please wait and see! i wouldnt blow smoke up anyones ass. when the news motors come, the car will be even better.

It is their only defense. They don't want to hear the truth and they, for some reason, are only capable of reacting in one way.

Sorry! but, I take great pride in providing the customer with the best damn product I can provide. So, I do try my ass off! I can't speak for all employees, but I can for myself! I will fight for what I believe in! Even if it's building crappy ole mustangs with crappy ole seats! Are you and blueblood starting to catch my drift? The name calling and viscious attacks are unwarranted, and immature. So, that being said, I will continue to defend what I have my hands on!

Edited by el norte

Google is good. So maybe the general-purpose seats aren't the greatest, and Ford has yet to offer Recaro's as an option.

The seats that my Mustang have [see sig below] are OK, but they get a bit hot & uncomfortable on longer drives. They are the leather seats with the 2006 V6 Premium package.

A simple improvement, that the 2010 could benefit from, would be to simply use perforated leather in certain areas. That would help a lot and wouldn't cost much, IMHO.

Also, to all you guys trading insults, wouldn't it just make sense if the V6 & GT had regular seats (with the aforementioned improvements) and have 'Sport Seats' optional for the GT? The GT500+ could come with the sport seats standard. That way Ford could offer something for everyone?

Edited by joihan777

The name calling and viscious attacks are unwarranted, and immature.

And, yet, in the same post, you called Blueblood a name. Again, the hypocrisy is astounding.

Ford should take a good hard look at the seats that Subaru was put in the 2002 WRXs. Those were very comfortable seats and extremely supportive.

Edited by P71_CrownVic

And, yet, in the same post, you called Blueblood a name. Again, the hypocrisy is astounding.

Ford should take a good hard look at the seats that Subaru was put in the 2002 WRXs. Those were very comfortable seats and extremely supportive.

sorry again! forgot his name while I was typing! Sounds like you are well liked on this forum anyway. there always has to be haters

The seats that my Mustang have [see sig below] are OK, but they get a bit uncomfortable, and hot, on longer drives.

They are the leather seats with the 2006 V6 Premium package. A simple improvement, that the 2010 could benefit from, would be to simply use perforated leather in certain areas. That would help a lot and wouldn't cost much.

Also, all you guys trading insults, wouldn't it just make sense if the V6 & GT had regular seats (with the option for 'sport' seats) and the GT500+ came with the sport seats standard?

Edited by el norte

P71 is entitled to his viewpoint. It may or may not be right, but it's his, and he's entitled to it.

what viewpoint? I'm still trying to figure out what his point is! seats? well, ok. In response to his viewpoint, maybe if ford could at least offer as an option the same seats that are in the shelby into a gt. that would be awesome. I would buy that. but like the poster said before. you have to have a happy median for all customers. Stiff bolstered seats may not be comfortable for everyone. Mustangs are NOT race cars, right? they are sports cars, and I'm sure the suburu wsx also offers a more subtle trim package with less bolstered seats!

Edited by el norte

If this is a family, it's the most dysfunctional one I've ever seen...

why is this dysfunctional? I stated before that I take deep pride in my work and the product that our family puts in the showroom! what would you like me to say? "I'll just lie around and have the competion kick me in the Jimmy"

why is this dysfunctional? I stated before that I take deep pride in my work and the product that our family puts in the showroom! what would you like me to say? "I'll just lie around and have the competion kick me in the Jimmy"

It was meant to be humorous. Lighten up.

Of course I do. I take great pride in my work as well. However, the adolescent nature of some of the arguments on this board is quite astounding.

look the seats in stangs have sucked since 64.5.....ever been in a 70 boss with vinyl seats?...geez...your all over the place...from where i sit the gt500 seat looks far superior to what we had..i dont want nascrap seats in any stang as my big ass wont fit...you that do can get get aftermarket...personally i dont give a rats ass about foo foo ambient lighting and all the other gimmicky shit...if ford does not upgrade the motor then as far as i am concerned the car can rust in a field outside kearney nebraska

Of course I do. I take great pride in my work as well. However, the adolescent nature of some of the arguments on this board is quite astounding.

your right again! but, I will only get kicked around so long before I put up a fight. haha remember, I only got defesive when the name calling started. I was really hoping to give some insight on the new mustang without letting the cat out of the bag. I work with some guys that really don't like the mustang, but when we started getting some '10 stangs coming off the line. they said they would even consider buying one, and if you knew them you would know thats saying alot. haha My whole point is Ford made alot of changes for the better and just wait before casting doubt. I like the new center console and it's features but i never gave the padded armrest much consideration. I do agree that I'm not sure how comfortable it's going to be though.

look the seats in stangs have sucked since 64.5.....ever been in a 70 boss with vinyl seats?...geez...your all over the place...from where i sit the gt500 seat looks far superior to what we had..i dont want nascrap seats in any stang as my big ass wont fit...you that do can get get aftermarket...personally i dont give a rats ass about foo foo ambient lighting and all the other gimmicky shit...if ford does not upgrade the motor then as far as i am concerned the car can rust in a field outside kearney nebraska

One defense on the current seats that I like, and thats the use of thick durable leather. I have alot of miles on my '06 gt and the seats have little to no wear on them. my sources tell me new motors for '11, and they should be sweet.

Edited by el norte

Are you sure this response was meant for me?

5.1 seconds to 60 for $26,000 not fast enough?