Ford Stock currently @ $3.55

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has nothing to do with CASH... it has everything to do with rolling over our short term DEBT about $40 BILLION.

We have a MOUNTAIN of debt ($164B) about $40 comes due by year end.. We are effectively bankrupt (see attached article), rolling over the BILLIONS with a CCC rating (junk-) will be a trick.

The stock is now at $2.43 and can still go lower....

http://seekingalpha.com/article/99020-ford...rce=from_friend

I'm just ranting since I bought at $3.50 on Monday. If you buy at today, tomorrow, or Friday your effectively BETTING on the farm not going into foreclosure during a very long drought!

<Raises hand>

Now I'll be on my way. Go about your normal trolling...

Heh...likewise.

Fail. :yup:

Hey, if you can throw baseless barbs...so can I.

No you can't. :)

Oops...already did.

For petes sake, would one of you PLEASE grow up.

At this point I'm debating buying a few grand worth of F stock on the off chance a buyout is made which is favorable vs. the 2.50-2.00 price we'll be at for a few days. Bankruptcy looks closer in this market but a buyout could bring a nice little profit. It's kind of a Vegas-style bet though; the house (wall street) will probably win.

It has nothing to do with CASH... it has everything to do with rolling over our short term DEBT about $40 BILLION.

We have a MOUNTAIN of debt ($164B) about $40 comes due by year end.. We are effectively bankrupt (see attached article), rolling over the BILLIONS with a CCC rating (junk-) will be a trick.

The stock is now at $2.43 and can still go lower....

http://seekingalpha.com/article/99020-ford...rce=from_friend

I'm just ranting since I bought at $3.50 on Monday. If you buy at today, tomorrow, or Friday your effectively BETTING on the farm not going into foreclosure during a very long drought!

Hmm think Ford is more broke than I thought.

Hmm think Ford is more broke than I thought.

Not really. As I pointed out in the other thread, that $40B in debt is money owed by people making car payments. That number is huge every year, even in those hey-day years Ford was making money. Heck, it was likely even larger then because more vehicles were being financed with revolving debt. That is NOT money owed by Ford's automotive operations. That number for 2008 is under $1B, per the article.

:fan: :violin:

What else is there to say?

The people who loaded up on it when it was $5 a share. What were they thinking?

All I can say people is WATCH OUT!

The problem is if you don't know where the bottom is in the market then you can only do one thing. SELL.

Which it likely will. As long as Ford doesn't go bankrupt, then anyone who bought at $5 will eventually make money. Gotta risk something to get something. It's not any different with Ford than any other stock...

That's my fear... Because of all the unintended consequences behind it. Even trying to sell a used Ford product from whatever year it was built is so difficult now. It's not even funny! :banghead:

As long as Ford doesn't go bankrupt, then anyone who bought at $5 will eventually make money.

.....that's really comforting and somewhat obvious..... :hysterical:

It's no reflection on Ford me saying this, but right now I'd only invest in companies with sound balance sheets. There are gambles and there are gambles but when companies with strong balance sheets are under almost as much pressure as Ford, why buy Ford shares?

.....that's really comforting and somewhat obvious..... :hysterical:

It's no reflection on Ford me saying this, but right now I'd only invest in companies with sound balance sheets. There are gambles and there are gambles but when companies with strong balance sheets are under almost as much pressure as Ford, why buy Ford shares?

I would snap em up right now if I could...Ford will be going no-where...and with the product lineup that is coming I would rather have $ in something most LIKELY to go up than one that just stays put....